Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Denying that he attempted to flee a car wreck he caused when drunk at age 26.  

He avoided a lot of consequences because his Democrat father Judge had power. 

Who else had a parent that was a judge?  Hmm.  Let me think...

Just now, Gil Bang said:

Let's all cut the horseshit here.  Sack isn't ever gonna say anything about kavanaugh, because Kavanaugh's a wealthy, spoiled, entitled little bitch, and "thoughts and prayers this hits close to home".

They are definitely cut from the same cloth. Spoiled rich little shits who are net negatives and takers from society. Don’t contribute a damn thing except spending money to benefit themselves, which no doubt they consider gifts to society. They will never admit that of course, but we all know it’s true. 

• Like 3

Denying that he attempted to flee a car wreck he caused when drunk at age 26.  

He avoided a lot of consequences because his Democrat father Judge had power. 

Wrong fucking thread, but whatever.

Fact 1: Beto‘s DWI occurred 12 years after his father‘s term (four whole years) as judge ended

Fact 2: Beto’s father switched parties in the late ‘80s. He ran as a Republican in the 1992 Congressional race (and two more elections after that)

Fact 3: Beto’s father held so much power that he lost elections for Congress in 1992, tax assessor-collector in 1996 and for county judge in 1998

This shit is easily google-able. I expect better from you, Johnny. At least get your facts straight before you troll.

• Like 8

Just now, Horn Dog said:

Lindsey sounds like she has a schoolgirl crush

Seriously dude, can you blame him?  What a fucking Dreamboat that big stud Brett is.  Captain of the Bball team, cornerback/WR, worked out with PJ and Squee all the time, had some 'skees,  lifted some more, had some more 'skees, leg day, rinse and repeat.  

39 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Did Beto lie in the debate?  Yes or no?

God damn you’re fucking stupid. No is the answer but was he under oath? Was he before the Senate? Was he nominated for the Supreme Court?

Honestly how do you survive daily life. Your inability to do any sort of critical thinking is staggering.

Sack will deny it (much like Kavanaugh), but he's a much better poster during daylight hours than later in the evenings.  Daytime Sack is coherent, rational, etc.  Sure, he's a Trumpkin, but he's much more rational than "after the kids go to bed" Sack, who is a little "looser".   And by "a little" I mean "a lot"

Glass houses I suppose.  I've had a couple tonight, as is my custom. 

Edited by Gil Bang

23 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Wrong fucking thread, but whatever.

Fact 1: Beto‘s DWI occurred 12 years after his father‘s term (four whole years) as judge ended

Fact 2: Beto’s father switched parties in the late ‘80s. He ran as a Republican in the 1992 Congressional race (and two more elections after that)

Fact 3: Beto’s father held so much power that he lost elections for Congress in 1992, tax assessor-collector in 1996 and for county judge in 1998

This shit is easily google-able. I expect better from you, Johnny. At least get your facts straight before you troll.

Why? He's a mediocrity, just like his boy Kavanaugh.

29 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I really do wonder what’s in the Lindsey emails the Russians hacked. That should be investigated. 

The carrot probably relates to Lindsey taking an $800K donation from a Putin linked oligarch with US/UK citizenship - Len Blavatnik.  Mitch took the biggest payout from Blavatnik - $2.5M.  And yeah, there's a stick to be found somewhere too that he's been made aware of.  Mob rules.

46 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

LUpb.gif

41 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I really do wonder what’s in the Lindsey emails the Russians hacked. That should be investigated. 

I'm wondering what's not in his emails, because judging by the way he's acting, his life depends on Kavanaugh making it.

Graham has gone fucking nuts.  Truly fucking nuts.

I really felt like the Yalies were going to bring him down and they are not disappointing. I think someone is going to corroborate Debbie Ramirez pretty soon since it has come out that he was trying to get ahead of the story BEFORE Ronan Sinatra's story was published. This dude did the dick in face move on a drunk chick because he is a jackass. I think he is totally withdrawing before the investigation is over. I'm calling it. This did happen if he did indeed try to run it down and stifle it.

Edited by burntorangebongos
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm wondering what's not in his emails, because judging by the way he's acting, his life depends on Kavanaugh making it.

Graham has gone fucking nuts.  Truly fucking nuts.

Graham's angling for that AG job once Sessions is sent home. This is the price to pay: complete, and very public allegiance to all things Trump. 

8 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Graham's angling for that AG job once Sessions is sent home. This is the price to pay: complete, and very public allegiance to all things Trump. 

Why?  He could easily be out of the AG job within two years.

Not to mention that Trump could turn on him and basically try and ruin the reputation that he has cultivated for decades.  Look at Sessions.  Sessions was this proud Southern lawyer-type, long career of public service.  Now he's the whipping boy of a New York liberal, constantly getting mocked on twitter.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

You pay people to go away before they file suit and it hits the media.  Not after.  

Trump likes to think he's the best at the above, but we have all already been witness to many accusations.

3 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Maybe you don’t have a bunch of people who as soon as you were announced stated they weren’t going to vote in favor of you supporting trumped up bullshit that ruins your reputation.  

I'm betting he already had a shit reputation in DC amongst anyone who wasn't a Republican partisan. The dude has been a fixture in those circles for a couple decades now. It could be that his reputation as a closed-minded "YAY TEAM!!!" guy had preceded his nomination.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Why?  He could easily be out of the AG job within two years.

Not to mention that Trump could turn on him and basically try and ruin the reputation that he has cultivated for decades.  Look at Sessions.  Sessions was this proud Southern lawyer-type, long career of public service.  Now he's the whipping boy of a New York liberal, constantly getting mocked on twitter.

To be honest, why not? Sessions is as good as gone or will retire after the midterms. It's a promotion that Graham's been working towards for a long time. 

I lean pretty damn far to the right.  

This guy is a shitheel. Don’t know why you want to die on this particular hill Sack. 

The sexual stuff, who knows. I lean towards it probably happened and she is mistaken on it being him - I could be completely wrong.  The lying about being a douchebag in high school and college, there is no doubt.  Gtfo with that Devil’s Triangle being a game of quarters.  

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

I was thinking about this “job interview” take earlier today. There’s really no comparison. The job interview part is where the President nominates you. That’s much more like a job interview. The senate confirmation hearing is this weird courtroom-like situation which really has no equivalent anywhere in the professional world.

Gotta disagree. I've been in a job interview where I was on one side of the table and on the other there were 4-5 folks peppering me with questions (and it wasn't academia). Yeah, that's on the extreme end, but I've had groups of two or three multiple times.

Possibly more about the timing of that remarkable reversal in Lindsey's tone: 9 days after that infamous Trump golf date, several top lawmakers and political consultants were indicted for criminal conspiracy as part of an ongoing probe into corruption in South Carolina government. 

Interesting factoids I picked up from Lindsey's history -- he grew up in a small-town bar / pool hall called the Sanitary Cafe in Central, a little town in the SC Upcountry, which is more like Appalachia Lite than the plantation-strewn, palm tree-lined South Carolina most of us tend to imagine. (Same hometown as DeAndre Hopkins.) Also pretty much assures his dad was kind of mobbed up in that redneck way -- probably handled some bets, paid a little protection, sold a little shine, shit like that. Lindsey wrote in his online autobiography that as a kid he used to steal smokes and swigs of beer from distracted customers and wound up earning the nickname Stinkball. 

He claims his dad knocked a dude cold for using the n-word to taunt a black man but I don't believe that story even for a second. 

Stinkball busted out with a smooth 800 on the SAT. That's not verbal or math -- that's total. And that was good enough for the Gamecocks. 

And there's a bunch of BS about how he came to be a confirmed bachelor. He doesn't just come out and say he prefers cock to pussy.

I had a friend who's dad was sort of mobbed up in that Dixie kind of way -- he had poker and pinball machines and video games, which were a godsend for him for money laundering purposes. You grow up in a family like that and you learn how to play ball early, and you also don't forget which side of the bread gets the butter and who is doing the buttering. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

I hate to bring this back to the Beto stuff but, for clarity, no cop ever said Beto tried to leave the scene.  The cop reported that an anonymous person told him Beto had tried to flee the scene.  He was passing on information from someone whose name he didn’t even have. In other words, the cop knew jack shit about it.  

• Like 2

Here's a sample of several highlighted pages of the written questions Dems on the SJC submitted to Brett about his debt accrual and disappearance prior to his nomination.  So there are certainly answers provided by BK, albeit without Dem subpoena power to verify at this time.  Given the now expanded parameters for the FBI to conduct a thorough background check not requiring GOP approval, I expect it would take less than a day to trace the money flow of his debt formation and resolution.

• Like 1