Brett Kavanaugh Confirmation Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

So you think that Russia is funding a lobbying effort through CRC directly related to the Kavanaugh appointment. The cap isn't a MAGA cap, its a dunce cap. 

What was BKs position when the payment was issued? I don’t find it out of the realm of possibility that Russians would do such things to people in position of power in other countries.

Just now, Anastasis said:

So you think that Russia is funding a lobbying effort through CRC directly related to the Kavanaugh appointment. The cap isn't a MAGA cap, its a dunce cap. 

No, I'm saying that the group that's pushing kavanaugh with commercials also has experience pushing puppet figures and working with authoritarian leaders to subvert democratic norms. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

What was the best case scenario for what he assumed that pic was about?  A different woman expressing incredible pain? 

could have been a tv show still.  you know, michael bay or similar.  gasoline truck explodes, woman shouting into cell phone, giant robot fights, there's a biplane for some reason. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Haha 1

My personal view is Kavanaugh shouldn’t be confirmed based on his lack of candor on almost everything.  The saddest part of this process is he’s clearly getting pushed around by the White House.  Going on Fox News and talking about his virginity wasn’t Kavanaugh’s idea.

What I think will happen: Kavanaugh gets pulled  at the last minute before the Thursday’s hearing via him withdrawing due to emotional stress on his family or some other bullshit.

If Thursday’s hearing does go down it will be a public execution of Kavanaugh which gives the Republicans an easy way out of this disaster.  He’s going to get thrown under the bus if the hearing happens.

There’s little to no chance Ford fails to show up, she’s dead set on telling her story to the American people. 

The GOP doesn’t have the votes to confirm Kavanaugh regardless of how Thursday goes.

Kavanaugh is toast, it’s now just a question of how he goes down. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

yeah, this is only a thread documenting how the GOP is trying desperately not to investigate credible accusations of sexual assault against a lifetime nominee to the highest court in the land! No need to act so serious

Credible?  None of the 4 people she’s named back her up.  

4 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Does it really matter? Look at that picture.

this discounts the predilection of those extreme right-wingers who love to use lib tears and triggered gifs as general discourse. euro saw him some tears, and got a hard on for lib tears, enjoying the pain of someone else. in fact, he got so excited, he didn't even stop to determine the source of that picture, which did not have to be sandy hook. it could have been from any other major attack in the past five years. the tears were the most important part to go along with the meme, not the source. 

it's a fucked up condition.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Fuck off. This isn't naming a team captain. This is a lifetime appointment to the highest court in the land and whomever sits in that seat will have a long lasting influence on how the constitution is interpreted.

Kavanaugh is a terrible choice for such an important position - and that was before we learned he was rapey

OK.  So the world WILL come to an end.

Noted.

So back to K . . . doesn't a potential link to a Putin-backed Ukrainian seem a little coincidental to any of you?  I mean, *I* deal with Eastern European financiers on almost a daily basis, almost as often as I do Nigerian Princes, but I'm a wheeler dealer, not some virgin prep school stooge who sat lonely every night at Yale, drinking his tears away.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 minute ago, scottsins said:

Have any of the GOP’s who sit on the committee given an explanation for why they refuse to ask the questions of Dr. Ford.

Follow up:  Will BK also be questioned by the same outside counsel?

Bob Corker put it best - there's like, a really fucking good chance a GOP senator asks something totally out of line, insensitive, insulting or just plain wrong and it turns into a yuge deal.

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

So back to K . . . a potential financial link to a Putin-backed Ukrainian does seem a little coincidental to any of you?  I mean, *I* deal with Eastern European financiers on almost a daily basis, almost as much as Nigerian Princes, but I'm a wheeler dealer, not some virgin prep school stooge who sat lonely every night at Yale, drinking his tears away.  Not that there's anything wrong with that.

At this point, I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some financial link back to Putin.  The GOP is rolling in Kremlin cash and influence.  From the NRA, Cambridge Analytica, WikiLeaks, Internet Research Agency, RT...etc

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Like 2

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

They don’t want the narrative they got from questioning Hill.  I’m thinking it’s more likely than not Ford doesn’t show up and never intended to. And no way Ramirez shows up with that concocted crap.  

So you're keeping an open mind, then?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Bob Corker put it best - there's like, a really fucking good chance a GOP senator asks something totally out of line, insensitive, insulting or just plain wrong and it turns into a yuge deal.

So they are afraid to ask the questions, because they do not feel that they are able to do so without fucking up?  They are probably correct in that assessment, but that’s an indictment in them and not anything else.

Also, where is Crusher, who earlier called us morons, insisting that Ford was insisting on the outside counsel option instead of the Senators?

Just now, Johnny Sack said:

They don’t want the narrative they got from questioning Hill.  I’m thinking it’s more likely than not Ford doesn’t show up and never intended to. And no way Ramirez shows up with that concocted crap.  

I think she shows up in a red dress and looks like Rosie Perez.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, scottsins said:

So they are afraid to ask the questions, because they do not feel that they are able to do so without fucking up?  They are probably correct in that assessment, but that’s an indictment in them and not anything else.

Also, where is Crusher, who earlier called us morons, insisting that Ford was insisting on the outside counsel option instead of the Senators?

I mean, you really think, right now, the GOP wants THIS guy to question Ford?

giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

Ford is absolutely showing up because she knows that this isn’t just about her.  She’s standing up for every woman that was too afraid to speak out.  The way I see it, she has no choice but to show up because she knows she’s speaking out for a cause much greater than herself.  It’s kinda sad you can’t see this. 

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

I was initially. Now since 4 people she named don’t corroborate her story, I’m strongly leaning to this being bullshit.  And Ramirez’s allegations are not credible at all.  

If Ford testifies and Kavanaugh testifies, and the preponderance of the evidence is in her favor, than he should be voted down 100-0.  I don’t think she’s going to testify.  

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

If I were Ford, I wouldn’t testify either at this point, ESPECIALLY if the senators are going to personally question BK, but not her.  If I were her attorney, I would show up, read my statement, throw around a ton of copies of my polygraph results, and then throw up deuces.  Kavanaugh is going to be confirmed, because either he is innocent, or because the process is being rigged.  There is no purpose or upside to her participation in the shit show.

As far as the general public goes, her appearance isn’t going to convince anyone that won’t feel the same after hearing her statement or seeing her go on 60 Minutes.