Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

I can't even think of a second choice honestly.

They need to hire Meyer for 5-7 years to fix every aspect of this program, build it into a self-sustaining machine, and let him pass it on to one of his assistants like he did with Ryan Day.

No way man, 10 years $75M guaranteed at a minimum.

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

OB is notorious for allowing fake insiders post on their site (cujo) so temper the enthusiasm. 

but what did LotusHorn say about this? we all know he is the only legit Texas ITK out there...

Spoiler

Sarcastic Sarcasm GIF

Edited by NoName

56 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I don't disagree with this at all.

But if you think contact with Urban hasn't occured, you're not paying attention.

That'll be $9.95 please.

I can confirm that I have sent him a DM through Instagram letting him know how happy I would be if he would coach at Texas.

I will report back when he responds.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

fify

2 hours ago, Ricky Butler said:

I don't think we fire Herman this year, but I do think this is the only name that could get him fired a year early. He's the only name that could get a consensus I would imagine.

I kind of think Urban would be divisive among the money

2 hours ago, Newy25 said:

OB is notorious for allowing fake insiders post on their site (cujo) so temper the enthusiasm. 

He ain' t the worst one

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

I know you said TIFWIW  As much as I'd like to, I'm not sure I believe this.  That said getting bitchslapped by Tech and TCU(2 expected middling teams) right out of the gate has to have the BMD's in the "WTF" stage?  I am sure the Dallas guys are fucking with the Houston guys though.   "OK you fucked it all up, we'll handle it from here."

Didn't the Dallas guys both the Saban foray?

1 hour ago, Bevo VIII said:

I’m hearing 5 years 50 million

Would be worth it.  How much is aggy paying Jimbo?

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

fify

2 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Man you'd think we'd have won a lot of games then

When you think about, we should almost be happy that Herman lost to TCU since we rate beating OU as a higher value proposition/requirement. So really, I say, bully Tom Herman!

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

6 game winning streak in 2018. Tulsa, USC, TCU (hey, remember when we beat them?), @KSU, OU, and Baylor. 

We also may want to take the opportunity to push another streak, this one to eleven: late Mack, all Charlie, and all #MensaTom so far, have combined for ten consecutive years of having two consecutive losses at least once a season. Lincoln Riley just lost two for 0U's first time to lose twice in a row since 1999.

• Hook 'Em 1

Texas is 5-5 against Baylor in the last ten seasons. 

Texas is 3-7 against Oklahoma State in the last ten seasons. 

Texas is 3-8 against Oklahoma in the last ten seasons.  

Texas is 2-7 against TCU in the last ten seasons. 

Texas is 4-4 against WVU in the last ten seasons. 

Texas is 4-6 against K-State in the last ten seasons.  

Fellas, it's time.  It's okay.  We're in a safe space.  We all played high school football.  We all donate money.  We all piss excellence.  Our program isn't really built around winning and hasn't been for a long while, and it won't be...for a lone while.  No matter the location of your loge seats in the new SEZ.  We're gonna wander around for another couple decades.  Our brand is seriously tarnished and it's the circle-jerks around getting also-rans like Tom Herman a few years ago.  He's fine...he'll win us 8 games usually.  But he's A&M results at Clemson prices.  That's it.  And most of the LHF fell for it.  I could use a break anyway.  Y'all enjoy the rest of this shitshow.  6-4 and maybe a bowl game this year.  I'll give Herman credit, he learned to game the system at a relatively young age.  But the system in question ain't a football term.

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Fellas, it's time.  It's okay.  We're in a safe space.  We all played high school football.  We all donate money.  We all piss excellence.  Our program isn't really built around winning and hasn't been for a long while, and it won't be...for a lone while.  No matter the location of your loge seats in the new SEZ.  We're gonna wander around for another couple decades.  Our brand is seriously tarnished and it's the circle-jerks around getting also-rans like Tom Herman a few years ago.  He's fine...he'll win us 8 games usually.  But he's A&M results at Clemson prices.  That's it.  And most of the LHF fell for it.  I could use a break anyway.  Y'all enjoy the rest of this shitshow.  6-4 and maybe a bowl game this year.  I'll give Herman credit, he learned to game the system at a relatively young age.  But the system in question ain't a football term.

tenor.gif?itemid=15159526

tenor.gif?itemid=4769009

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

You’re going to watch it all and you know it

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

everyone of those schools has had(at least for some of the time) a better coach than us, save maybe WVU.  we have a coaching problem but we also have a speed/talent problem.  Our OL has been a shitshow for a decade and our speed overall has been VERY average.  Mack shit the bed and then we hired Patterson.  all downhill from there.

agreed that we don't care about winning.  we want better than Charlie but we aren't going to pay for Urbabn/Saban/etc.  if they'll come for 6M a year OK but we can't be seen paying so much for a football coach.  if they won't come for that we will roll the dice again if the losses mount.  at the end of the day, our University just doesn't care that much and we have an image to uphold.

get ready to be 4-7 against K State, BTW.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

downloadfile.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas