Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

Just now, satyanash said:

Yeah, shame on him for fumbling the ball away on the first drive and getting his punt blocked.

Where did anyone say he did that?  But he lowballed black wiping out a decent gain.  Underthrew to Moore earlier who had decent separation.  Those just the two off the top of my head. 

Sam isn’t the best QB to ever come through here but damn if he isn’t the best player on this piece of shit team. He’s a dude who loves the shit out of this university and really wants to put the team on his back and win. If even half of our scrub players had that attitude we’d be a shit load better. Sam is one of my top 5 favorite horns of all time 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Yeah, shame on him for fumbling the ball away on the first drive and getting his punt blocked.
Keep sucking his dick. He still makes plenty of head scratching decisions and some dumb as hell ones too.
Herman was great with JT Barrett, Cardale Jones, and Greg Ward. So obviously he knows what he’s doing with a CAPABLE Qb

Those guys were probably much more athletic that Sam and two of them were better throwing the ball. Not to mention the talent surrounding them.

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

That still does explain the apparent regression.  Guess we should blame yurcich, he's the only thing that has changed.  Or maybe Sam doesn't trust his receivers like he trusted Duvernay.

Edit: responding to ughhidk

Or maybe he doesn’t have someone to throw jump balls to like Humphrey and Collin? 

Given that your first reaction after Ingram fumbled was to deflect the blame to Sam for his "don't make mistakes" speech, I question what game you're watching.

I’m watching our senior qb under throw and over throw guys. One pass skipped to our receiver. And obviously his speech wasn’t that great since we started the game off with a turnover. That was the point. 

You seriously are gonna sit here and act like Sam is playing some bad ass game? 

• Like 1

He has no choice. On his last sack, two of the Texas WRs literally ran into each other and took themselves out of the play.

This team doesn't have a clear No. 1 WR and is suffering for it.

No Sam completed a pass to Moore after he ran into Whittington for 9 yards. Next play Sam took a sack. Then he almost was sacked but got the ball to Moore who got the first down.

regardless, Sam will need to look to run more instead of forcing the ball Downfield. It will also help since the defense is keying so hard on the RBs and the OL is sucking

1 minute ago, taybo20 said:

No question he doesn’t have an LJ like 2 years ago, or a duvernay like last year

Tarik, Whittington, Moore, Jake Smith, Eagles, that should be a defenses nightmare. He just is a decent QB, it’s okay to say that guys. He’ll graduate with a degree from McCombs and be a rich kid living in Austin. It’s fine to say he’s not a championship caliber qb

1 minute ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

I’m watching our senior qb under throw and over throw guys. One pass skipped to our receiver. And obviously his speech wasn’t that great since we started the game off with a turnover. That was the point.

You seriously are gonna sit here and act like Sam is playing some bad ass game? 

Did you also watch him having to pull off plays like this because of the craptastic state of our O-line?

• Hook 'Em 1

Sam isn’t the best QB to ever come through here but damn if he isn’t the best player on this piece of shit team. He’s a dude who loves the shit out of this university and really wants to put the team on his back and win. If even half of our scrub players had that attitude we’d be a shit load better. Sam is one of my top 5 favorite horns of all time 

I’m a dude who loves the shit out of this university as well. I’m on video at the age of 2 doing Hook’em Horns, which is a couple years younger than Sam was. I want to win.

None of that makes me or anyone else a good candidate for QB of the football team. When the best thing people say about Sam is that he loves this team, all that means is that he’s a great fan.

His on field performance is underwhelming. His accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and he frequently throws into double coverage, which was fine when LJH was catching everything but not fine when our best receiver is Josh Moore. Sam only looks good at first glance because he’s better than Case McCoy and Jerrod Heard and because he’s started 4 years which allows him to develop cumulative stats.

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Did you also watch him having to pull off plays like this because of the craptastic state of our O-line?

I’m sure you got an erection after that play too. Consistency has been his downfall for going on his 4th year. 

go post the 7-8 passes that have been off target and behind or in front of his receivers.

Just now, wild_turkey said:

I’m a dude who loves the shit out of this university as well. I’m on video at the age of 2 doing Hook’em Horns, which is a couple years younger than Sam was. I want to win.

None of that makes me or anyone else a good candidate for QB of the football team. When the best thing people say about Sam is that he loves this team, all that means is that he’s a great fan.

His on field performance is underwhelming. His accuracy leaves a lot to be desired and he frequently throws into double coverage, which was fine when LJH was catching everything but not fine when our best receiver is Josh Moore. Sam only looks good at first glance because he’s better than Case McCoy and Jerrod Heard and because he’s started 4 years which allows him to develop cumulative stats.

I don’t disagree with you but he’s the best we have right now and if even half the team gave as much of a shit as Sam did we wouldn’t be this fucking garbage. 

15 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

Tarik, Whittington, Moore, Jake Smith, Eagles, that should be a defenses nightmare. He just is a decent QB, it’s okay to say that guys. He’ll graduate with a degree from McCombs and be a rich kid living in Austin. It’s fine to say he’s not a championship caliber qb

Lol who you telling?

Sam consistently has alllll day to stand back in the pocket and make decisions, something that Colt McCoy never had during his final three seasons at Texas. The Sam Stans need to just stop with the endless deflections and excuses for Sam. He isn't playing well (both today, and the last two games as well), and he's never been consistent as a passer.

Every QB faces adversity, be it in the form of his opposition, or shitty coaches and teammates who sometimes hold him back. but the truly great ones find a way to overcome these obstacles, while the good-but-inconsistent ones like Sam are more of a mixed bag. y'all need to stop acting like this isn't the case. Had Sam played with Colt's last three I lines he would amass some really poor stat lines until he was forced to retire due to injury.  No, his teammates aren't doing very well either,but neither is Sam. this embarrassing, fangirlish Stanning of Sam Ehlinger is unbecoming of any adult man, nevermind entire giant groups of you. Grow up already, this is embarrassing to read. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Shame on Sam for the block-in-the-back penalty, giving up a sack on a straight edge rush, and not catching a ball that donked right off his helmet. All on that one drive.

Our issues go far, far beyond Sam and it's silly to pretend this game falls on him.

I’m 100% sure everyone knows that here.

25 minutes ago, UhhhIdk said:

They’re watching the same games, just from their homes in Westlake 

Shit, I’m a westlake grad and he looks like shit. Standing in the pocket for 8 seconds, missing open guys, under throwing receivers. Our best pass plays have been PI. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Shame on Sam for the block-in-the-back penalty, giving up a sack on a straight edge rush, and not catching a ball that donked right off his helmet. All on that one drive.

Our issues go far, far beyond Sam and it's silly to pretend this game falls on him.

How long do you expect a qb’s pocket to be clear? 

Give it a break. Who do you foolishly absolve him of all wrong doing? He’s had more than enough time to dump the ball, take off and run or just throw it away on plenty of snaps. But nah, gotta hold on to it long enough for everyone to get to him or force a ball. We are all admitting the team isn’t doing great or even good on offense. Only you act like he’s the love child of Tom Brady and Payton Manning.