Sam Ehlinger

wild_turkey

10 minutes ago, Somnio said:

Ehlinger has 684 yards and 10 TDs in the last two weeks.  76 points scored in two losses.  And some of y'all dipshits think the QB is the ptoblem?!?

And some of those drives where set up by TO's and good returns. The same can be said about the defense giving up a shit ton of points due to the poor field position because of TO's and ST mistakes. The problem is the offense is non-existent for long stretches of games, which contributes in the losses.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Obviously he’s not the main problem but he has a lot of the same issues as the rest of the team. Inconsistency, huge mistakes at the worst times...I feel bad for him that he’ll own every QB record and have little to show for it. 

From my memory this is an indication of an overall bad team, bad shit just seems to happen. If the team is in synch and well coached this kind of shit doesn’t happen. Just my uninformed opinion.

Our best season came we had methodical drives for points, but we didn't have any explosive plays. Now, it seems all we go for are the explosive plays and aren't happy just keeping chains moving.

Penalties play a role, but our offense is very boom/bust relative to 2018.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Our best season came we had methodical drives for points, but we didn't have any explosive plays. Now, it seems all we go for are the explosive plays and aren't happy just keeping chains moving.

Penalties play a role, but our offense is very boom/bust relative to 2018.

Something something take what the defense gives you. 

It’s pretty obvious Sam is one of our best players and gives it his all on the field. I don’t think you can say that he is or isn’t a great leader without actually being in the locker room. I’ve never heard about the team disliking him at all. But you’d think a true leader would have at least some guys willing to follow him and sing the eyes. However it’s also possible that no one knew he was out there or that no one else knew the eyes was even going on.

Just now, Helobious said:

It’s pretty obvious Sam is one of our best players and gives it his all on the field. I don’t think you can say that he is or isn’t a great leader without actually being in the locker room. I’ve never heard about the team disliking him at all. But you’d think a true leader would have at least some guys willing to follow him and sing the eyes. However it’s also possible that no one knew he was out there or that no one else knew the eyes was even going on.

Sweat and Graham were waiting on him per multiple people.

So the Sam was the only one to stay on the field during the eyes of Texas thread got too many panties ruffled? 

Every thread is crying about coaching and begging for that shit head Urban to come here (which will never happen), the one talking about the real issue - all the players except Sam have the Twitter mind virus - isn't allowed?

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It's just, you know, the thing the team comes together and does in a win or loss to show their respect for the University and the blessing to be able to play the game at this high level... Every game... 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

51 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

You seriously think he won’t be drafted and that bewilders me. We have some of the dumbest fans on the planet. 

You know who is the very clear #2 most accurate passer in UT history?

He will be drafted but he’s never going to be a started and lucky to keep on a practice squad, mark my words now.   Like I said deep is bad except for saving catches by previously mentioned and mid is decent.  Yay he’s good at throwing it 5 yards or less that make up a lot of his completions.   Over 10 yards on accuracy I’ll take, Colt, Simms, Buchelle, Vince, Street, atleast over him.  If you think he is accurate deep you are crazy.  Balls that fly over twenty yards his percentage is pretty terrible.

Edited by Hook1997
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeus said:

So the Sam was the only one to stay on the field during the eyes of Texas thread got too many panties ruffled? 

Every thread is crying about coaching and begging for that shit head Urban to come here (which will never happen), the one talking about the real issue - all the players except Sam have the Twitter mind virus - isn't allowed?

Lol. Yeah, players not singing a one-minute long song after a game is the “real” issue. I can’t believe people are so offended by the whole thing one way or the other. I care about what the players do the 60 minutes during the game, not the minutes after it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

Sam wouldn't have had to be such a hero late if this offense had just fucking done what they were supposed to do and scored before the half, then again when the got the ball after halftime. I'd say that would have set a pretty fucking good tone for the rest of the game.

But stuff like that is hard to do when you have a corch who doesn't believe in momentum.

Edited by Pam Cummings

I regret an angry post or two here. Sam wasn’t great today but seeing him sing the eyes by himself is a real bummer. He at least gives a shit which it seems like is more than can be said for the bulk of our team. I don’t know what to make of his leadership - really bizarre to see a captain left out by himself like that (did the team decide they wouldn’t sing the eyes and Sam defied that? Was it left up to each player and no one else cared to stand with their captain ?), but given the general jackassery of this team, it seems to be a them problem more than a Sam problem.

Most of my - and probably others here - frustration stems from the fact that I really believed he would develop into a great player, but it just hasn’t been there. The inability to throw even a semi catchable deep ball is truly confounding, as is his regular blow up quarters. IMO he’s doesn’t have the talent to last more than a couple NFL seasons but that doesn’t mean he hasn’t been a solid college QB who can win when shit falls right. Unfortunately our program is so fucking broken we’ve seen where that gets us - a .600 win percentage, 1-4 against OU and one season where we sorta competed for a conference championship.

Theres a decent chance we end up worse off when he leaves, but we’ve seen where we end up with him and that’s not cutting it either. It’s not all on Sam (if we’re picking between him and his arrogant prick of a coach it’s a no brainer) but I’m ready to turn the page.

Sam has been perhaps the worst individual player on the field for Texas for two weeks now. Maybe he’s injured or more to the story. I don’t know. I just know he’s made maybe a couple dozen bad run reads, wrong reads in the passing game and poor throws. He stands out for his mistakes more than anyone.

Edited by TXK
  • Fuck You 10
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, TXK said:

Sam has been perhaps the worst individual player on the field for Texas for two weeks now. Maybe he’s injured or more to the story. I don’t know. I just know he’s made maybe a couple dozen bad run reads, wrong reads in the passing game and poor throws. He stands out for his mistakes more than anyone.

Probably has something to do with the OL being incapable of pass blocking worth a shit. Or our inability to generate a running game without running Sam. Or the general inability of our WRs to get separation. Or our continual insistence of playing Brewer even though he can't get open and can't block. We also refuse to use tempo even when its the only time our offense clicks.

Edited by Schulz2.0

He scored six touchdowns today.
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Probably has something to do with the OL being incapable of pass blocking worth a shit. Or our inability to generate a running game without running Sam. Or the general inability of our WRs to get separation. Or our continual insistence of playing Brewer even though he can't get open and can't block. We also refuse to use tempo even when its the only time our offense clicks.

Sam is also missing blitzes and failing to check into the right plays. Then he’s failing to get the ball out and taking unnecessary sacks. He’s making the wrong run reads repeatedly and that’s costly in this scheme. He’s also missing wide open Brewer and other receivers. Sorry. It just is what it is. He didn’t need to score six TDS if he plays better early.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

40 minutes ago, TXK said:

Sam has been perhaps the worst individual player on the field for Texas for two weeks now. Maybe he’s injured or more to the story. I don’t know. I just know he’s made maybe a couple dozen bad run reads, wrong reads in the passing game and poor throws.

He scored 100% of our touchdowns and gained 93% of our offensive yards despite our awful OL. Feel free to name anyone else on our offense who did anything worth mentioning.

spacer.png

40 minutes ago, TXK said:

He stands out for his mistakes more than anyone.

Angilau, Jones, Ingram, Kerstetter, Bujcevski, and Eagles have all stood out for their mistakes far more.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Well, let me educate you.

Nobody is going to follow Capt White Privilege. Especially if he comes in thinking that he gets to be a leader just by virtue of being a rich white kid who is the QB.

You have to earn a leadership role. And some of us have the skins in the wall and have earned that leadership position. But it has to be earned. And Sam hasn’t earned it.

We are not deaf. We all hear the stories that the team hates him. And does any of that sound false? Does the play of the field belie that?

The evidence available is that Sam has failed as a leader.

And let’s contrast that with another Westlake guy. Brees said something horribly insensitive. But he was called on it and quickly walked it back. He’s a leader.

Sam puts himself on the opposite side of his teammates. That’s a Capt. Sobel move.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What stories? Please “educate” us.

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He scored 100% of our touchdowns and gained 93% of our offensive yards despite our awful OL. Feel free to name anyone else on our offense who did anything worth mentioning.

spacer.png

Angilau, Jones, Ingram, Kerstetter, Bujcevski, and Eagles have all stood out for their mistakes far more.

He rushed it 23 times?    Geezus.  Can we give the running backs a shot?

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Nobody is going to follow Capt White Privilege. Especially if he comes in thinking that he gets to be a leader just by virtue of being a rich white kid who is the QB.

You have to earn a leadership role. And some of us have the skins in the wall and have earned that leadership position. But it has to be earned. And Sam hasn’t earned it.

We are not deaf. We all hear the stories that the team hates him. And does any of that sound false? Does the play of the field belie that?

And let’s contrast that with another Westlake guy. Brees said something horribly insensitive. But he was called on it and quickly walked it back. He’s a leader.

Sam puts himself on the opposite side of his teammates. That’s a Capt. Sobel move.

None of this is true.  Respect it is your opinion but not based on fact.

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

spacer.png

Not true. For one thing, Sam touches the ball in every play. His work matters more. I’d rather my team win than lose but this is a thread about the qb and he just hasn’t been effective. Even on his connections, he’s often been late. I don’t know why or what’s going on. Maybe lack of confidence in his receivers? Too cautious? But you can see with your own eyes that he’s late with balls OFTEN even on completions. 

And he runs the RB into tackles with the wrong read often. I’m sometimes they’re thinking WTF? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

This is wrong. At least the first sentence.

76 touches. 2 turnovers. This week. Easily his worst game throwing. There are two other players who killed drives on minimal chances. No doubt some of his touches are all his doing. The first turnover - his WR could have helped out in not letting that happen and actually it's on them to do their damndest to make sure it doesn't happen. On the 2nd, keep in mind it was 2nd and goal from the 19. Physically and mentally that many touches is too much to expect for anyone..

Last week. No way, no how was he the worst. He throws for over 400 if his guys make a few catches and avoid some penalties. His only int last week was a miscommunication.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

This is an amazingly bad take.  Every.Single.Word.  

But what I'm really interested in is having you regale us with the tales of your leadership abilities.  Please, tell us the stories of the skins on your wall.    

• Hook 'Em 6

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

This is wrong. At least the first sentence.

76 touches. 2 turnovers. This week. Easily his worst game throwing. There are two other players who killed drives on minimal chances. No doubt some of his touches are all his doing. The first turnover - his WR could have helped out in not letting that happen and actually it's on them to do their damndest to make sure it doesn't happen. On the 2nd, keep in mind it was 2nd and goal from the 19. Physically and mentally that many touches is too much to expect for anyone..

Last week. No way, no how was he the worst. He throws for over 400 if his guys make a few catches and avoid some penalties. His only int last week was a miscommunication.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

We ask Sam to do too much. He’s not great but he’s also not the problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

Maybe the team decided that the Eyes were racist

9 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Actually, I'm not sure there's any evidence of that at all.  With the possible exception of yesterday.

In fact, when he and Buechele were competing for the starting spot, there was more or less a consensus that Ehlinger brought a spark of leadership that Shane couldn't muster.  I believe it was bandied about that "players love him," by the press and coaches, rather than just message board posters.

There seems to be more evidence of other skill players being prima donna bitches than Sam having lost the thread.

The "stories" about the team hating Sam are nothing but message board speculation.

The credible evidence suggests otherwise.  But I guess no one really knows.

I'm not a huge Sam fanboi.  I respect his effort tremendously and he's been a vast improvement over his predecessors of nearly a decade.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

you are such an insufferable cunt 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

Maybe the team decided that the Eyes were racist

Probably not since they didn't let sam just stand there by himself last week or the week before you know...logic and such. 

This wasn't a "the team didn't sing the eyes wahhhhhh" this is a " Sam was entirely abandoned by the team while he was representing then" 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, CBHorn said:

If the rest of the team has a problem with Sam, it's probably because the heart he plays with and love of the university he shows contrasts show sharply with theirs. If everyone played with half the heart Sam does, this team would be 4-0.

Problems solved everyone. Just tell the team to play harder. Telling them that Sam has way more heart than they do would definitely help unite them around him.

Jesus tap dancing Christ you are fucking moron. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Sam was likely out there by himself due to a postgame on-field interview (or some i tjwe obligation) when The Eyes started playing. I seriously doubt that the entire team and coaching staff all went into the locker room after the game while Sam just stood out there by himself waiting for The Eyes because he's just such a perfect guy who loves the University so much. 

Edited by shadow_operative

9 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

Sam was likely out there by himself due to a postgame on-field interview (or some i tjwe obligation) when The Eyes started playing. I seriously doubt that the entire team and coaching staff all went into the locker room after the game while Sam just stood out there by himself waiting for The Eyes because he's just such a perfect guy who loves the University so much. 

lol, no. He stayed specifically for the eyes, because he loves the university that much. 

Here is a factual recap of the last three games and the ensuing surly reactions:

Sam plays poorly/erratically for 55-57 minutes, often missing wide open receivers by a country mile, holding onto the ball WAY too long while his O line regularly gives him 7 seconds to throw, failing you utilize check downs that could easily help move the chains, and then missing obvious reads on read plays, leading to no gain/loss of yards on what could have been a good play. 

then in the final couple minutes + OT he goes off, padding his stats and his TD totals on the way to a fairly impressive looking box score.

then, despite the fact that your eyeballs just told you that he was not very good for 98% of regulation, with a stat line along the lines of 12-27 for 200 yards through 55 minutes, the same group of Sam Ehlinger zealots angrily storm the thread, posting his box score totals and going full jihad on anyone who says that Sam Ehlinger is anything less than a demigod who is being sabotaged by everyone around him. Complete refusal to engage in any sort of adult discussion, opting instead for blind, fanatical, and frankly combative love and support for the guy. (gee, feels like i've seen that somewhere else lately)

That shit ^*^ is fucking pathetic and embarrassing. You know what my least favorite thing about Sam Ehlinger is? His cultists. Sam has often been compared to Tim Tebow, and much like Tebow, it's the completely unnecessary and baseless slurping/worshipping of this guy that starts making me dislike him. It's not anything that he himself does- he busts his ass and he tries his best, obvious imperfections and all. I got love for the guy because of that. It's these people who aggressively Stan him so hard that grind my gears, much more than anything that Sam himself does. You Sam Stans are honestly fucking bat shit crazy lunatics who need Sam to move on from this program for your own mental health, and i say that with 100% sincerity. Christ this cult like following he has is disturbing, and i've honestly  seen anything like it before at Texas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

lol, no. He stayed specifically for the eyes, because he loves the university that much. 

so you actually believe that the entire team and coaching staff all went in together, and Sam, alone, just decided to stay specifically for The Eyes. that doesn't even make any sense. that move would *clearly* cause problems within our team, and is not a move that our coaches would be ok with. look at what is already happening- tons of people like you are shitting all over the entire rest of the team while exalting Sam as some kind of hero. is that what our coaches/players would want? hell no.

it's much more likely that Sam, the star QB who led the comeback, was still out there due to post games obligations, and not because he "loves his university so much." creating a schism in your locker room and a narrative that you care more than everyone else is not a move that helps Sam's program, team, or the university that he loves so much. 

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Here is a factual recap of the last three games and the ensuing surly reactions:

Sam plays poorly/erratically for 55-57 minutes, often missing wide open receivers by a country mile, holding onto the ball WAY too long while his O line regularly gives him 7 seconds to throw, failing you utilize check downs that could easily help move the chains, and then missing obvious reads on read plays, leading to no gain/loss of yards on what could have been a good play. 

then in the final couple minutes + OT he goes off, padding his stats and his TD totals on the way to a fairly impressive looking box score.

then, despite the fact that your eyeballs just told you that he was not very good for 98% of regulation, with a stat line along the lines of 12-27 for 200 yards through 55 minutes, the same group of Sam Ehlinger zealots angrily storm the thread, posting his box score totals and going full jihad on anyone who says that Sam Ehlinger is anything less than a demigod who is being sabotaged by everyone around him. Complete refusal to engage in any sort of adult discussion, opting instead for blind, fanatical, and frankly combative love and support for the guy. (gee, feels like i've seen that somewhere else lately)

That shit ^*^ is fucking pathetic and embarrassing. You know what my least favorite thing about Sam Ehlinger is? His cultists. Sam has often been compared to Tim Tebow, and much like Tebow, it's the completely unnecessary and baseless slurping/worshipping of this guy that starts making me dislike him. It's not anything that he himself does- he busts his ass and he tries his best, obvious imperfections and all. I got love for the guy because of that. It's these people who aggressively Stan him so hard that grind my gears, much more than anything that Sam himself does. You Sam Stans are honestly fucking bat shit crazy lunatics who need Sam to move on from this program for your own mental health, and i say that with 100% sincerity. Christ this cult like following he has is disturbing, and i've honestly  seen anything like it before at Texas. 

Says the Rick Barnes cultist. 

Edited by Deej
  • Haha 1