Game Atmosphere

blacklab

game day atmosphere was pretty good. The LSU game is going to be insane.

My only complaint is getting in the stadium. I know the south endzone construction is a logistical problem , but it was a clusterfuck at Gate 7. I am hoping they will find a way to tweek things next week. DKR is going to be at maximum capacity.

1 minute ago, yoladu said:

game day atmosphere was pretty good. The LSU game is going to be insane.

My only complaint is getting in the stadium. I know the south endzone construction is a logistical problem , but it was a clusterfuck at Gate 7. I am hoping they will find a way to tweek things next week. DKR is going to be at maximum capacity.

I entered the stadium really early so had no problem, but not too surprising that without large capacity gates 1 and 32 in operation there are going to be big bottlenecks getting into the stadium.

I would imagine if you walk around enough you could find a different gate with shorter waits or less of a bottleneck/clusterfuck.  But most people won't really look around very long and will simply go with the crowd, go to the first gate they see, and cause huge crowds at certain gates.

49 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

This person was complaining that the Hall of Fame took over the concession and sitting area. The HOF was so bad ass and is a great addition.

The Hall Of Fame was amazing.  I wish they had an area with all the bowl trophies like they had all the conference championships, but still it is night and day better than the random food court that was all wasted space.

5 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

We have a winner for biggest idiot 

Sign of the times. My wife said that was her first thought as well the first time it happened. 

And it wasn’t the date game. It was the water gun race that inflated the balloons until they popped game. 

Edited by hornian

9 hours ago, RexWilson said:

This person was complaining that the Hall of Fame took over the concession and sitting area. The HOF was so bad ass and is a great addition.

Fuck you Karen

8 hours ago, Machinator said:

Fight me bitch.  I will happily go to war against anyone who has a bad thing to say about Dont Stop Believing.

Surly has been warned.

I will say the student section was a complete clusterfuck. 

Will have to get fixed quick as it will be dramatically worse next week. 

None of the students knew about the other student seating in corner of NE so they all tried to cram into section 29. 

Was absolute shitshow until 2nd qtr. 

12 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I will say the student section was a complete clusterfuck. 

Will have to get fixed quick as it will be dramatically worse next week. 

None of the students knew about the other student seating in corner of NE so they all tried to cram into section 29. 

Was absolute shitshow until 2nd qtr. 

So?  Student sections are supposed to be a shitshow....unless you want to go back to pure assigned seating.  Cram em in, pump em up, get em all pissed off.  

And I'm going to go with people not knowing about something being people's fault in this day and age...

Unfortunately...Bob Cole is alive and (un)well, growling and grrrrrrrrrring and being a fucking buffoon. Game day atmosphere will always be less than 100% as long as this assclown has access to a microphoy

Cole’s apparent exuberance at LaTech first downs was baffling. Maybe it’s just a weird “I’m Ron Burgundy?” intonation thing, but it was annoying.

I don’t think there was a single series where he didn’t incorrectly call down and distance at least once.
  • Like 1

So?  Student sections are supposed to be a shitshow....unless you want to go back to pure assigned seating.  Cram em in, pump em up, get em all pissed off.  
And I'm going to go with people not knowing about something being people's fault in this day and age...

That’s all well and good, but section 29 isn’t student seating. It’s reserved, so ticket holders had to run hundreds of students out of their seats, which clogged the aisles and caused a huge, hazardous clusterfuck.

I love the LHB, I really do.  But they don't have to play something after every single down.  And it's kind of bush league when they play a riff, and then hold the last note for 20 seconds, as if to disrupt the opposing offense. 

I'll go yell at clouds now if I need to.

• Like 2