Game Atmosphere

blacklab

7 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

You stayed and counted the empties? Shitty troll right?

Not that hard. Did it for the USC game

Exactly.  Especially considering he did his contrabanding in 1996 when "security" was a lot more lax.

Believe as you please, this is nowhere near the only trailer park issue in Sec. 6 row 59. I have no way of knowing (and neither do you) of what is representative of a majority of fans. Yes, I'm older than you at 59 and been in that area since I was 10 so I do have a longer perspective. And, as stated in a previous post I stayed until the (bitter) end and yes as we waited to get out of the row I looked at this big pile of cans and wondered just exactly how many there was. Funny how defensive some are about this number of cans issue. If you like getting drunk, by all means, do so. Just accept the consequences.

We’re in section 6 about 15 rows down from where you say you were. We’ve been there for one year longer than you say you were. My two high school kids have been sitting there since they could walk and I can’t recall a single instance where I felt uncomfortable having them there. I think over all it’s a pretty good section. I do miss the old days when it was mostly the same people year after year. Now it’s mostly transients, not only from year to year but game to game. The old day camaraderie was nice.

• Like 1

We’re in section 6 about 15 rows down from where you say you were. We’ve been there for one year longer than you say you were. My two high school kids have been sitting there since they could walk and I can’t recall a single instance where I felt uncomfortable having them there. I think over all it’s a pretty good section. I do miss the old days when it was mostly the same people year after year. Now it’s mostly transients, not only from year to year but game to game. The old day camaraderie was nice.

Agree. We've had the same row in front of us for 20 yrs but last 10 yrs the left, right and behind has changed like crazy. But I haven't had to count or don't think anyone counted my cans.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/6/2019 at 12:30 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

I can’t be bothered with all the back and forth, can someone tell me if I am a good fan or a bad fan? Judging criteria:

I go to all home games and the tx ou game.
I am loud as fuck, talk shit about the opposing team, coaches, fans and their children.
I stand up when shit is getting real (red zone, big play, 3rd/4th down stands, etc).
I sit down periodically at other times whether it’s a commercial or not.

Internet people, please validate my fan quality status.

You oscillate between both. 

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

I figured this was the best place for this picture. Would be awesome at a tailgate. Located at Duke's in mt Vernon texas:

(The smoke exits through the nose. Pretty cool)fdbf6ab28e42fb8c621fe3b8686152fa.jpg

How does that compare to Herb Hand's longhorn grill behemoth?

6 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Still pissed I got yelled at by a lady for saying god damnit at the sugar bowl. Fuck you olds

Yeah, all those folks that were contributing members of society while you were craping in your diapers, no reason to show them any respect or have any class. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Yeah, all those folks that were contributing members of society while you were craping in your diapers, no reason to show them any respect or have any class. 

Spoiler alert dummy, Armybrat predates the invention of the diaper.  

17 minutes ago, 927 E. 41st said:

Sounds like the old lady was the one not showing respect. 

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

Sounds like the old lady was the one not showing respect

Not being sarcastic here, but you really lost me on that one. 

Sarcasm back on, we all know how much better a game is with everyone screaming profanities. What was she thinking?

• Fuck You 1

I dunno man, I'd apologize for the GD word. We don't even like typing it out here, opting for Gotdammit.

Aside, twice I've been asked to take off my cowboy hat. Obliged once when the request was polite, said fuck you the time it was not, esp. since that was two rows back. Bitch called the usher who declined to do anything.

What say the shag on stowing my cowboy hat?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GringoSalado said:

I dunno man, I'd apologize for the GD word. We don't even like typing it out here, opting for Gotdammit.

Aside, twice I've been asked to take off my cowboy hat. Obliged once when the request was polite, said fuck you the time it was not, esp. since that was two rows back. Bitch called the usher who declined to do anything.

Ahahaha telling a guy to take a cowboy hat off at a Texas football game. Ahahahahahahaha. Go cheer for Michigan or something.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GringoSalado said:

Do you work cattle at any time during the calendar year? If not then why do you own one?

Edited by Luka Skywalker
  • Like 1

Do you work cattle at any time during the calendar year? If not then why do you own one?
I wear a cowboy hat when I am on my tractor to keep the sun off my face and neck.

Are there unwritten rules on cowboy hats I am unaware of? Do explain because your reasoning of wearing a cowboy hat is nothing short of retarded.
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I wear a cowboy hat when I am on my tractor to keep the sun off my face and neck.

Are there unwritten rules on cowboy hats I am unaware of? Do explain because your reasoning of wearing a cowboy hat is nothing short of retarded.

One of the best cowboys I used to hire for day work did not own boots or a hat. Nike high tops and a trucker hat, but the dude was always well mounted, and never missed with his rope.

There is no dress code at the roundup.

7 hours ago, markstanco said:

Tractor exception applies here. Any ranch or farm related activity is given a pass.

1 hour ago, mr. sunshine said:

I got a huge straw cowboy hat at HEB for a whopping $20 that can be worn in the pool, lake and river plus while mowing or bush hogging. I haven’t ridden a horse since I was a little kid. Fuck the hat police 

Perfect example of trying to act country. 

On 7/13/2019 at 10:47 PM, GringoSalado said:

I own several baseball caps, haven't played the game in 20 years. Would you like to confiscate those?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I wear my personal umbrella hat. Obstructing views of others and perpetual shade on my face/neck!!!

On 7/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, GringoSalado said:

I don't know, you'll have to go over to the shag to find out I guess.lol

On 7/14/2019 at 12:21 AM, markstanco said:

Yep, cowboy hat guy here. Born in the "Birthplace of The Cowboy", worked cattle from the time I was a kid although not for many many years now.

Was told 6-8 years ago to wear one all the time as the sun had not been kind over the years.  Today found out I have basal cell carcinoma.  I'll proudly continue to wear my hat from now on.

Edited by SHOOTER12