Difference makers. Who are they?

Slacks

Who are the (positive) difference makers on our team?

Who would start for every team in the conference (or compete for time in the case of all-conference guys being ahead of them)?

Ingram, LJH, Johnson (maybe), Vahe (maybe)

Roach (at DE), Sterns, Boyd, Foster (maybe)

Anybody else?

But I still think we have enough talent to be better than what we have been... I think there are some guys who should be better... obviously.

Just now, ousux said:

You guys that listed Johnson, which one? Both Collin and Gary have a chance to make their mark, so far this year they've both just been ok..

Top row seems to be offense, so Collin.

He just doesn't seem to be much of a football player, or hasn't been taught to be one.

2 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’m not seeing it with Roach and Boyd.  Boyd is a liability as often as he is a difference maker.  Roach just doesn’t have the length or quicks.  

Pretty sad when you get real with this list. 

Roach is playing out of position and WTF at the Boyd comment. He's been making NFL plays anytime someone's tested his side. 

Every team needs a difference maker to lift the entire team on both sides of the ball. Right now, none have really emerged on offense. Defense, there are 3 candidates. Gary, B. Jones, and Sterns (yes, a true freshman). If Ingram can get the majority of touches, and the coaches let the offense flow through him with some bullish runs by Sam, we can be decent. Failing that...we will continue to look like football fucking monkeys. Losing Ingram to injury right now is just the worst. So fucking annoying. 

16 minutes ago, Sejjr said:

Every team needs a difference maker to lift the entire team on both sides of the ball. Right now, none have really emerged on offense. Defense, there are 3 candidates. Gary, B. Jones, and Sterns (yes, a true freshman). If Ingram can get the majority of touches, and the coaches let the offense flow through him with some bullish runs by Sam, we can be decent. Failing that...we will continue to look like football fucking monkeys. Losing Ingram to injury right now is just the worst. So fucking annoying. 

Agree.....

Watch Cosmi, cause he had a great game run blocking versus Tulsa

Don't forget Foster, that was one of the most athletic interceptions I've seen at any level..

11 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Everyone was calling Jones a bust after 2 seasons and Boyd after 1, almost like being a junior matters

Old tradition on these boards going back their creation. Every single DB at DBU has been flayed alive, written off as busts, with posters questioning why Mack / Charlie / Herman ever gave scholarships to underclassmen Huff / the Griffins / Ross / Vaccaro / everyone not named Earl Thomas (the only exception).  

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Old tradition on these boards going back their creation. Every single DB at DBU has been flayed alive, written off as busts, with posters questioning why Mack / Charlie / Herman ever gave scholarships to underclassmen Huff / the Griffins / Ross / Vaccaro / everyone not named Earl Thomas (the only exception).  

Sad but true. 

LJH, Boyd, Roach (he is being woefully underutilized and I feel like Orlando is getting a pass), are the three guys I think could see the field damn near anywhere. I bet a Saban or a Patterson would love to have those guys. A few iffy guys after that. Jury out on Jones, C and G Johnson. Chris Nelson is solid but not spectacular.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

Top row seems to be offense, so Collin.

He just doesn't seem to be much of a football player, or hasn't been taught to be one.

CJ will get drafted in round 3 or 4 and become a top 10 receiver in the NFL within 3 years.  The NFL pundits will be shocked he’s that good and wonder why he wasn’t dominant at Texas.

• Like 2