Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

If Cruz (extremely unlikable) can beat Beto (extremely likeable), Cornyn ain't losing. Not in 2020 anyways.  I like the Castro brothers though.

Cornyn is actually a solid Senator when it comes to blocking and tackling. He will win re-election.

1 minute ago, thepop said:

If Cruz (extremely unlikable) can beat Beto (extremely likeable), Cornyn ain't losing. Not in 2020 anyways.  I like the Castro brothers though.

A strong campaign against Cornyn isn't just about winning that year.   It will be continuing what Beto started and perhaps engage most hispanic voters.  It still may not full pay off for several election cycles.

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I would like to see the whole white women divided by college educated by less than a college degree, becuase this college educated white woman with two Master's degrees (with degrees in Accounting, Finance, and Economics) went all in on Beto.  

heres that breakdown:  https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/exit-polls/texas/senate

1 minute ago, thepop said:

I think they should try to capitalize now on whatever foundation Beto built here. They'll engage much more of the latino population and by then Trump will be persona non grata once all the dirt comes out from Mueller and the House investigations. 

10 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Why would anyone vote for someone they don’t support?

Because they have shit to choose from and still want to vote.

If there's a plate of liver and onions with a side of green bean casserole; I might really like a plate of fried chicken, but I'm hungry and green bean casserole beats the dogshit out of liver and onions.

2 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

I think they should try to capitalize now on whatever foundation Beto built here. They'll engage much more of the latino population and by then Trump will be persona non grata once all the dirt comes out from Mueller and the House investigations. 

Yeah. That is a great strategy.  

6 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

I would like to see the whole white women divided by college educated by less than a college degree, becuase this college educated white woman with two Master's degrees (with degrees in Accounting, Finance, and Economics) went all in on Beto.  

That's good for you. Still, white women as a whole are problematic and a disappointment. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The caravan seemed to be a big motivator for non college educated waitresses who are now moms I used to bang, judging from the posts they shared on facebook. They also really love cops

1 minute ago, JimmyJames said:

Even though the republicans got wiped out in the house tonight, the sack is celebrating the victory anyway with a bottle of Johnny walker and a video of a rat fucking gangbang he recently recorded by video.

I know it’s strange. Dont ask me. Ask the sack.

You realize what thread you are posting on?

Question to the Dems; why the assumption that  Hispanic votes are so blue?  60 and 66% is good but well short of damning. If even 5% of that is lost to the Red, say I don’t know, on an issue such as abortion/religion, you would be further fucked (in Texas).  Why not more emphasis on getting the AA vote #’s up, which are slam dunk Blue? 

Beto's concession speech is tough to watch. More genuine emotion as well as composure and class than Cruz has ever shown.

He certainly has the machinery to run it back against Cornyn. Hadn't really considered that. I will be watching, that is for sure.

12 minutes ago, achooloco said:

oh no, wishing death on a poster, where all the snowflakes? fucking hypocrite republicans..enjoy, but history will judge your accurately...

You mean history will note that we still win with one of the most unpopular Presidents  when the expectation was that there was going to be a blue wave. The GOP will always have a strong base of support with people who do well financially and want to keep more of what they make. Once Trump leaves, we will go back to a less divisive style but still give the base the red meat they desire.

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Question to the Dems; why the assumption that  Hispanic votes are so blue?  60 and 66% is good but well short of damning. If even 5% of that is lost to the Red, say I don’t know, on an issue such as abortion/religion, you would be further fucked (in Texas).  Why not more emphasis on getting the AA vote #’s up, which are slam dunk Blue? 

Can you think of any reason at all that Democrats might not be currently worried about losing Latino votes to Republicans? Any at all?

So you’re one person. Big fucking deal. My wife matches your cred and cancels you out.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Black voters in Texas already vote in numbers equal to their proportion of the population. Hispanic voters don't. The untapped potential is much greater in the latter.