Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

Interesting that several Trump-won counties went Beto:  Tarrant, Williamson.   Travis, Harris, Fort bend, and Dallas went further blue this year.

HIllary won 43% of the Texas vote and Beto is at 48%.   That's a major shift in 24 months.   Could Texas revert back right in 2020?  Sure but the future of 2022, 24, 26, whatever is becoming more of a reality.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

You mean history will note that we still win with one of the most unpopular Presidents  when the expectation was that there was going to be a blue wave. The GOP will always have a strong base of support with people who do well financially and want to keep more of what they make. Once Trump leaves, we will go back to a less divisive style but still give the base the red meat they desire.

ahuh...pig fucker chimes in, how appropriate. but ..how did you win the house? you favor economic policies over morality, cool. but don't forget you'd shoot kids..coward. god bless your heart!

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interesting that several Trump-won counties went Beto:  Tarrant, Williamson.   Travis, Harris, Fort bend, and Dallas went further blue this year.

HIllary won 43% of the Texas vote and Beto is at 48%.   That's a major shift in 24 months.   Could Texas revert back right in 2020?  Sure but the future of 2022, 24, 26, whatever is becoming more of a reality.

I think as Texas becomes more diverse, which it is, it goes more left.  Trump has been a massive liability to the GOP.  That needs to fucking change.  Economically, historically, I have aligned more with the GOP.  But because the GOP has completely abandoned its small govt, fiscal responsibility stance, I said fuck it.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

That's good for you. Still, white women as a whole are problematic and a disappointment. 

Haha, so white people are the worst is your go to, I wonder why white people don't like democrats.

Hahaha, don't go "oh poor white people" and be astonished that you lost the majority of white people. 

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Can you think of any reason at all that Democrats might not be currently worried about losing Latino votes to Republicans? Any at all?

Well, most of the Hispanics I know don’t give a fuck about an illegal, unless they missed that spot in the yard again. But I’d guess that’s it?  Their kin from another country that doesn’t want to put in the time to come here legitimately defines their politics?  Seems ignorant af but whatever.  I was asking a serious question, thanks for the smart ass reply.   Oh yeah, those same Hispanics put their Catholic values pretty far ahead of cheap labor, but I’m obviously not a pollster. 

8 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

So, predictions on what Beto does next?

After taking a two week nap of course.

Form an exploratory committee and start memorizing Iowa and New Hampshire geography?

Plan to challenge Cornyn?

Take the a big money job on K Street?

Sign on with MSNBC?

He's the vice president on the 2020 Democratic ticket.

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

Well, most of the Hispanics I know don’t give a fuck about an illegal, unless they missed that spot in the yard again. But I’d guess that’s it?  Their kin from another country that doesn’t want to put in the time to come here legitimately defines their politics?  Seems ignorant af but whatever.  I was asking a serious question, thanks for the smart ass reply.   Oh yeah, those same Hispanics put their Catholic values pretty far ahead of cheap labor, but I’m obviously not a pollster. 

Speaking of ignorant, you realize that the caravan shows up and applies for asylum, right? You know, putting in a bunch of time to go about the legitimate way to come here.

You were saying?

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Black voters in Texas already vote in numbers equal to their proportion of the population. Hispanic voters don't. The untapped potential is much greater in the latter.

True.  And 2nd/3rd/4th gen Hispanic voters are way more even in their voting trends than any Democrat wishes to admit.   Many of them are multi-gen business owners who had parents that came here and became citizens.   They despise illegal immigrants as much or more than the most ardent right wingers.  

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Speaking of ignorant, you realize that the caravan shows up and applies for asylum, right? You know, putting in a bunch of time to go about the legitimate way to come here.

You were saying?

Yeah, too bad “my country sucks, I’d like to come bum in yours” isn’t a good enough excuse.  Catch the first thing smoking back amigo, safe travels.  

2 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

You should be worried boomers are on borrowed time and that 18-39 bracket is largest generation since boomers. As they grow older the turnout will continue to increase.

Man. None of those people will change votes once they start having to pay more in taxes.  

Like the boomers did when they went from 60s hippies to Reagan’s army. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Dallas, Tarrant and Collin Counties have had floods of out of staters move in from CA, NY, PA and other areas in the past 4 years, but especially the past 2 

5 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

Haha, so white people are the worst is your go to, I wonder why white people don't like democrats.

Hahaha, don't go "oh poor white people" and be astonished that you lost the majority of white people. 

Easy there, bro. You will be labeled a racist on this board

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

True.  And 2nd/3rd/4th gen Hispanic voters are way more even in their voting trends than any Democrat wishes to admit.   Many of them are multi-gen business owners who had parents that came here and became citizens.   They despise illegal immigrants as much or more than the most ardent right wingers.  

This is very, very true.  And I get that argument.  However, I am still a strong believer that anyone who wants to come here and work hard has a place here.  That is definitely a stance that is diametrically opposed to the current GOP stance.

Just now, fattyflattie said:

Yeah, too bad “my country sucks, I’d like to come bum in yours” isn’t a good enough excuse.  Catch the first thing smoking back amigo, safe travels.  

No, that's not what the applications say. You're going to have to try harder, put a little thought into your arguments, and bring something reasonable to the conversation. There are valid reasons to oppose asylum for these people, but so far you haven't hit on any of them.

Keep trying, you might get there yet.

Man. None of those people will change votes once they start having to pay more in taxes.  

LUL that’s age bracket is getting fucked by boomers so I don’t think that theory will hold up especially considering the information out there.

7 minutes ago, Bevo VIII said:

ba738d70adf440fefb4e7a65e08d79ea.jpg

There it is.

I think the education split is a proxy for evangelical support, as most of them are non-college whites. GOP is in the process of concentrating their support within that group as they shed some college educated whites.  When it comes down to energizing voters by appeals to racism or “fiscal responsibility,” they know where their bread is really buttered. 

Hispanic voters are much like you describe. But when middle aged and old white people are the only demographic republicans own you go where the votes might be. Hispanics could swing 60/40 and that’s enough to change the game if you can get them out.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

No, that's not what the applications say. You're going to have to try harder, put a little thought into your arguments, and bring something reasonable to the conversation. There are valid reasons to oppose asylum for these people, but so far you haven't hit on any of them.

Keep trying, you might get there yet.

Meh. My vote appears it’ll take care of it. 

Why do none of these national commentators know how to pronounce Beto. 

wypipo

Honestly, I was pronouncing it incorrectly until I heard him say it.

Not growing up or living in an area with a sizable Latino population you probably never heard of the nickname Beto before this campaign.

I hadn’t.

Now that’s just regular people. At this point after all the national publicity Beto has gotten there’s no excuse for media folks - especially ones on air on fucking election night- to get it wrong.

But still, wypipo.

Just now, Bama Chick said:

wypipo

Honestly, I was pronouncing it incorrectly until I heard him say it.

Not growing up or living in an area with a sizable Latino population you probably never heard of the nickname Beto before this campaign.

I hadn’t.

Now that’s just regular people. At this point after all the national publicity Beto has gotten there’s no excuse for media folks - especially ones on air on fucking election by - to get it wrong.

But still, wypipo.

Some brown people fucking it up too. 

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

This is very, very true.  And I get that argument.  However, I am still a strong believer that anyone who wants to come here and work hard has a place here.  That is definitely a stance that is diametrically opposed to the current GOP stance.

I really don’t think it is tbh.  Most GOP folks want people to be documented and accounted for in the proper manor.  I fully support people being able to come here, but go through the channels.   My ancestors did.   It’s not racist or heartless to ask for documentation.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Dallas, Tarrant and Collin Counties have had floods of out of staters move in from CA, NY, PA and other areas in the past 4 years, but especially the past 2 

Fort Bend is rapidly becoming minority-majority, in particular second and third generation (south) Asians. Lots of jobs and cheap housing. 

I really don’t think it is tbh.  Most GOP folks want people to be documented and accounted for in the proper manor.  I fully support people being able to come here, but go through the channels.   My ancestors did.   It’s not racist or heartless to ask for documentation.   

Well they’re trying to but instead their being detained and families separated as a fear tactic to prevent that.

Just now, Trey3216 said:

My people swam across the river. Some of them had papers. But we also don’t live in the early 19th century anymore. 

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That’s not how it works. Party identification is fairly sticky. 

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

So like going to a port of entry and seeking asylum?

7 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

It is. Your base is sterile, old, and dying. 

race-age.png

That's a lot of white Cruz voters at 18-29. I see that getting much more conservative as they age.

Also hot damn, that's a lot of blue, republicans need to try to go into their communities and show a better example than what's portrayed in the media. They need to openly talk to those communities, but also not give up their principles. Democrats use compassion, the Republicans should try to too.

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Then make the process easier.  It is not easy as it stands. It is actully a mess.

1 minute ago, Ted Lange said:

So like going to a port of entry and seeking asylum?

So like applying for asylum and then making a journey.  Or requesting a visa and then coming.  Or coming here, working, and documenting yourself daily (Lot Of that on the border).  

Why is it a must that our country should have the most slack-jawed immigration laws on earth?   It’s not an absolute chore to get in this country