Superbowl Halftime - Maroon 5

Zavala

3 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Why would you two not know a Maroon 5 song, but know a Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Beyoncé, and Black Eyed Peas song.

I couldn't name one song any of those people sing but I would recognize them if I saw them except Coldplay, I don't know who/what that is.

37 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I couldn't name one song any of those people sing but I would recognize them if I saw them except Coldplay, I don't know who/what that is.

Not knowing who Coldplay is doesn't make you cool it just sounds like you live under a rock. 

Lady Gaga, Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Beyoncé, and Black Eyed Peas song.

All of these people/bands have good songs. 

36 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Plenty of people can claim not knowing any Maroon 5 songs.  It's top 40 crap, and as long as you don't have kids all that can be easily avoided.  The claim was this was the first superbowl that they wouldn't know a song of the artist.  This entire decade has been nothing but top 40 crap halftime performances.  If you know Timberlake, Beyoncé, BEP, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry (all recent SB performers) songs then you know Maroon 5 as they all share the same airwaves.

9 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Plenty of people can claim not knowing any Maroon 5 songs.  It's top 40 crap, and as long as you don't have kids all that can be easily avoided.  The claim was this was the first superbowl that they wouldn't know a song of the artist.  This entire decade has been nothing but top 40 crap halftime performances.  If you know Timberlake, Beyoncé, BEP, Lady Gaga, and Katy Perry (all recent SB performers) songs then you know Maroon 5 as they all share the same airwaves.

Timberlake did "My Dick In A Box". Right?

18 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Have to laugh at Atlanta artists upset that one of them wasn't asked to perform.   The NFL doesn't care where the game is being played in terms of inviting a local artist.  

I bet Andre 3000 makes an appearance and sings Hey Yah.

26 minutes ago, ajax said:

I bet Andre 3000 makes an appearance and sings Hey Yah.

Fuck yeh! Im old as fuck, but I enjoyed the hell out of seeing that shit performed live years ago in a shitty club off of Lawrenceville highway. Along with Roses,  as I had a bitch sister in law at the time named Caroline (bitch)....

I also can’t fucking stand fake music snobs. Especially lying fuckers who talk down an artist to their friends like they are Lester Bangs. And then you discover they have the entire Neil Diamond catalog on their fucking phone tagged as “special songs for my pussy”....

4 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I'm sure I've heard Maroon 5, I couldn't name a song though, not sure why that gets people's panties in a bunch

A couple of things:

1) I'll own it.  I like Maroon 5.  I crank it up on the earbuds at the gym.  Not usually a pop guy but I like them.  Of course I turn it up when Bryan Adams comes on too so...  I'm old enough to like what I like and not give a shit.

2) That 'Sugar' video makes me angry at women.  So selfish and wasteful spending all of that $ on their stupid fucking weddings so they can be all "Look at me! Look at me!"  Pisses me off.  Go on a destination wedding and have a down payment on a house.  Dumb bitches.

Edited by Scholz

17 minutes ago, Scholz said:

1) I'll own it.  I like Maroon 5.  I crank it up on the earbuds at the gym.  Not usually a pop guy but I like them.  Of course I turn it up when Bryan Adams comes on too so...  I'm old enough to like what I like and not give a shit. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...

Wow, reasons 37, 38, and 39 not to bother watching the game, although it makes perfect sense since those 9 people obviously all hang out regularly in real life.  

Edited by Lobo

On 9/21/2018 at 11:32 PM, Lhorn said:

If you can believe NFL commercials these days some of the most rabid, intelligent NFL fans are women of color and children less than 10. 

Because that is the audience is trying to target....They do not need to run ads with an average male football fan wearing their gear because we all know where to get it. 

46 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Because that is the audience is trying to target....They do not need to run ads with an average male football fan wearing their gear because we all know where to get it. 

So you admit you wear the same garments as women of color and 10 year olds?  

If you really, truly care about the half time show and the band upsets you, please turn in your Man Card.  As far as I am concerned, anybody not called The Marine Corps Silent Drill Team will be considered subpar:

USMC Silent Drill Platoon

By the way, how can a $40,000 a year drill instructor teach this in a year to somebody who never even held a rifle in his life, but a $5 million per year coach must be blessed with  five star recruit "talenet" to get someone who can tackle after playing football for ten years prior?

Edited by Cornfusion
Inserted Link
  • Like 1

On 9/19/2018 at 7:20 PM, El Diablo said:

Same. The old is hitting me hard. But judging from that video that band do suck much dick. 

Do the producers of the SB anticipate a lot of 13 year old girls to be watching? 'Cause that band sounds like what I imagine girls that age are listening to. 

I have a teenage daughter. To them Maroon 5 is "old people music".