Texas vs TCU Game Thread

Vertigo

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Surprisingly even statistical game..... Surprised Texas had more passing yards.

No doubt the 4 turnovers HUGE reason for Longhorns Victory.......

Turnovers are the reason Texas won. Full stop. I am not saying that to discredit the team. Two, the Robinson fumble and the INT straight to Jones, both while TCU was moving the ball well, were critical, more or less unforced mistakes on TCU's part but Texas was able to capitalize, which is what good teams do (and have been doing to Texas for what seems like forever). The two Sterns INTs were really nice plays. Those 4 TOs were probably a 14 point swing, at minimum.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Rewatching TCU game now.  Not sure why the horny toads did not  call more running plays featuring Shawn Robinson...... that dude is big, quick and elusive.  Reminds me of the QBs at ohio state when Herman was OC.

Our D shut everything they did down... except for the deep pass and the qb scramble. Thats literally all they had. Robinson just chunked it up to their WRs all game off his back foot

I cant tell if Cumbie called an awful game (i felt like he did), or if Robinson is kinda shitty (i felt like he is)..... maybe a little of both?

Edited by GreenspointTexas

31 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

I find the idea of a Texas fan talking trash pretty humorous. No way it really happened though. Unless they woke up from a 10 year coma two weeks ago.

Probably woke up wondering how many more natty’s Mack has added and how many Heismans Garrett Gilbert won 

39 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

This sounds very Aggy...

Do Longhorn fans actually use those terms?

Well, I don't know, HuntinHorn, do actual Longhorns ask questions such as:

Do actual Longhorn fans actually use those terms?

You sound a little outside the fold, my friend. And, no, the vast majority of Longhorns seem to welcome non-alum fans. We are the flagship public university, we belong to the state of Texas. I've had great times watching games with such fans.

Aggies got weepy when they lost their large following after the cheating years. They went sour grapes on non-alum fans and think it's the highest insult to a t-sip to label him a t-shirt fan. They always break it out when a Longhorn is getting the better of them.

Monty-Python-and-The-Holy-Grail-monty-py

You're just a t-shirt t-sip!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

This sounds very Aggy...

It's more an aggy thing, as they like to claim that the large nationwide Longhorn fan base consists mostly of "t-shirt fans," i.e., fans who never actually attended the University of Texas.  But aggy likes to gloss over the fact that 90% of the rednecks tooling around East Texas wearing aggy apparel never attended any college, much less at ATM. 

Yes, there are a significant number of Longhorn fans who never attended the University of Texas.  My dad is one of them, as he adopted the Horns when his two sons attended UT.  There are several others who have a family connection, or just simply grew up rooting for the Longhorns but never went to school here.  I don't think it's a bad thing having members of your fan base outside of alumni.  It's why we've been one of the most valuable athletic programs for the past decade or so.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HuntinHorn said:

This sounds very Aggy...

I don't know what to call em, but there was a few of these in front of us during the Tulsa game, two rows ahead. They were obviously not students or alums, and they all were standing on their benches like idiots. They were wearing longhorn shirts but other hats, one guy had a maroon hat on. The people in front of us were scared to tell them anything, so I had to explain to them that only children stand on the benches and they should either be normal or leave. 

What to call sandwich artists that did a year at ACC and are die-hard Texas fans? Hm...

43 minutes ago, South Austin said:

It's more an aggy thing, as they like to claim that the large nationwide Longhorn fan base consists mostly of "t-shirt fans," i.e., fans who never actually attended the University of Texas.  But aggy likes to gloss over the fact that 90% of the rednecks tooling around East Texas wearing aggy apparel never attended any college, much less at ATM. 

Yes, there are a significant number of Longhorn fans who never attended the University of Texas.  My dad is one of them, as he adopted the Horns when his two sons attended UT.  There are several others who have a family connection, or just simply grew up rooting for the Longhorns but never went to school here.  I don't think it's a bad thing having members of your fan base outside of alumni.  It's why we've been one of the most valuable athletic programs for the past decade or so.

Family in the program is defiantly acceptable. 

My family is why I'm also a Florida Gator fan, even though I graduated from Texas. I hope they get a chance to play each other in my lifetime.

55 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Agreed....the more the merrier.  It is an Aggy thing   Limiting fandom to just alumni is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.   It's like Aggy is telling us that it is OK that their school and teams are so unlikable that only alumni should pull for them.   It's their default defense reply when cornered comparing the two or making fun of them and just pathetic.

Could you imagine what the fanbases of Bama, LSU, Arkansas etc.  would be like if only alumni were allowed to take part?   Stadiums would be ghost towns.

19 minutes ago, Zavala said:

I don't know what to call em, but there was a few of these in front of us during the Tulsa game, two rows ahead. They were obviously not students or alums, and they all were standing on their benches like idiots. They were wearing longhorn shirts but other hats, one guy had a maroon hat on. The people in front of us were scared to tell them anything, so I had to explain to them that only children stand on the benches and they should either be normal or leave. 

What to call sandwich artists that did a year at ACC and are die-hard Texas fans? Hm...

I would call them Texas fans for fear of sounding like an Aggy.....but I'm weird like that.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Family in the program is defiantly acceptable. 

My family is why I'm also a Florida Gator fan, even though I graduated from Texas. I hope they get a chance to play each other in my lifetime.

I wonder if those folks standing in front of you on the benches could spell "definitely"...   lulz

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

Agreed....the more the merrier.  It is an Aggy thing   Limiting fandom to just alumni is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.   It's like Aggy is telling us that it is OK that their school and teams are so unlikable that only alumni should pull for them.   It's their default defense reply when cornered comparing the two or making fun of them and just pathetic.

Could you imagine what the fanbases of Bama, LSU, Arkansas etc.  would be like if only alumni were allowed to take part?   Stadiums would be ghost towns.

I am a "t-shirt" fan...Why should my fandom be counted less than someone that became a fan once they went to the school? I have been a fan since I was 5 years old. 

1 minute ago, txbroadcaster said:

I am a "t-shirt" fan...Why should my fandom be counted less than someone that became a fan once they went to the school? I have been a fan since I was 5 years old. 

That's a question you'll have to ask the folks I quoted above.   I'm in the more the merrier club.

Edited by HuntinHorn

1 minute ago, Wally Pryor said:

Was Patterson asked in the presser why he threw in his (sweat drenched) towel late in the game?  Down 15, 4th and 4 about their own 40, around 3 minutes to go, he calls TO and then punts.   That was really, really weird. 

Gotta *squirm* gotta back-up quarterback in there *squirm and look around* so you know I know how to manage games *squirm*. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, I was super confused but also really happy he did that. 

Dude quit because he felt that they couldn't do anything w/ their backup qb and didn't want to get anyone else on the offense hurt. The flipping the field thing is a lie.

Yeah, I was super confused but also really happy he did that. 
Dude quit because he felt that they couldn't do anything w/ their backup qb and didn't want to get anyone else on the offense hurt. The flipping the field thing is a lie.

Didn't want the score to get anymore lopsided and have it be a blow out. That would hurt them come bowl time

once patterson punted, he had to go for the punt block after they stopped us on 3 running plays. blocking a punt for a TD was his only shot at winning that game. he needed a quick score. can't believe he did not even try to block, especially if he watched our previous games and how close people have been coming to our punts.

17 minutes ago, po elvis said:

once patterson punted, he had to go for the punt block after they stopped us on 3 running plays. blocking a punt for a TD was his only shot at winning that game. he needed a quick score. can't believe he did not even try to block, especially if he watched our previous games and how close people have been coming to our punts.

Only explanation is that Patterson did not want us to score again. He had no faith in his defense and basically gave up and punted as opposed to Texas adding more points and embarrassing him.