9.24.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Going for it was the right call, the plays called were not

going for it was not the right call because we are not good at short yardage. if we're good at it then sure go for it. pitching the ball is just a horrendous call. greg davis liked to do that on 4th and short and it never worked.

not sure what Herman has against the wildcat. it seems to be a very effective play on sort yardage and LJH is pretty good at it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, po elvis said:

going for it was not the right call because we are not good at short yardage. if we're good at it then sure go for it. pitching the ball is just a horrendous call. greg davis liked to do that on 4th and short and it never worked.

not sure what Herman has against the wildcat. it seems to be a very effective play on sort yardage and LJH is pretty good at it.

You'll forget by the time it happens later in the season, but LJH gonna throw a huge pass out of the Wildcat at some point. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nick Diaz said:

To be honest, barring injury, I don't want to see Zack Shack snap another ball to the QB this year. OL is starting to gel with Kerstetter playing a natural guard position and Cosmi playing RT, don't need to fuck with it.

Agreed. His low snaps kill the often slower developing run sets. 

6 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Finally, somebody that understands.

Vegas is trying to balance the money, as well as entice more people to gamble. It's marketing.

Exacty.  The line is "high" because we just beat two ranked opponents by double-digits in games that were widely televised and talked about.  People aren't taking K State unless they get a lot of points.

And I think we cover.

Edited by TexArcher
How good does it feel to say that we just beat two ranked opponents by double-digits? Pretty freaking good.
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Daichee Bell said:

To be fair, I don't recall Herman saying that he would still be at center, or that he'd be starting.  That'd be cool to see Shack at backup guard some. Depth.  Can we have some? 

I hope this is plan. He’s never been a plus at center and is injury prone. Have him provide guard relief and maybe you can keep him on the field rest of season. 

2 hours ago, dad said:

Did he at least regret the play call...

LOL, I gotta admit while I am no expert on play calling, this was the one that stunk the most to me. On many other plays I felt they fit with what we should be doing with the players we have and seemed to be worthy of applause. In fact, I've been wondering if Herman was heavily involved in calling plays lately.

7 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Someone made a comment about Texas not having any kind of prop à la "turnover chain" but I could have sown Caden Sterns had a belt or something after one of the interceptions.

I remember something like that too, but I'm too lazy to go look at the game tape for it.

13 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

Someone made a comment about Texas not having any kind of prop à la "turnover chain" but I could have sown Caden Sterns had a belt or something after one of the interceptions.

5 minutes ago, MidTexHorn said:

I remember something like that too, but I'm too lazy to go look at the game tape for it.

I didn't notice it at the time, but here it is.

LOL, I gotta admit while I am no expert on play calling, this was the one that stunk the most to me. On many other plays I felt they fit with what we should be doing with the players we have and seemed to be worthy of applause. In fact, I've been wondering if Herman was heavily involved in calling plays lately.
This. I still don't mind going for it there but a speed sweep with D Young is ?????

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

This. I still don't mind going for it there but a speed sweep with D Young is ?????

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Against a fast defense. If it would have worked it probably would have been a touchdown, but the odds were stacked against it working. Just pick up the first with your fullback/QB. If Sam can't get a yard in short yardage, we are playing the wrong QB.