2019 Transfer & Grad-Transfer Available Players

LTtxfan

4 Virginia Tech players just added to the Transfer Portal......

https://www.si.com/college-football/2019/01/23/josh-jackson-virginia-tech-transfer-portal-eric-kumah-chris-cunningham-sean-daniel-holmon-wiggins

Former Virginia Tech starting quarterback Josh Jackson has reportedly entered the NCAA Transfer Portal as a graduate transfer, accordingto Mike Barber of the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

Jackson was the Hokies starting quarterback as a freshman in 2017. He entered the 2018 season as Virginia Tech's starter before suffering a broken fibula. He was usurped by Kansas transfer Ryan Willis, who enters the 2019 season as the team's starting quarterback.

Jackson became the fourth Hokies player within a 24-hour span to have his intentions to transfer from Virginia Tech become public.

Tight end Chris Cunningham and wide receivers Eric Kumah and Sean Daniel each announced they planned on transferring Tuesday night on Twitter.

Edited by LTtxfan

On 1/22/2019 at 6:17 PM, Machinator said:

On 1/22/2019 at 6:18 PM, texifornia said:

Which program will prove their commitment to Starkelmotion?

Isn't Starkel the one who TURNED DOWN YALE to go to College Station?

I said it at the time (if he's the one) that he was a total fucking idiot for doing that, because being a QB at Yale would change the trajectory of the rest of his life, but sitting on the bench in College Station wouldn't do anything for him.

Maybe he can get into Yale's School of Forestry and play a couple of years... but I don't know if that Forestry Degree will get him in with the same Alumni Network.

Just now, Napoleon said:

I said it at the time (if he's the one) that he was a total fucking idiot for doing that, because being a QB at Yale would change the trajectory of the rest of his life, but sitting on the bench in College Station wouldn't do anything for him.

Maybe he can get into Yale's School of Forestry and play a couple of years... but I don't know if that Forestry Degree will get him in with the same Alumni Network.

Would he be able to transfer any credits from sheep school to Yale? 

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I said it at the time (if he's the one) that he was a total fucking idiot for doing that, because being a QB at Yale would change the trajectory of the rest of his life

Turns out he’s really not that smart. Yale probably has no interest now. 

From his Bio at Rutgers:

2018 (Redshirt Junior): Started 11 games at right guard ... named honorable mention All-Big Ten by the coaches and media (11/28) ... named to the Academic All-Big Ten list (12/5) ... part of an offensive line unit that ranked second in the Big Ten and 19th nationally with only 1.33 sacks permitted per game ... helped the team to over 200 rushing and passing yards in the season opener against Texas State (9/1) ... voted a team captain.

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

From his Bio at Rutgers:

2018 (Redshirt Junior): Started 11 games at right guard ... named honorable mention All-Big Ten by the coaches and media (11/28) ... named to the Academic All-Big Ten list (12/5) ... part of an offensive line unit that ranked second in the Big Ten and 19th nationally with only 1.33 sacks permitted per game ... helped the team to over 200 rushing and passing yards in the season opener against Texas State (9/1) ... voted a team captain.

That’s range type I want.  A 5th year senior with some all conference recognition at a crap school.  He’s probably at least decent. 

16 hours ago, Machinator said:

That link is laughable. It’s meant to push that narrative that Nick Starkel is good enough for Ohio State. He’s not. They interview the 247 Bucknuts mod who says sure, Ohio State would love to add Starkel, but he doesn’t know why he would come to Ohio State because Fields will start in 2019, and didn’t think Starkel would want to be the backup again for two years. 

The article also states Starkel is considering Ohio State, Arizona State, Duke, and SMU per reports. You click on the “per reports” link and it takes you to another 247 article about Starkel, that article states the same sentence but then says “According to Travis L Brown of My Aggie Nation”. Travis L Brown is a reporter for The Eagle paper of college station. He tweets that Nick Starkel told him he’s looking at Ohio State, Duke, Arizona State, SMU. 

Sooo per reports aka Nick Starkel says he’s looking at Ohio State...as a backup. 

13 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

GT can sign my dick. I mean we have these guys who are supposed to "do something" .well fucking go it. quit bringing in guys to bridge the gap. get the guys we have to do the fucking job

WTF are you talking about? We’re looking at like one GT OL and that’s it. You’re acting like we’re going after these other USC WRs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

seriously. can texas let their young dudes have a chance? maybe take one GT. But these undergrads need a chance. I hope they dont sign any before the spring game. let us see what the young guys can do, 

We have Shack, Kerstetter, and Cosmi returning.  Nobody else has had a lot of starting experience.  Getting a GT in this situation is absolutely necessary.  We might have the players to build out a full line, but if we don’t having 1 weak link is better than having 2. It’s not like the job is just going to be handed over to the GT, if they get on campus and Okafor, Angilau, Jones, or Ghirmai is better than the GT they’re going to get the starting spot.  Plus it would be nice to have some depth, we got lucky with injuries this year but there is no guarantee that we get through another season unscathed.  1 GT is a must have, but honestly I’d prefer 2.  Let them know that we have two open spots and 1 JR that’s never started) and a bunch of Freshmen to fill them but we think they can come in and win those spots.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

GT can sign my dick. I mean we have these guys who are supposed to "do something" .well fucking go it. quit bringing in guys to bridge the gap. get the guys we have to do the fucking job

I don’t understand these takes. There is no harm in competition. If these guys are good win the job over the grad transfers. 

This is the type shit that builds complacency. Those guys shouldn’t be guaranteed starting spots. Win the job. 

17 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

seriously. can texas let their young dudes have a chance? maybe take one GT. But these undergrads need a chance. I hope they dont sign any before the spring game. let us see what the young guys can do, 

I expect us to take a grad transfer and/or JUCO on the O-line every year, and we should. O-linemen typically aren't ready for meaningful snaps until their 3rd year in the program, so why take 5 high schoolers every year and end up with 10 guys on scholarship who aren't contributing?  It makes much more sense to take 3-4 and supplement with guys who can play right away. There's also the fact that the O-line is arguably the most difficult position group to evaluate (although this staff seems pretty good at it). With grad transfers/JUCOs, their ceiling may not be as high, but you at least know what you're getting. OU has been doing it for years.

Edited by TXpride