Kelly Bryant to transfer from Clemson - Headed to Mizzou

BigOrange1

On 9/26/2018 at 8:59 PM, campcrunk said:

I think the biggest problem with the QB rotation during Clemson vs. aggy was that it prevented either player from really getting into a groove. As soon as Bryant started looking comfortable, he got swapped out for Lawrence. Lawrence came in and threw an absolutely beautiful bomb for a TD on his first or second snap. Then, Lawrence is able to move the ball a little bit, starting to look comfortable and... he gets yanked and in comes Bryant. My understanding is that part of the reason Clemson was able to get Lawrence on board is because they promised him significant playing time as a freshman.

However, I'm not sure that was the game to do it because it almost really bit them against aggy. And while I don't necessarily disagree with whoever said that Clemson loses to aggy without Bryant, I also think it's hard to tell because neither player ever got a real chance to get into a rhythm until they finally stuck with Bryant towards the end. I do think it's possible that Lawrence could have gotten his sea legs after a couple of series and absolutely lit aggy on fire. BUT, after that first throw, he certainly did start to look overwhelmed - e.g. like a true freshman in his first game on the road. I also think that Bryant's scrambling ability really bailed Clemson out in the face of their OL woes. So, in the end, that statement is probably right.

That said, Lawrence looks like he is going to be special with a few more years of experience. I agree that Clemson's ceiling this year is probably the first round of the playoff, but if Lawrence really starts to get it and they get better OL play, I think they have a chance against anyone.

You make solid points...

• Like 1

On 9/29/2018 at 1:18 PM, ClubWhatever said:

Most coaches would killl for an experienced senior qb who has won a conference championship and played in a playoff game.  Not Dabo.  

Coach Dabo handled this whole situation the exact opposite of what Saban has, and that's why Alabama has won seemingly 5 national championships in a row (feels that way)...

• 2 weeks later...
Coach Dabo handled this whole situation the exact opposite of what Saban has, and that's why Alabama has won seemingly 5 national championships in a row (feels that way)...

Give me a fucking break. If anything, Dabo gave Bryant more of a chance at a starting role than Saban did with Tua/Hurts. He let them play for four or so games to “decide” things.

Bryant is pretty limited in the downfield passing game. He was last year and still was this year. Lawrence is the future and has been better for the majority of the season.

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Give me a fucking break. If anything, Dabo gave Bryant more of a chance at a starting role than Saban did with Tua/Hurts. He let them play for four or so games to “decide” things.

Bryant is pretty limited in the downfield passing game. He was last year and still was this year. Lawrence is the future and has been better for the majority of the season.

You have some reasonable points, either way, Dabo now has to work with what he has at quarterback...

• 1 month later...