Ohio State v Penn State (Rapists v Pederasts)

Parliament

2 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

If there's one play that UT has never been able to run, EVER, it's a screen. I bet our average yards per attempt is like -2 all time on screen plays. 

Yeah that's the thing. Can't just call the plays. Have to work on them and have everyone block properly.

what was worse, Franklin's last play call or the ref stopping play to announce they spotted PSU short on the 3rd down (no review) and  letting OSU substitute when PSU was trying to hurry up?
The playcall easily.

And he burned timeouts too. They couldve ran it...failed miserably but had timeouts to try again if they would've stopped osu

Can’t do anything about the refs making a shit call. 

Franklin chose to take the ball away from what was working and try to get cute and run the guy averaging 2.5 ypc. Put the ball inti mcsorly’s hands and let him pop off a pass if the run isn’t there. 

Franklin was atrocious, but PSU lost because of inexperience on defense imo. Taking crazy angles and blitzes not getting home. The screen to Dobbins from the 4 getting all the way out to the 42 was far worse than any play calling gaffe.

Edited by Bartles
Playcalling

Just want to say how great the play call was OSU inside their own 5 with the running back screen. Really wish we would add that to our playbook especially in that situation.

I’ve been watching UT football intensely since 1977. I don’t think I ever recall seeing us run a real screen pass worth a shit.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, tbone_ said:

I’ve been watching UT football intensely since 1977. I don’t think I ever recall seeing us run a real screen pass worth a shit.

We ran a beautiful middle WR screen against aggy in the Bonfire game. Of course, Jamel Thompson was slow as shit, tackled from behind, and we didn't score a TD.

25 minutes ago, VABuckeye said:

I’ve been watching Ohio State football for a long time and I saw more screens by them in that game than I have in the last twenty years. 

Only thing they could do to open it up, the way the defense was playing them.  Defense didn't adjust, so you gotta stick with what works.

1 hour ago, Vic Mackey said:

Terrible loss by Penn St. Ohio St had absolutely nothing until Penn St fumbled that ball deep in their own territory with 2min left in the 1st half. Ohio St scores there and then to open the half. Penn St had no business losing this game. And what a shit ass playcall from Franklin at the end.

That’s what makes those fucks losing so enjoyable 

Jagoff got angry with a fan who said it was a bad call

https://mobile.twitter.com/psufootball/status/1046272646349033472/video/1
Fan was wrong. Fan didn't know wtf he saw. It was a bread and butter RPO.... the OL blocked it shitastically and tOSU had the right call and perfect execution. Every aspect of the call was covered. McSorely actually looked at the safety during the ride, and the safety was going to be at the bubble about a split second after the ball. The QB keep was covered on both ends. The give was the correct read, but 2 OL touched nobody. Rewatch the play.

I'm sure Franklin was pissed that he lost, and he should have just walked in, but the student coach didn't know shit.

Fan was wrong. Fan didn't know wtf he saw. It was a bread and butter RPO.... the OL blocked it shitastically and tOSU had the right call and perfect execution. Every aspect of the call was covered. McSorely actually looked at the safety during the ride, and the safety was going to be at the bubble about a split second after the ball. The QB keep was covered on both ends. The give was the correct read, but 2 OL touched nobody. Rewatch the play.

I'm sure Franklin was pissed that he lost, and he should have just walked in, but the student coach didn't know shit.

The O-line got worked in the 2nd half so Franklin had confidence that they’d successfully execute this play?

4 minutes ago, Snacks said:

Hell, I don't care whether or not it was a bad call. I care that the State Pen Nambly Lions lost. That's it.

I was highlighting the asshole that James Franklin always has been. And he is.

16 hours ago, satyanash said:

That playcall was something else. Who do you trust against a stacked box, your QB with 400+ yards of offense on the night or your 3 ypc-RB who's been getting stuffed all night? Yikes.

Bad call, but then again, what would the game be if PSU never fumbles when tOSU looked ready to give up..?

On 9/30/2018 at 8:58 AM, Snacks said:

RPO with the pass option being a bubble screen 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage on 4th and 5? Sorry, the playcall was fucking horrible. I know it's your thing to blame players and never blame coaches because, hey, if the players are perfect then the calls would work! But guess what, players aren't perfect. And horrible calls are still horrible calls.

And I don't believe it was an actual RPO anyway. That bubble screen receiver is trying to pull the safety away from the play. He doesn't actually have any belief he might get the ball. And he's the only receiver who ever looks at the QB so if it was actually an RPO then he's the only possible target.