10/7 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #9

The Tower

2 minutes ago, OU Sucks said:

Yeah, but that's the way it is with everyone.  FSU at #3 was Bama's signature win for most of last season.  At the end of the regular season, they didn't exactly get penalized for FSU ending up a sucky team.

It's because it's the Alabama invitational. 

Going to be sad when the CFP is the same 4 teams as last year.

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Neither TCU nor USC have lost since we beat them. Dropping in the rankings is what happens when you lose to a team deemed inconsistent.

Frogs have only played one and squeaked by ISU in one of the worst games I’ve ever attended. If they beat Tech, they will likely be ranked. If they lose to OU the following week (likely a good game), they’ll be unranked again. If they beat OU, that doesn’t exactly look good for us. 

15 minutes ago, Rex Kramer said:

Frogs have only played one and squeaked by ISU in one of the worst games I’ve ever attended. If they beat Tech, they will likely be ranked. If they lose to OU the following week (likely a good game), they’ll be unranked again. If they beat OU, that doesn’t exactly look good for us. 

You think it’s a bad look for Texas if the only teams to beat tcu are Texas and Ohio state?

• Like 1

Bama-LSU, Pedo State-Michigan, and Georgia-Kentucky

Well if they both get there without a loss I could still see them here instead of LSU-Bama. That’s the CBS game for sure.

Will Fox find a way to steal Texas/WVU from ESPN/ABC? That could make the difference.

Fuck you. Dont want the evil munchkins in the big 12 champ game.

Just now, hookem48 said:

Florida lost to Kentucky, they should be banned from football.

Well when you play them without 3 of your best defensive players, that can happen.  Nobody has to worry about the Gata this year...  relax

44 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I've seen this several times on the board.   Tcu and usc  are not ranked  anymore.  They are still solid wins,  but not the big wins we thought they were at the time. Just being realistic here.  

welp, aggy/sec count the ranking "at the time" in their hype machine.  we beat ranked teams.  i'm still all parcells.  but we've beaten 3 ranked teams.

and maryland appear to be competent.  they are not in the b1g basement with corn and rutgers.   everyone thought their only win at this point would be us.

48 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Love Coach Herman and his team living up to expectations. Couldn’t be prouder of the Horns. 3 American teams in the top 25. One of the most entertaining conferences to watch and continuing to make a case for them be considered as a Power 6 conference. I’d much rather watch an American conference game than a PAC 12 game 

That’s because you’re a fucking idiot. 

Edited by Fat Bastard
  • Like 4

44 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Again, if it's too high, tell me who ranked behind us should we fall behind?

Michigan, I suppose, but they don't have the wins that we do.

When one argues schedule and record so far, it's hard to say that ranking isn't deserved.

I'm just worried about how we've constinently played down to bad teams.  It's going to catch up with us.  ISU, OSU, and Tech aren't slouches.

Even Baylor strikes me as a trap.

I'm still in cautiously optimistic mode.

Edited by JBJ

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

You think it’s a bad look for Texas if the only teams to beat tcu are Texas and Ohio state?

Not necessarily. I just know how enamored the media is with OU and if they are stronger and we beat them again, it will play better. 

2 minutes ago, XOVERX said:

I like the #9 slot halfway through.  Texas is in a very good position.

We're home with Baylor coming in and let's beat them.

There's no way this club runs the table in the regular season, but if they do ....

If they do ....

If they do, and win the conference, it will all depend on what others like bama, Georgia, notre dame, Washington, Ohio state do. 

And also Maryland. Them getting 5-6 wins would be huge in that scenario. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If they do, and win the conference, it will all depend on what others like bama, Georgia, notre dame, Washington, Ohio state do. 

And also Maryland. Them getting 5-6 wins would be huge in that scenario. 

Notre Dame is already in, done deal