Record: 5-0
-
24 Mississippi State
SEC
Record: 4-2
-
Record: 6-0
-
Others receiving votes:Iowa 87, Stanford 59, Washington St. 46, San Diego St. 24, TCU 20, Appalachian St. 11, Utah 9, Utah 5, South Carolina 2, Hawaii 1.
  • Like 2

Baylor, Bye, @OKSt, WV, @TT, ISU, Kansas 

WV schedule is @ISU, Baylor, @Texas, TCU, @OKSt, OU.  They'll lose a couple of those at least. 

If UT runs the next 6 they will be 5 or 6. If they beat OU again, they have a real shot at the CFP. Need Clemson to lose somewhere. 

Strange looking top 25. This is a season where, aside from a few teams at the top, anybody can beat anybody. Remarkably, and to the team's credit, it's grit and toughness that distinguishes teams of roughly equal capabilities.

We got the right coach. We got a QB who is solid and will continue to improve. We got a defense of fleet, hard hitting headhunters. We got a future!

I'm uncomfortable being in the top ten. It's more fun to slowly creep up the list. 

Take away the three turnovers in the last three possessions at Maryland and where are we?

Texas football is fun again!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Should be ahead of PSU and Washington, you haven't beaten 3 ranked teams between them.

I've seen this several times on the board.   Tcu and usc  are not ranked  anymore.  They are still solid wins,  but not the big wins we thought they were at the time. Just being realistic here.  

1 minute ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

I've seen this several times on the board.   Tcu and usc  are not ranked  anymore.  They are still solid wins,  but not the big wins we thought they were at the time. Just being realistic here.  

Because we broke them. Took their manhood. Plus it’s still early in the season 

2 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Neither TCU nor USC have lost since we beat them. Dropping in the rankings is what happens when you lose to a team deemed inconsistent.

• Like 1

Love Coach Herman and his team living up to expectations. Couldn’t be prouder of the Horns. 3 American teams in the top 25. One of the most entertaining conferences to watch and continuing to make a case for them be considered as a Power 6 conference. I’d much rather watch an American conference game than a PAC 12 game 

• Like 1

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

How are some of y'all saying this is too high? Look at the teams right behind us and tell me who should be ahead of us? LSU and Florida are dogshit teams hyped by the SEC machine. We beat OU. What has Michigan done yet?

It's too high, but we're also the only ranked team with a good schedule to point at (maybe ND as well).

All these teams that look infalliable are going to become much more falliable as they hit the teeth of their schedules.

12 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I realized, last night, that I was feeling something that I haven’t felt in a very long time. Wanting teams ranked ahead of us to lose so we could move up. 

Same here.  Found myself running down the rankings to see who had lost, and how much they would fall, and whether Texas would leapfrog or not.  Been a long time since I engaged in that exercise.  Felt good.  Felt right. Felt like home.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Yeah, but that's the way it is with everyone.  FSU at #3 was Bama's signature win for most of last season.  At the end of the regular season, they didn't exactly get penalized for FSU ending up a sucky team.

4 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If we unfucked our faces and beat Maryland where are we sitting right now?  Top 5?

What sucks about the big 12, we would probably only be getting into the CFP with maximum one loss, that we would have to avenge in the big 12 championship game - rematch against the toughest team.

If we were undefeated, we may be past Clemson, especially how they have been squeeking by against meh competition.

It's too high, but we're also the only ranked team with a good schedule to point at (maybe ND as well).
All these teams that look infalliable are going to become much more falliable as they hit the teeth of their schedules.
Again, if it's too high, tell me who ranked behind us should we fall behind?