The definitive How-to-Take-the-Field Video

Beau Vine

LaMarque used to be awesome in the late 90s, from field entrance to kickoff they were mad dogging you. Then, the hit you so hard your ears ring the whole game. That is, if you could still see straight.

I think Bevo's entrances this year have been amazing. He has been so rowdy.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Don't know if they still do it, but the Steele HS football team used to simply walk out onto the field while their band played Carl Orff's rendition of "O Fortuna". Easily the most badass high school football entrance I ever saw. 

I think it was 1999 I saw Sealy in a playoff game, so they were still in the mix to win state every year.

Their cheerleaders put up one of those "rip through" signs before they game.  They walked through it single file.

At the end of the second quarter, they were ahead 35-0.  They lined up single file and walked off the field.  

At the start of the second half, they lined up single file and walked to their bench.

That was pretty fucking intimidating.

• Fuck You 1

Our entrance was through a canvas, reusable sign that had velcro holding it together in the middle.  I'd always try to stay right up front because I didn't want to get tripped up in the scum and look like a dumbass.  My plan worked perfectly until one windy night when one side of the canvas whipped back and wrapped around my helmet and almost broke my damn neck.  It spun me around, but luckily I didn't fall on my ass and played it off like nothing happened.  /csb

Now the kids at my old school have that new rubberized turf and a giant inflatable head they run out of.  /oldmanyellsatcloud

17 hours ago, pacman said:

LaMarque used to be awesome in the late 90s, from field entrance to kickoff they were mad dogging you. Then, the hit you so hard your ears ring the whole game. That is, if you could still see straight.

I think Bevo's entrances this year have been amazing. He has been so rowdy.

I just remember Alan Weddell standing in the locker room door screaming, "Yes we can!"  and the team running out and screaming in unison, "Yes we will!"

5 hours ago, Whatever said:

That was my first thought.  Must be 6-man.

No, apparently one of the best programs in VA: http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/records/year_by_year_results.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=b6cf97bc-a324-4c1a-90e5-0e75f34eb7d7

Coach WhiteShirt is not dancing in any of these, though, which makes me sad.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Saint Tacky said:

I just remember Alan Weddell standing in the locker room door screaming, "Yes we can!"  and the team running out and screaming in unison, "Yes we will!"

1970_fb_national_champions.jpg

4th row, second from right, #75? That Alan Weddell? (Also of note, 6th row far left #72 Mattress Mack, Jim McIngvale) 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Helobious said:

Don't know if they still do it, but the Steele HS football team used to simply walk out onto the field while their band played Carl Orff's rendition of "O Fortuna". Easily the most badass high school football entrance I ever saw. 

Meanwhile the Westlake LARP club is over here showing how O Fortuna should be used...

Obligatory: LIGHTNING BOLT!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

1970_fb_national_champions.jpg

4th row, second from right, #75? That Alan Weddell? (Also of note, 6th row far left #72 Mattress Mack, Jim McIngvale) 

Today this team would get footballs shoved so far up their asses people would think that they were pregnant by the end of the first quarter.

36 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

you mean in addition to UT...because there he stands...Weddell is the one that told me about that

No, I mean what I said. For some reason there's no mention of UT in his wiki bio.

Is he ashamed of it?

According to this, and assuming he is the same guy, he was on the 1970 NC team.  Wonder why that was left out of his wiki?

Edited by DoobieWah

55 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

No, I mean what I said. For some reason there's no mention of UT in his wiki bio.

Is he ashamed of it?

According to this, and assuming he is the same guy, he was on the 1970 NC team.  Wonder why that was left out of his wiki?

Do you think he did his wiki bio? He ain't got time for that

That's him in the picture, chief...his brother George too. Why don't you go by 6006 I-45NorthbetweenTidwellandParker and ask him yourself?

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Do you think he did his wiki bio? He ain't got time for that

That's him in the picture, chief...his brother George too. Why don't you go by 6006 I-45NorthbetweenTidwellandParker and ask him yourself? 

OFFS, try some decaf coffee.

All I said was I had never heard that and it wasn't mentioned in his wiki-bio - both demonstrably true.

Why do you want to fight about it?

1 hour ago, DoobieWah said:

OFFS, try some decaf coffee.

All I said was I had never heard that and it wasn't mentioned in his wiki-bio - both demonstrably true.

Why do you want to fight about it?

Not starting a fight, I'm just pointing out that wiki is not the end-all, be-all of fact checking. A guy in the picture told me directly that Mack and his brother were also on the team and it is obvious from the picture that it's him, and you tried to tell me I'm wrong because it's not "mentioned in his wiki bio" (which I'd be willing to bet he has never seen. let alone contributed to) and you'd "never heard that". He did leave Texas and go to North Texas afterwards. No idea about his career there...