Official Surly - Texas vs Baylor Game Thread

Vertigo

35 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

They said they're gonna reevaluate at the half, but it's a dinged shoulder. :(
How fucking deflated is the crowd?

Sorry for the shitty response time...

A lot less deflated now at half 😀

But most of us were pretty down, end of the first was dead silence except for Smokey.

As anyone watching knows, Shane is still wildly high on a lot of his throws. But  CJ is a man and Keontay has forced the safety to be honest.

Ingram changed the tone.

No shit.  He’s vying to top Dawson’s kick in ‘95 against VA.  
And he could very well end up with a career mirroring Dawson’s. 
I was dating a chick back then that graduated from UV. She was talking shit when she left to go do something at her office after Garcia hit that 56-yd FG to take the lead with 3 minutes to go. I thoroughly enjoyed calling her after Dawson hit that kick into the wind to let her know what happened. /csb

2 minutes ago, UTGrad98 said:

For not playing a fucking snap this entire year and coming in ice cold Shane is doing just fine.

Keeping us afloat? Sure. Doing just fine? No. He doesn't look good. I still have no idea why we are so hell bent on passing on 1st down. Run the fucking ball down their throats and wear them down. Their run defense is atrocious. And Shane is coming off the bench cold. Quit slinging it around so much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stunns38 said:

Baylor still has a team of non-disciplined Briles-era thugs. As long as they no longer rape I guess...our O line is wearing down their front 4. Should be able to get Ingram 100 yards today.

I'm happy the Longhorns are able to advance the ball on their personal foul penalties.

• Like 1

Shane 9 of 19 for 109. Not really impressive.

He's playing much worse than the stat line. He hasn't been helped by coaches but still.

2nd half - Run, run, run. Give Shane some easy throws to boost confidence, because he may be needed for a couple games. If up more than 3 TDs with

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

And he said "to give Baylor the lead". This whole broadcast is amateur hour.

Don't forget the sideline dope.

"Everybody here is wondering what happened to Sam."

Stare in camera. End.

Wtf? Sideline reporter is supposed to tell us idiot.

• Like 1

Just now, Sgt Hulk said:

Ingram  7.0 YPC   stats tell me to keep feeding him  the texas coaching tree me in says hes done enough time  to rest. 

heres to hoping the USC texas 3rd qtr comes out 

I have no idea why we are not running the ball down their throats with Ingram. Quit passing so much on 1st down.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

I have no idea why we are not running the ball down their throats with Ingram. Quit passing so much on 1st down.

feed feed feed,  then a quick rb screen pass to back them off then LJH coming in and bringing the hate all the way down the field 

• Like 1

Baylors D is teeing off on shane because we arent doing anything except for 5 second developing runs and drop back hail marys
This is true. He also just put in the least acurate half I've ever seen out of a D1 QB. Bad play and bad coaching aren't mutually exclusive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk