Charlie Brewer

dad

4 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:

Which QB won the game dumbass?

I submit that your ass-ertion is incorrect. Stats are for suck ass LOSERS.

Riddle me this, who is the better coach, DKR or Paul Bryant?

LOL at your fucking idiotic insinuation that the Shane was the better QB solely because we won the game. Go troll on another thread you fucking mouth breather.

Edited by dad

LOL at your fucking idiotic insinuation that the Shane was the better QB solely because we won the game. Go troll on another thread you fucking mouth breather.

Winners win, losers lose.

Shane is a winner, Charlie is a loser. Pretty simple. Today Shane WAS the better QB.

Make me a bicycle clown

Ps, answer the question, who is the better coach, DKR or Bryant?

14 hours ago, jdhorn92 said:

Can't offer them all.  Someone should have told Rod.  But that wouldnt have fit the narrative.  People in Texas going to watch Texas regardless, so announcers take the contrarian view to generate a narrative.

They also had to repeat that narrative over and over again as they didn't bother to do any additional research during the week.  They'd much rather play freemium games on their phones and tell people that their suit is an official giorgio armani.

59 minutes ago, HornsOverIthaca said:

They also had to repeat that narrative over and over again as they didn't bother to do any additional research during the week.  They'd much rather play freemium games on their phones and tell people that their suit is an official giorgio armani.

At the time, IIRC, the fact that Baylor offered was the head-scratcher.  I think he was a low 2-star. 

I was also waiting for a "... well I think Texas is pretty happy with their QB situation right now, and given the same choice again they'd probably make the same decision again", but of course that never came either. Like Brewer is Andrew Luck and it's just that obvious how badly we fucked up his recruitment. 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/charlie-brewer-3904

Uninformed on this thread.   Baylor, Bowling Green, Hawaii, Louisiana Monroe, North Texas.    Actually committed to SMU to play for his high school coach Chad Morris,  then flipped to Baylor.

Makes no difference,  Charlie is a helluva' gamer just like his Dad.

He didn’t fucking play for Chad Morris at Lake Travis. Morris hasn’t coached there since 2009.

12 hours ago, dad said:

Well, Brewer's ESPN QBR was 47.7 to Shane's 53.4 and Bohls in his column today says Shane's efficiency rating of 108.1 was higher than Brewer's, which he doesn't quote.

So by preexisting standards of how we judge quarterback's performances, Shane seemed to be the better quarterback in Saturday's game.  In addition to winning, of course.

Edited by abuelo gringo

1 minute ago, abuelo gringo said:

Well, Brewer's ESPN QBR was 47.7 to Shane's 53.4 and Bohls in his column today says Shane's efficiency rating of 108.1 was higher than Brewer's, which he doesn't quote.

So by preexisting standards of how we judge quarterback's performances, Shane seemed to be the better quarterback in Saturday's game.  In addition to winning, of course.

Swap both QB's and give Brewer the same amount of time that Shane had to throw. Do you agree that Brewer would have been more accurate? Brewer was throwing some accurate balls and getting them out very quickly. I'm not here to die at the stake for Brewer I don't give a shit it's just my opinion from my eye ball test that Brewer looks like a better QB then Shane.

15 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Mmmmmm......

Not bad, but I prefer Brewers who were actual Longhorns.

Connor Brewer actually was a QB for us and his sister Ashley actually swam for the Horns, although they both transferred.

https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3037

Edited by ajax
Connor, not Conor
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Red Five said:

I was also waiting for a "... well I think Texas is pretty happy with their QB situation right now, and given the same choice again they'd probably make the same decision again", but of course that never came either. Like Brewer is Andrew Luck and it's just that obvious how badly we fucked up his recruitment. 

Yeah. It’s an odd point they are trying to make. Judging the decision by the information we had at the time, we absolutely did the right thing. Judging the decision by the information we have now, we absolutely did the right thing. So what are they trying to say?

Swap both QB's and give Brewer the same amount of time that Shane had to throw. Do you agree that Brewer would have been more accurate? Brewer was throwing some accurate balls and getting them out very quickly. I'm not here to die at the stake for Brewer I don't give a shit it's just my opinion from my eye ball test that Brewer looks like a better QB then Shane.
196dbf368594bb395b4340115dc8912f.jpg244668b9d313386df67f7a5de240fd7e.jpg

15 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Yeah. It’s an odd point they are trying to make. Judging the decision by the information we had at the time, we absolutely did the right thing. Judging the decision by the information we have now, we absolutely did the right thing. So what are they trying to say?

It's all about creating a narrative that the kid that got overlooked by Big Bad U is trying to make them regret their decision.  As long as Baylor kept the game close, there was a chance for the heartwarming moment of Redemption caught on video.  That's all they wanted.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

It's all about creating a narrative that the kid that got overlooked by Big Bad U is trying to make them regret their decision.  As long as Baylor kept the game close, there was a chance for the heartwarming moment of Redemption caught on video.  That's all they wanted.

Because the game itself is so fucking boring, nobody will watch unless there is some narrative about somebody in the stands or some bracelet a guy is wearing or sharpie marks on his shoes for his ___ who was gunned down and this is for you, blood.  The game itself is a host for all this other shit.  In fact, why would anybody buy a ticket to the game, unless they knew there was going to be random shit on the jumbotron to look at besides the game?

19 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Because the game itself is so fucking boring, nobody will watch unless there is some narrative about somebody in the stands or some bracelet a guy is wearing or sharpie marks on his shoes for his ___ who was gunned down and this is for you, blood.  The game itself is a host for all this other shit.  In fact, why would anybody buy a ticket to the game, unless they knew there was going to be random shit on the jumbotron to look at besides the game?

It's real to me...(sob)...

34 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

Where's the game, in life, behind the game behind the game  

If I recall correctly, Charile is somewhat undersized.  Older bro Michael, who signed with Tceh and transferred to VT with some success, was a more prototypical Texas QB.  We took Connor Brewer (no relation) instead in that number 1/3 ranked, almost completely worthless (J Gray and M Brown) class.  Probably should have taken Michael.

JFC, look at this shit.  http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/school?id=251&class=2012

Edited by TwiceHorn

On ‎10‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:42 AM, HornsOverIthaca said:

Gilmore talked about wondering if Sam would be healthy enough to play next week. They didn't even check our schedule.

On 10/13/2018 at 8:39 PM, ztejas said:

Also this isn't fucking Yale. No one gives a shit where your granpappy played. The QB that won it for us today grew up surrounded by Sooners.

This is Texas. We win games. We don't hand out scholarships to feel better about ourselves.

*Insert Case McCoy and Foreman brothers pictures*

On 10/14/2018 at 10:43 AM, Liquor and Poker said:

At the time, IIRC, the fact that Baylor offered was the head-scratcher.  I think he was a low 2-star. 

Baylor had their QB commit bail, IIRC.  Kellen Mond.

Brewer was commited to SMU at the time. And had a PWO offer from us.

Edited by JBJ

4 minutes ago, futureman said:

‘shiro!!

and whatever happened to kendall sanders?  he was good before that false accusation dismissal. 

Finished his career at Arkansas State.

Sanders came around as the Red Wolves’ season progressed. He finally put it all together in his last appearance Saturday night, catching five passes for 127 yards and three touchdowns in a 31-13 rout of Central Florida in the AutoNation Cure Bowl at Orlando, Fla.

Link

• Like 1