Texas @ OSU 10/27 7:00 PM ABC

MirrOlure

7 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

It's always interesting that people think Oklahoma State has a huge home field advantage. 

Since the start of '14 Oklahoma State is 11-10 against Big 12 teams in Stillwater. 

i just hate playing in the fucking piece of shit stadium because you are pretty much guaranteed to have at least four players hurt and one paralyzed because their dumbass stadium walls are 2 feet from out of bounds line.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Not that I'm complaining, but why is this the ABC Primetime Game of the Week? OK State is 8th in Big 12. 

Are there no other games that day? Is it SEC Cupcake Week? 

only ranked team playing at 7 (ND plays Navy but they're on CBS) / aggy plays miss. state at 6 on ESPN.  so I'm guessing not much out there.

In 20 years of following OSU football I can only vaguely recall 2 times a player might have been injured by the close wall.  I think a player once slid into the wall during a rainstorm and hurt his ankle.  I seem to recall a second, but not really certain.  If each game guaranteed four injuries and one paralyzation, I'm pretty sure our program would have been shut down long ago.  And since our team plays there 6-7 times a year, we probably would run out of players by season's end.

40 minutes ago, 'stache said:

In 20 years of following OSU football I can only vaguely recall 2 times a player might have been injured by the close wall.  I think a player once slid into the wall during a rainstorm and hurt his ankle.  I seem to recall a second, but not really certain.  If each game guaranteed four injuries and one paralyzation, I'm pretty sure our program would have been shut down long ago.  And since our team plays there 6-7 times a year, we probably would run out of players by season's end. 

thank you for your pedantic literal response to my hyperbole.  your stupid fucking wall is way too close.  it's dangerous.

ask chris warren from 2016, ask earl thomas from 2009, roy williams from 2003...ask d'onta foreman at 3:05 of this video:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Fuck me? No no no.

Fuck your homecoming. - America's Greatest Homecoming Celebration?  No, I will not fuck it

Fuck Gallagher-Iba and that it smelled like cheese when I visited as an elementary student. - those are nachos mother fucker!

Fuck your stadium that was under construction for what felt like a decade. -  that's fair

Fuck your 5 yard deep sidelines. - dis you want us to spend two decades fixing up that old rust bucket?  Choices had to be made

Fuck the pokes for playing harder against us then against your instate rival. - It isn't the players not playing hard.  It's Gundy coaching like a pussy vs. OU

And fuck Eskimo joe’s! -  Now that's over the line!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sidis said:

thank you for your pedantic literal response to my hyperbole.  your stupid fucking wall is way too close.  it's dangerous.

ask chris warren from 2016, ask earl thomas from 2009, roy williams from 2003...ask d'onta foreman at 3:05 of this video:

I would agree that they are annoyingly close. But saying they are "dangerous" is just hyperbole for hyperbole's sake.  Were any of those players literally injured (meaning they were carted off or were otherwise unable to return to the game) from running into the walls?  I don't think so.  I've been going to games in Stillwater for 30 years and I can think of maybe twice when that happened. I think one was an OU player in the early 90s.  I don't even recall the other but it was way before the stadium was upgraded/remodeled so it was before 2004 at least.

However, I can think of dozens of other instances where players were injured on the playing field just because... you know... it's fucking football.

There are plenty of things to bitch about in terms of the game day experience in Stillwater (East/West orientation, paddle people, shit data coverage in the stadium). 

"The walls are too close and cause injuries" just seems baseless and stupid considering players actually getting injured from running into to them is extraordinarily rare.  

• Like 1

yes, earl thomas was out of the game after his injury in 2009...a concussion from the fucking wall.  chris warren missed most of the rest of the 2016 season after his injury.  d'onta was in pretty bad shape after the above incident.  they had to stop the game for quite a while.

it is unnecessary and it is very dangerous.  it is also a no-brainer fix.

yes, earl thomas was out of the game after his injury in 2009...a concussion from the fucking wall.  chris warren missed most of the rest of the 2016 season after his injury.  d'onta was in pretty bad shape after the above incident.  they had to stop the game for quite a while.

How do you fix it? If you know how that stadium is constructed, I don’t think you can without losing thousands of seats. Which means thousands of dollars. It sounds like you’re expecting big time college sports to choose the best interests of the players over money.

9 hours ago, taybo20 said:

@Thetexashammer offense was shit in the 2nd half

9 hours ago, elnimo said:

You mean the half where we scored 0 points against a soft Baylor run defense and where Shane gave up a turnover that put Baylor in position to win late?

This offense is built around the QB run threat.  Without that, defenses easily overwhelm our craptastic o-line.  Shane is not a run threat. Without that, we have to rely on a shitty O-line to run block.

I mean, you're not wrong. 

5 hours ago, sidis said:

i just hate playing in the fucking piece of shit stadium because you are pretty much guaranteed to have at least four players hurt and one paralyzed because their dumbass stadium walls are 2 feet from out of bounds line.

but smacking paddles on some gym mats is so threatening!

dumbass-ness abounds up there.  stadium also runs East West

1 hour ago, sidis said:

FDR ran into the wall and that's why he was in a wheelchair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

How do you fix it? If you know how that stadium is constructed, I don’t think you can without losing thousands of seats. Which means thousands of dollars. It sounds like you’re expecting big time college sports to choose the best interests of the players over money.

Thousands of dollars? Thousands??? Where oh where would T. Boone find that kind of money?

5 hours ago, Go Pokes said:

Thousands??? Omg!!!

7 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

And you're 8 years removed from a decade of being relevant.  What's your point?  

now you are getting nasty . a poke talking about being relevant . was isu  ever relevant ? or just relevant enough to take away the best shot y'all ever had ? 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

What's your point? 

That you have no room to talk about series records because the only wins you've been able to scratch out are the best years in your program's history vs. some of our worst - and despite that you still almost lose to us every single year to the degree that officiating handed you a win against a fucking terrible Texas team you should have smacked. 

You're lucky to even be 6-2 since '09. You're like 3 plays away from being 3-5.  

Edited by ztejas