Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy

bad_teammate

3 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

I'd like to better understand Kentucky v Ohio.  How does the blending of Ohio vs Kentucky work near Cincinnati.  Is Cincinnati a bit Kentucky, or is that whole area basically Ohio, or is it gradient. 

I'm a little bit 'Tucky...

And I'm a little bit Oh-hi-oh.

4 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Well, first of all, I'd have never been at an anti-abortion protest hundreds of miles from my home state.

Secondly, I wouldn't have stood there mocking a native American's chant with a shit-eating smirk while my buddies mocked him by jumping and hooting like morons. 

What would you have done, if a grown man got right in your face and started chanting and drumming?

And because the kid doesn’t share your political views on abortion, he’s a piece of shit?  I was once staunchly pro-life.  My views have changed on that issue as I’ve aged, but I didn’t oppose abortion because I was an asshole or a racist.  

Edited by BrickHorn

2 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I’ve tried to stay out of the MAGA kids debate but it appears the Native American fellow was stepping between two competing hate groups.

Is that incorrect?

1 minute ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, that is what happened.

White boys, acting like idiots, reaches the level of hate group now. The rationality is palpable. 

4 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Jumping around in his face mimicing his chanting isn't racist? lol ok bud

The minorities hold the majority of the blame. hmmm weird how this works

[edit]

Hey I asked you some questions earlier, why are you ignoring them? Do you admit that the old man didn't "change his story" or lie?

Not ignoring, I was out for a hike and am just now catching up. 

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

What racist symbol?  MAGA hat? 

Yes, obviously.

And I addressed the letter point in my last post.  That elderly man walked right up to the Smirk and got in his face.  That kid didn’t mock him, at least not in the videos I’ve seen.  He tried to keep a straight face when a grown man walked up to him chanting and beating a drum.  Let that happen to you and see if you don’t crack a smile.

He did? Watch the video. The old man stands in one place chanting and different MAGA scum jump in an out of his face. Do you have evidence that the old man got in the kid's face?

Also... you acknowledge it's a smirk but you're saying it's not mocking... sounds like you're trying to have it both ways. Do you know what a smirk is? (Of course you do, you're just not being honest.

1 minute ago, Telegraph_it said:

White boys, acting like idiots, reaches the level of hate group now. The rationality is palpable. 

All we have to do is minimize things and then it doesn't seem like a big deal!

4 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Yes, that was foolish and should not have been undertaken. Should have avoided engaging with the mentally ill there for sure. I welcome and agree with that criticism for sure. The Covington kids weren't blameless and you point out their foolishness there, but again, all sides were without blame and foolish.

Like I said, those kids should have just walked off and waited for the bus somewhere else and not engaged in lunacy. Keep heads down and stay off radar and self-segregate from people looking to use you.

does labelling people you disagree with (in actions or words) as mentally ill make you feel superior to them?  As someone who has struggled with a form of mental illness, I'm not a fan of this use of that label, and it might be something worth reflecting on for yourself.

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

Oh God no.  I still want to punch that kid in his smug face.  What I'm saying is the no one is telling the full story.  They are only telling the parts that make them look good.  In my opinion, all 3 groups acted stupidly.  It's just that when doling out blame I tend to go softer on children than adults.  I'd say the high school kids are about 20-25% responsible, with the Black Hebrews and Nathan Phillip's group splitting the rest of the blame.

Come on that isn't the way it works here. Everybody knows you have to place blame on only one group and completely overlook the other side(s) issues depending on if you are a Dem or GOP. I place blame on all 3 groups equally and all of them should of and could have done things differently or walked away. But we won't learn shit from this because people don't want to learn they just want to point fingers and not ever take any personal responsibility for their actions. 

2 minutes ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

The Cincinnati International Airport is actually in Covington, Kentucky. I know a guy from that area and it's basically you are an Ohio guy who lives in a different state for self-segregating reasons. Examples off the top of my head, a suburb like Rock Hill, SC where people live in South Carolina but work in Charlotte, or Kansas City, Missouri where you might live in Overland Park or something else like that.

I work closely with a Cincinnati office and have been there on business several times (flying in and out of that airport).  It's actually a surprisingly interesting city.  But I don't know how much of that part of Kentucky is a blob of Ohio dominated Cincinnati, or if Kentucky and Ohio are "closer" than we might realize.  Before visiting there, I hadn't really thought of Kentucky and Ohio as being similar.

39748453_10112054523440270_4461778315333

6 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

Yes, obviously.

He did? Watch the video. The old man stands in one place chanting and different MAGA scum jump in an out of his face. Do you have evidence that the old man got in the kid's face?

Watch the fuller video.  Phillips (the Native American) approached the Smirk:

Start around 1:54 or so.

• Like 1

Just now, bad_teammate said:

All we have to do is minimize things and then it doesn't seem like a big deal!

Or we could exaggerate things. Perhaps call the kids genocidal maniacs from their smirk, doxx them, threaten their lives and their families (this was done to someone who wasn't even there). This is a much better outcome, and I am sure everyone will walk away learning a valuable lesson. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

No not at all. It's merely signifying that engaging in people who are irrational and unpredictable in their actions and could be violent due to being divorced from a reasoned environment 

You're right. The Native Americans were pretty brave to enter this environment. 

I didn't want to Cloak Room up the "Tell me about aggy" thread, but this was posted in reference to the kids who were mocking the Native American veteran in DC.

But of course aggy is the type of place where racist little shit heads are encouraged and protected...

o066x.png

25 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Some of y’all need to step away from your jump-to-conclusions mats.  The smirking kid has now provided his side of the story:

https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/01/20/us/covington-kentucky-student-statement/index.html?r=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cnn.com%2F

New videos seemingly support the notion that (a) the Native protester approached the teens from Kentucky and (b) there was a group of black Israelites (for Jesus?) stirring shit up.  

Did the teens do stupid smartass teen shit?  Probably.

Does that kid have a punchable face?  Absolutely.

Do MAGA hats convey dipshittery?  No doubt.

But put yourself in this kid’s shoes. You’re a bumpkin from Kentucky, on a trip with your high school crew, winding down the weekend.  A group of black dudes is sitting over there proclaiming Zionism and cursing up a storm.  Suddenly, an old Indian dude walks right up in your face and starts banging a drum and chanting.  

If it were 17 year old me, I would have done a lot more than smirk.  I would have completely lost it and bust out in hysterical laughter at the sheer absurdity of the scene.

And I might have even done it while wearing a MAGA hat because, like most teenagers, I had a rebellious streak and was fucking stupid at times and didn’t consider what message I was sending other than “Cool, my parents will hate this shit!”  

This kid ain’t perfect, I’m sure.  Maybe additional evidence will show these dudes were running an impromptu Klan rally and that started the whole thing.  But from what I’ve seen so far, he looks like a typical kid reacting to what was frankly a bizarre scenario.  

Not gonna lie, I was waiting for the punchline at the end. I greatly respect you as a poster, but this "teenagers will teenagers" excuse is bullshit. Just because you might have acted worse doesn't actually make your argument any better.

And let's remember, this didn't happen in their hometown or something. They were on an annual trip to DC for a pro-life rally themselves. To act like they were blindsided is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bad_teammate said:

Don't externalize your pathology. I've watched the whole video and it didn't take some great act of will on my part. I'm not scared of these things.

Not a chance in hell you watch the whole 2 hours and still hold on to your opinion that Nathan Phillips was just trying to go the Lincoln Memorial to peacefully pray when he was set upon by an angry teen mob. 

When he starts approaching the teens, most of them are crouched or sitting on the far left of the stairs.  The entire right side is wide open to walk up to the memorial.  He chose to walk into the group. 

Again, I'm not saying the teens acted appropriately, but they are teens and as I said earlier, I hold adults to a higher standard in situations like this

You want to make this about race because they were wearing MAGA hats, then that's fine, but I'm just looking at what actually happened...regardless of how much I like or dislike the parties involved.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Not gonna lie, I was waiting for the punchline at the end. I greatly respect you as a poster, but this "teenagers will teenagers" excuse is bullshit. Just because you might have acted worse doesn't actually make your argument any better.

And let's remember, this didn't happen in their hometown or something. They were on an annual trip to DC for a pro-life rally themselves. To act like they were blindsided is ridiculous. 

Bear in mind, I’m not defending the crowd of teenagers.  Primarily because there haven’t been any specific allegations against the crowd.

I’m defending the smirking kid.  Based on watching several videos from different angles and covering different times, I have not seen anything he did that was out of line.  He said nothing racist and made no physically hostile movements.  And the longer video clearly shows the Native dude walked into the Smirk’s personal space.  

The kid has an annoying smile and is apparently a MAGA guy.  Okay.  Maybe he’s a racist shitbag.  Or maybe he’s an impressionable kid trying different political views on for size.  I can’t tell either way from these videos, so in the spirit of American values, I’m going to give him the benefit of the doubt.  

• Like 2

Yes, that was foolish and should not have been undertaken. Should have avoided engaging with the mentally ill there for sure. I welcome and agree with that criticism for sure. The Covington kids weren't blameless and you point out their foolishness there, but again, all sides were without blame and foolish.

Like I said, those kids should have just walked off and waited for the bus somewhere else and not engaged in lunacy. Keep heads down and stay off radar and self-segregate from people looking to use you.

They probably should have waited for their bus where it was going to pick them up. The Lincoln Memorial steps are nowhere near a convenient place to load a bus.

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

And I get the desire to dislike the MAGA kids here.  Because fuck Trump and that whole movement.  But god dammit, don’t overreach.  Or you just become a leftist version of the right-wing movement you hate so much.

Look, it's exhausting calling out all the MAGA bullshit. But letting it go will just eventually normalize it. And fuck that. 

I think people are focusing too much on the details of this story and not the implications.  

Trump/GOP have created the environment where these kids can openly display their hate and bad behavior without fear of tangible consequences.   It’s along the same line as the Charlottesville tiki torch boys.

This is something new to mainstream America that should be disturbing and it’s mostly due to a failure of our conservative leaders to reject the hate that comes with Trumpism.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

There have been specific allegations of the other MAGA kids laughing at and mocking the Native Americans. 

Okay.  Have you seen evidence to support those allegations?  If so, I’d be happy to review it.  

My current view is based on the video evidence produced so far, which shows:

- The Black Hebrews yelling racist, homophobic, and threatening insults.

- The Native protester walking several yards to get in front of the smirking kid.

- the smirking kid standing with an annoying smile on his face. 

- the other teenagers doing Aggie-style cheers and otherwise reacting like teenagers to the bizarre scene of their friend trying to keep a straight face while a Native guy beats a drum and chants right at him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump/GOP have created the environment where these kids can openly display their hate and bad behavior without fear of tangible consequences.   It’s along the same line as the Charlottesville tiki torch boys.

I’m sympathetic to that logic.  But I still have seen no evidence in this case of any “display” of “hate and bad behavior.”  (Not from the MAGA twerps anyway)

Edited by BrickHorn

2 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Not a chance in hell you watch the whole 2 hours and still hold on to your opinion that Nathan Phillips was just trying to go the Lincoln Memorial to peacefully pray when he was set upon by an angry teen mob. 

When he starts approaching the teens, most of them are crouched or sitting on the far left of the stairs.  The entire right side is wide open to walk up to the memorial.  He chose to walk into the group. 

Again, I'm not saying the teens acted appropriately, but they are teens and as I said earlier, I hold adults to a higher standard in situations like this

You want to make this about race because they were wearing MAGA hats, then that's fine, but I'm just looking at what actually happened...regardless of how much I like or dislike the parties involved.

The whole fucking thing is ridiculous and is made up of people on this thread trying to defend their personal beliefs/thoughts.

They whole group acted like idiots that escalated the situation. However, wearing a MAGA hat doesn’t automatically make you a racist. The implication it does is a  it of a stretch. Nationalism doesn’t 100% coincide with racism although the racists have definitely picked it up and run with it. Saying that, the kids were stupid and their chaperones were even more stupid in letting it get to this point. The adults in the other two groups should have acted like adults but chose not to. The adults responsible for the kids should have acted like adults but chose not to. Anyone that thinks that’s Phillips wasn’t looking for a confrontation as he walked directly towards and through a group of white MAGA wearing kids is stupid. He clearly was and the idiot kids played right into it. He said in the CNN interview that he didn’t feel like he should have to walk around, that’s confrontational in it’s simplest form. They all deserve blame for the situation in the end.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Look, it's exhausting calling out all the MAGA bullshit. But letting it go will just eventually normalize it. And fuck that. 

So are you calling them out for wearing MAGA gear?  Because that clearly happened and, yes, it’s annoying and indicates I’m unlikely to agree with them on any political issue.

But merely because they proudly display idiocratic political views doesn’t mean every fucking thing else they do is a racist act.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Trump/GOP have created the environment where these kids can openly display their hate and bad behavior without fear of tangible consequences.

Or every person has a camera in their pocket and the ability to publish what it records to the masses. It does seem like there are consequences though.

Just now, BrickHorn said:

So are you calling them out for wearing MAGA gear?  Because that clearly happened and, yes, it’s annoying and indicates I’m unlikely to agree with them on any political issue.

But merely because they proudly display idiocratic political views doesn’t mean every fucking thing else they do is a racist act.  

What about tomahawk chops? Mocking traditional Native American dances? 

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

What about tomahawk chops? Mocking traditional Native American dances? 

I didn’t see the vids of tomahawk chops.  That’s clearly a racially insensitive taunt.  Like I said, it’s unsurprising (indeed, inevitable) that someone in the crowd was being a dick.  

But that doesn’t make them ALL racists.  And is there video of the Smirk doing chops?

Edited by BrickHorn

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

I agree to a point: wearing a MAGA had doesn't mean every fucking thing else they do is a racist act.  However, being at the Lincoln Memorial, protesting while wearing MAGA gear sure as hell tints their agenda w/ a degree of racism.  At least it does for me. 

1 minute ago, BrickHorn said:

I didn’t see the vids of tomahawk chops.  That’s clearly a racially insensitive taunt.  Like I said, it’s unsurprising (indeed, inevitable) that someone in the crowd was being a dick.  

There are many videos out there now providing context for what happened and looking at them all, it appears that the first reaction was the correct one: the kids were being racist little shits.

6 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

But that doesn’t make them ALL racists.  And is there video of the Smirk doing chops?

The logic master has logged on. 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Okay.  Have you seen evidence to support those allegations?  If so, I’d be happy to review it.  

My current view is based on the video evidence produced so far, which shows:

- The Black Hebrews yelling racist, homophobic, and threatening insults.

- The Native protester walking several yards to get in front of the smirking kid.

- the smirking kid standing with an annoying smile on his face. 

- the other teenagers doing Aggie-style cheers and otherwise reacting like teenagers to the bizarre scene of their friend trying to keep a straight face while a Native guy beats a drum and chants right at him.

I see where you’re coming from.  Personally, I’d rather err on the side of being a dick to dickheads.  At the very least those MAGA kids are dickheads.  

Every dickhead needs a dick, I’ll be that guy.  Fuck em.  

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I feel pretty comfortable saying anyone who wears a MAGA hat in a political environment is embracing confrontation. 

Just as anyone who walks directly towards and through a group of people is embracing confrontation. All 3 groups were there for a political reason and they all played their parts to a T resulting in this video. None deserve sympathy and none deserve praise. There is no doubt there are racists in the group of kids, they are white, Catholic kids from a private school at a March for Life event. You don’t have to stretch far to come to that conclusion. The black guys were about as openly racist as they come. The Native American group walked right into the middle of it to get their 5 minutes. Quit demonizing one group while subsequently not admitting to the fact they all suck.

Just now, BrickHorn said:

You’re right.  We should abandon reason and just go with our gut on this one.  THAT KID IS HITLER ALL OVER AGAIN!!!

Anytime you are furiously posting on the internet arguing for a position it's always good when the only people backing you up are a guy who sexually assaults women and brags about it and a guy who works at the Verizon store and posts shit like "Who is this Beto person who I keep hearing about at all the political salons I attend in Missouri City?" you know you are on the correct side and should keep digging that hole. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Brew said:

The Native American group walked right into the middle of it to get their 5 minutes.

Another member of the Native American group was filmed telling the kids to go back to Europe. Open racism is still open racism.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I see where you’re coming from.  Personally, I’d rather err on the side of being a dick to dickheads.  At the very least those MAGA kids are dickheads.  

Ever dickhead needs a dick, I’ll be that guy.  Fuck em.  

They are kids who were approached by a Native American hitting a drum. In their adolescent brains, surrounded by their peers, they went to mimicking Indian stereotypes they know. Does that make them, in your words, dickheads? Well yes. At a minimum its an immature and disrespectful thing to do.

Does that mean we throw away rational discussion and be dicks back at them because we hate Trump and this whole world has gone to hell? Sure let's keep digging. 

• Pancho changed the title to Running Alt-Right Thread of Mockery and Hypocrisy