Michigan @ Michigan State, 12:00et/11:00ct on FOX

WhatTheBuck

My State of the Program address -- Bleak. For now. We will be lucky to make a bowl game. 

The team is a walking MASH unit but even before we could make that claim, we looked like garbage against Utah State and in the desert against ASU (which is where the carnage began). Program simply does not have the kind of talent and depth to sustain the type of injuries they have and remain competitive. Lewerke has been really bad this year, which was not expected. Said today after the game there was a shoulder injury and he didn't practice all week. Can't beat a top Defense like that. Might not beat Purdue or Rutgers like that. 

Credit to Michigan, they gave the Offense no room to operate, and I thought Patterson had an excellent throw (and excellent catch and run by DPJ) to seal the game. 

Worst outcome of the game is the torn Achilles for Felton Davis III. Probably not a name non B1G fans are familiar with, but he was an NFL receiver. 6'4, hands like OBJ and pretty good quickness and athleticism. This type of injury midway through his Sr year puts a professional career in serious jeopardy. I feel awful for the kid.  

Rivalry got ratcheted up a few more notches today with the pregame antics and the post game commentary. Good. That was some low class garbage. MSU is going to be healthier and hungrier next year. 

Michigan fans are insufferable. Hopefully they take a victory with a little more class than their team and Coach does. 

Go Green motherfuckers. Baboon. MSU Class of 2000. 

2 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

My State of the Program address -- Bleak. For now. We will be lucky to make a bowl game. 

The team is a walking MASH unit but even before we could make that claim, we looked like garbage against Utah State and in the desert against ASU (which is where the carnage began). Program simply does not have the kind of talent and depth to sustain the type of injuries they have and remain competitive. Lewerke has been really bad this year, which was not expected. Said today after the game there was a shoulder injury and he didn't practice all week. Can't beat a top Defense like that. Might not beat Purdue or Rutgers like that. 

Credit to Michigan, they gave the Offense no room to operate, and I thought Patterson had an excellent throw (and excellent catch and run by DPJ) to seal the game. 

Worst outcome of the game is the torn Achilles for Felton Davis III. Probably not a name non B1G fans are familiar with, but he was an NFL receiver. 6'4, hands like OBJ and pretty good quickness and athleticism. This type of injury midway through his Sr year puts a professional career in serious jeopardy. I feel awful for the kid.  

Rivalry got ratcheted up a few more notches today with the pregame antics and the post game commentary. Good. That was some low class garbage. MSU is going to be healthier and hungrier next year. 

Michigan fans are insufferable. Hopefully they take a victory with a little more class than their team and Coach does. 

Just take care of Ohio State

8 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I'll throw my 2 cents in with Baboons comments.

Michigan outplayed MSU yesterday, but MSU managed to make it close thru 3+ quarters. I'm seeing quotes and comments that Lewerke was hurt and didn't practice last week; if that is true then I put more of the blame on Coach D. Because Lewerke couldn't hit an open receiver for shit yesterday, many times we (a group around me in the stadium) couldn't even tell who he was throwing the ball to. I give Coach D a ton a leeway for all he has done, but a few years back MSU beat OSU when Connor Cook was unable to play, and if the reports are true either Lombardi should have started or gone in earlier or the program is in shitty shape if they have no one to really go in Lewerke's place.

Couple of other comments - don't look to the stats to tell the whole story, UM had penalties on 4 plays in a row in the last drive for MSU. So, something like, 50 of the yards of penalties were in slop time.

Totally agree with 'boon - good to see the rivalry ramp back up. Winobitch acting like they accomplished something big is almost laughable; you won a game and a trophy (that's been in East Lansing the majority of the last decade) congrats & you are on track to finish better than 3rd in the division.

Go Green - (try and) beat Purdue!!!