Meet Joe Black

Blanton

Forlani and Pitt finally get together after Pitt's body was occupied by the Grim Reaper for several days while the GR followed Forlani's dad (Hopkins) around to learn about life. All that was after Pitt and Forlani met at a coffee shop and then later, while his body was occupied by the GR, Pitt and Forlani had sex.

7 hours ago, HouTex said:

Forlani and Pitt finally get together after Pitt's body was occupied by the Grim Reaper for several days while the GR followed Forlani's dad (Hopkins) around to learn about life. All that was after Pitt and Forlani met at a coffee shop and then later, while his body was occupied by the GR, Pitt and Forlani had sex.

Ok what was death’s ultimate goal? Just to experience what it’s like to be a human being? 

I just found it bizarre that Brad Pitt’s body’s original host (that was weird to type) returned after Death and Hopkins cross the bridge (to represent the afterlife?)

13 minutes ago, Blanton said:

Ok what was death’s ultimate goal? Just to experience what it’s like to be a human being? 

I just found it bizarre that Brad Pitt’s body’s original host (that was weird to type) returned after Death and Hopkins cross the bridge (to represent the afterlife?)

That's what I got out of it.  IIRC, in the early scene with Hopkins Death explains that he wants time with Hopkins to experience what it means to alive, and I suppose, human, and in return Hopkins gets to live a bit longer.

Yes, Pitt coming back to life at the end was a huge stretch.  He surely was killed in the accident after the coffee shop, but he's good as new after Death gets his body after several days.  I guess we are supposed to believe that Death can heal his body if he chooses.

4 hours ago, HouTex said:

That's what I got out of it.  IIRC, in the early scene with Hopkins Death explains that he wants time with Hopkins to experience what it means to alive, and I suppose, human, and in return Hopkins gets to live a bit longer.

Yes, Pitt coming back to life at the end was a huge stretch.  He surely was killed in the accident after the coffee shop, but he's good as new after Death gets his body after several days.  I guess we are supposed to believe that Death can heal his body if he chooses.

They should have used the Heaven Can Wait method.

On 10/25/2018 at 6:32 PM, DougO said:

They should have used the Heaven Can Wait method.

That movie’s end was bullshit too. Joe wasn’t supposed to die, fought through a bunch of shit, much of which was the heaven’s agents’ faults, and when he finally lands in ultimate body they strip his memory from him, effectively deleting the soul of Joe Pendleton from existence. Should have let old boy keep his memory. 

• 5 years later...