11/04 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #15

The Tower

15 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I did not like that shit either, but they took the penalties for it and taking shit like that comes with being "Texas"

the easy way to stop it is to beat them...

and the alternative is to see OUsucks win the conference again and I realize most on here are not all about "conference", but I would rather see a Big 12 team in the playoffs Vs hearing the "left out" bullshit again and worse yet seeing ND in there or two fucking teams from the SEC SEC SEC or Big 10......fuck that shit

Any alternative is better than seeing OU in the playoffs.

Well maybe except Aggy in the playoffs...bwahaha.

18 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I did not like that shit either, but they took the penalties for it and taking shit like that comes with being "Texas"

and the alternative is to see OUsucks win the conference again and I realize most on here are not all about "conference", but I would rather see a Big 12 team in the playoffs Vs hearing the "left out" bullshit again and worse yet seeing ND in there or two fucking teams from the SEC SEC SEC or Big 10......fuck that shit

i'd much rather wvu win out (regular season), texas win out, texas wins the rematch and ou fucks off.

• Like 6

Will Grier could have planted a their flag midfield and I'd still rather see WVU win the conference than OU. My preference, of course, is for both Texas and West Virginia to win out and get another shot at them, but unfortunately I think OU wins in Morgantown.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Will Grier could have planted a their flag midfield and I'd still rather see WVU win the conference than OU. My preference, of course, is for both Texas and West Virginia to win out and get another shot at them, but unfortunately I think OU wins in Morgantown.

meh, it's probably another whoever has the ball last wins game.  not sure why you'd think ou had anything better than a 50/50 shot in morgantown.  

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

OU needs to lose to either OkState, or Kansas plus WVU for Texas to get a rematch with WVU.....highly unlikely is is nice to wish for, but highly unlikely

1 minute ago, ButtFumble said:

but with OkState, Kansas and WVU left for OU it is highly unlikely they lose 2 of those 3 to get Texas in a rematch with WVU for the CCG

if texas and wvu win out, wvu will have one conference loss and texas and ou will have 2.  texas goes due to head to head.

• Like 1

OU needs to lose to either OkState, or Kansas plus WVU for Texas to get a rematch with WVU.....highly unlikely is is nice to wish for, but highly unlikely
In the event that Texas wins out (big enough reach already, I realize), that is 7-2 in the league. If WVU and OU win out through their game they each go in at 7-1. Winner is #1 seed at 8-1. If OU loses, Texas is #2 based on head to head over OU because both are 7-2. If WVU loses they are #2 based on head to head over Texas with both at 7-2.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

In the event that Texas wins out (big enough reach already, I realize), that is 7-2 in the league. If WVU and OU win out through their game they each go in at 7-1. Winner is #1 seed at 8-1. If OU loses, Texas is #2 based on head to head over OU because both are 7-2. If WVU loses they are #2 based on head to head over Texas with both at 7-2.

fuck you are correct I forgot the 3rd loss for Texas was fucking Maryland

my mistake

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

i think we should be around 20-25.  won't complain that we are at 15.  this was a tough loss to swallow, but the media saw a Texas team go down to the wire with a top 10 WVU team and lost on a last minute play.... not a bad loss in their eyes.  3 years ago, that team is up on Texas 21-0 in the first quarter.

it's Bama and then everyone else and it will be that way as long as Saban is cherry picking 5 star after 5 star.  If there was ever a college football all-star team, bama has become that.  i though UGA would start to push bama with the way they recruited last year, but they've taken a big step back after losing so much talent last year.  saban needs to go ahead and retire.  it's made college football boring when you know who will win it every fucking year.

Saban quote on coaching in the NFL vs College. 

Each year in the NFL I get one first round draft pick. In college I get 5-6

or something thereabouts 

4 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I can't see OU losing any other game than WVU. We fucked ourselves. From sitting at #6 or whatever and legit playoff talk to now needing a miracle to even get into the Big 12 game. Fuck.

texas winning out and ou losing @ west virginia is not some miracle scenario.

...you stupid sack of shit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't see OU losing any other game than WVU. We fucked ourselves. From sitting at #6 or whatever and legit playoff talk to now needing a miracle to even get into the Big 12 game. Fuck.

OSU is a mess but we know as well as anyone that their A game is good. There is always a nonzero chance of an upset in a rivalry game like that.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

OSU is a mess but we know as well as anyone that their A game is good. There is always a nonzero chance of an upset in a rivalry game like that.

Sure, weird things happen in rivalry games, but OSU has beaten OU just twice in the last 15 years. 

2-13 record.

I just don’t get the analysis of how ND had to go the road at a tough Northwestern team? What is that? Half the Big12 could put 50 on Northwestern.

And Michigan? Ok, they supposedly have a good defense, but who have they played that has an offense that you would want? Hell, the shitty ND QB beat em before the went with Ian Book.

Then Georgia blows its wad against LSU, which scored zero points against Bama? How good are the really?

23 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

We have many more #12 and #13 votes than I would have expected.

We are approaching the point in the season where voters and fans have a pretty good handle on who’s who. We might not be the #6 team in the country, but our two recent losses weren’t fraudulent either.

in other words, there aren’t many teams with better records than us and of the other three loss teams, who should be in front of us?

EDIT:That said, I’m surprised too. 

Edited by crimsonlonghorn

1 hour ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

Remaining Schedules and Predictions

OU Sucks

OSU W

KU W

@ WVA L

WVA

TCU W

@ OSU W (possible upset)

OU W

UT

@ Tech W

ISU W

@ KU W

The above scenario leads to a UT WVA championship game. However @ Tech is a toss up. If Tech wins, it's a OU Sucks WVA for the 🏆

Unless ISU wins out and mobilehoma beats WV

6 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Unless ISU wins out and mobilehoma beats WV

Iowa State has scheduled Incarnate Word on December 1, same day as the Big 12 CCGame, due to cancelling their home game against South Dakota State on 9/1/18 because of lightning. 

Edited by NowThis

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

Iowa State has scheduled Incarnate Word on December 1, same day as the Big 12 CCGame, due to cancelling their home game against South Dakota State on 9/1/18 because of lightning. 

Their remaining games are rapey, UT and KSU, then incarnate word if they don't make CCG  

they likely beat Baylor and KSU, so it's down to beating us and WVU dropping a game   They don't control their destiny but are in the best position of the needing help teams   We have to win out and hope for a WV win against OU or for WV to drop 2 games   

They need to win out with an easier schedule and hope for WV to drop 1.

3 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

We over here talking about winning out after giving up 1100 yards in 2 weeks lol.   Our saving grace is we all the sudden became an offensive machine while simultaneously shitting our pants on defense.  But a fan can dream 

Kansas will be an easy win. We should beat Iowa St at home. Won't be a gimme but about a 10pt win. Texas Tech is going to be very tough, though.

I’m not sold in Iowa State win.  Yes transitive property doesn’t work. But seeing them trounce WVU and then watching WVU walk all over teams we struggled with and us  I see us going 1-2 over final 3 a real possibility.  Everyone seems to love to have heisman games against us