11/04 AP Top 25 Poll... Texas is #15

The Tower

Rank Trend Team Conference Record Points Game scores Share
1 - Alabama Alabama SEC 9-0 1,500(60) @ LSU W 29-0 Share
2 - Clemson Clemson ACC 9-0 1,435 vs Louisville W 77-16 Share
3 - Notre Dame Notre Dame Division I FBS Ind 9-0 1,381 @ Northwestern W 31-21 Share
4 1 Michigan Michigan Big Ten 8-1 1,304 vs Penn State W 42-7 Share
5 1 Georgia Georgia SEC 8-1 1,263 @ Kentucky W 34-17 Share
6 1  Oklahoma Big 12 8-1 1,181 @ Texas Tech W 51-46 Share
7 5 West Virginia West Virginia Big 12 7-1 1,065 @ Texas W 42-41 Share
8 - Ohio State Ohio State Big Ten 8-1 1,025 vs Nebraska W 36-31 Share
9 5 LSU LSU SEC 7-2 1,020 vs Alabama L 29-0 Share
10 - Washington State Washington State Pac-12 8-1 1,010 vs California W 19-13 Share
11 2 UCF UCF The American 8-0 1,001 vs Temple W 52-40 Share
12 1 Kentucky Kentucky SEC 7-2 780 vs Georgia L 34-17 Share
13 9 Syracuse Syracuse ACC 7-2 624 @ Wake Forest W 41-24 Share
14 4 Utah State Utah State Mountain West 8-1 586 @ Hawaii W 56-17 Share
15 - Texas Texas Big 12 6-3 559 vs West Virginia L 42-41 Share
16 4 Fresno State Fresno State Mountain West 8-1 506 @ UNLV W 48-3 Share
17 7 Boston College Boston College ACC 7-2 490 @ Virginia Tech W 31-21 Share
18 3  Mississippi State SEC 6-3 486 vs Louisiana Tech W 45-3 Share
19 6 Florida Florida SEC 6-3 400 vs Missouri L 38-17 Share
20 - Washington Washington Pac-12 7-3 342 vs Stanford W 27-23 Share
21 7 Penn State Penn State Big Ten 6-3 278 @ Michigan L 42-7 Share
22 -  North Carolina State ACC 6-2 264 vs Florida State W 47-28 Share
23 - Iowa State Iowa State Big 12 5-3 230 @ Kansas W 27-3 Share
24 - Michigan State Michigan State Big Ten 6-3 215 @ Maryland W 24-3 Share
25 - Cincinnati Cincinnati The American 8-1 141 vs Navy W 42-0 Share

Others Receiving Votes:
Others receiving votes:Utah 110, Auburn 93, Wisconsin 37, Army 32, UAB 31, Northwestern 28, Iowa 17, Boise St. 15, Purdue 14, Buffalo 11, Oregon 9, San Diego St. 5, Duke 4, Texas A&M 3, Houston 3, Texas Tech 2.

• Like 1

weird how there are so few 2 loss teams.  we are probably getting some credit for losing really close games.  Plus the AP doesn't have to suck the SEC's dick like everyone else.

of the teams below us I think we would give anyone a game.  it isn't obvious someone is really better.

I've been trying to watch WSU play, they are fun to watch though last night was a little boring for them.  Menschew is really good, but man does he have happy feet.  

They would beat tOSU, WV, domer and OU (over would be 150).  Don't think they would hang with big defenses like Bama, Clemson, UM, or even LSU, though they might just beat UGA. Best offensive mind in CFB in my opinion, and he's even playing good defense though woefully undersized.  

i think we should be around 20-25.  won't complain that we are at 15.  this was a tough loss to swallow, but the media saw a Texas team go down to the wire with a top 10 WVU team and lost on a last minute play.... not a bad loss in their eyes.  3 years ago, that team is up on Texas 21-0 in the first quarter.

it's Bama and then everyone else and it will be that way as long as Saban is cherry picking 5 star after 5 star.  If there was ever a college football all-star team, bama has become that.  i though UGA would start to push bama with the way they recruited last year, but they've taken a big step back after losing so much talent last year.  saban needs to go ahead and retire.  it's made college football boring when you know who will win it every fucking year.

• Like 1

I honestly think OU has the offense to keep up with Bama. That would be a fun matchup. Remember, Bama plays SEC offenses who play 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Spread them out and keep them on their heels.

ND nor Michigan has the offense to keep up with Bama. They will eat them alive.

The gut reaction to seeing #15 by Texas is "lolololol wut," but then you look at the list. From about 12 down, I would probably take Texas head to head, even given the issues that have been exploited the past couple weeks. Honestly, this is a garbage year for college football.

Edit: Would also pick Texas over #6 because OU sucks.

Edited by gmr548
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

not sure why anyone expected a big fall in the rankings for texas.  losing by 1 on a last second TD + two point conversion to a higher ranked team shouldn't result in a big rankings drop.

And there were a ton of ranked losses yesterday. That’s the main reason nothing changed.

21 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

I honestly think OU has the offense to keep up with Bama. That would be a fun matchup. Remember, Bama plays SEC offenses who play 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Spread them out and keep them on their heels.

Perhaps, but the idea of Tua against the OU secondary is the lulz....

I did not like that shit either, but they took the penalties for it and taking shit like that comes with being "Texas"

the easy way to stop it is to beat them...

and the alternative is to see OUsucks win the conference again and I realize most on here are not all about "conference", but I would rather see a Big 12 team in the playoffs Vs hearing the "left out" bullshit again and worse yet seeing ND in there or two fucking teams from the SEC SEC SEC or Big 10......fuck that shit

2 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

Also does that include Kurt bolls voting us 124th?

He actually voted us 19th, which I think is reasonable.  He had the ballot with the third most extreme picks on it, and ours was not one of them.  The ballot with the second most extreme picks was some douche from lubBock who gave aggy their sole vote at 23rd.