Official Surly - Texas at Texas Tech Game Thread

Vertigo

2 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

If we use the clock at the end of the first half this game was over.

if our defense was any good this game would have been over.

Thank goodness for Sam and L Jordan Humphrey who is better than every receiver on the Dallas Cowboys roster.

The end.

Yeah, I thought not running down the clock at the end of the first half and the resulting TT field goal would sink us.  Not Mensa-like game management by Herman.  Pretty sure we had all 3 timeouts, so it wasn't like we were going to run out of clock had we taken our time.

Edited by OU Sucks

A win on the road is good. Moving our floor up to 8 wins is good. However, this still leaves such a bad taste in the mouth.

The defense is beyond bad. People will point to needing to recruit dominant DL, but this is much more structural than talent. Orlando's insistence on solely rushing 3 and dropping 8 has hurt us so much as the DL is nowhere near good enough and the back 7 can't cover that well. He was known to draw up exotic blitzes, but those are seldom seen nowadays. I have no faith that he will do anything to change this as he's been extremely stubborn in his play calls these past three games. 

1 minute ago, GabrielsHorn said:

A win on the road is good. Moving our floor up to 8 wins is good. However, this still leaves such a bad taste in the mouth.

The defense is beyond bad. People will point to needing to recruit dominant DL, but this is much more structural than talent. Orlando's insistence on solely rushing 3 and dropping 8 has hurt us so much as the DL is nowhere near good enough and the back 7 can't cover that well. He was known to draw up exotic blitzes, but those are seldom seen nowadays. I have no faith that he will do anything to change this as he's been extremely stubborn in his play calls these past three games. 

Rushing 3 against an open spread (consistently) against a team whose QB has legs is going to cost you a lot of stops.

Looking back, gdgd wasn’t that bad all things considered. 

GDGD was the gift that kept on giving. To this day, Buechele and Ehlinger dont redshirt because he under-recruited the position. Dpnt get me started on the offensive line. Stunted the offense for years.

2010 and his Iowa stint should have put all this bullshit to rest.