Official Surly - Texas at Texas Tech Game Thread

Vertigo

7 minutes ago, SpiralOut said:

How many points would Oklahoma put on this defense now?  100? 

Jet fucking Duffy looked like a Heisman candidate tonight.  Jet fucking Duffy. 

Thank God for Sam and LJH. 

Well considering they played literally a week ago in Lubbock I can say with confidence the answer is 51.

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Enjoy this win. We are going to win at least 8 games. Something we have not done since 2013.

Also enjoy the win because with all of the injuries next week’s matchup is going to be, not as fun. 

Iowa State’s RB is probably shelved next week. He’s a good part of their offense.

5 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

This was the 10 year anniversary of the Crabtree play and apparently they made a big pre game deal celebrating everyone involved. It was awesome to win tonight the same way. 

Oh shit, that is awesome!  Now any time they show that Crabtree shit on Espin, they have to show tonight as well

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Enjoy this win. We are going to win at least 8 games. Something we have not done since 2013.

Also enjoy the win because with all of the injuries next week’s matchup is going to be, not as fun. 

If we were to somehow pull out a win next week, 10 wins is looking promising, which is damn good under the circumstances.

1 minute ago, UTEX_ME said:

Montgomery out the first half no?

They have this freshman that I suspect will look like a Doak Walker award winner by halftime. Not to mention their QB is actually good. Not pretend good by virtue of playing our defense but actually really good. 

We have a 5-point, a 3-point, and a 1-point loss.  Beat ISU and we've got a very good chance of finishing 10-3. Accomplished with a team thin on defense from injuries.  Should do great in recruiting.  
All things considered, the future looks good. 

Unfortunately, I don't see the D getting appreciably better next year. Hope I'm wrong.