ISU @ Texas 7PM on LHN

horn_of_the_morning

29 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you manage to post here, you more than likely have a device that will run the PVue app. Get Armybrat to help you.

I tried but he doesn't know how to place the Vue app on my television. my TV is almost like a square. will that be a problem?

26 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

I tried but he doesn't know how to place the Vue app on my television. my TV is almost like a square. will that be a problem?

Assuming your TV is not a Smart TV:

1)Take pictures of front and back of TV where all input/outputs are.

2) Write down TV info:   type & model# 

3) Take pictures & TV info to BestBuy, ask for help and buy Roku device that's best fits your TV setup. ($35- $50)

4) Ask salesperson what additional hookups you might also need (HDMI, AV cords).  If you buy them, don't open unless needed, because you can return if not needed.  

5) After hooking up Roku device, log into Roku website to register.  Open PSVue app, may need to set up acct on PSVue website..... then your up and running.

Lots of Youtube videos, and how to videos on Roku website...

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Saw this article to help folks find ways to watch Saturday's ISU game....

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/11/14/18095870/texas-longhorns-iowa-state-cyclones-longhorn-network-channels-carriers-streaming

Streaming providers

Sony Playstation Vue:

• TX/OK: Second Package
  • AR, LA, NM: Third Package
  • National: Sports Package

DirecTV Now:

• TX: Second Package

Satellite packages

• Dish Network (Channel 407)

• America’s Everything
  • America’s Top 120 Plus
  • America’s Top 200
  • America’s Top 250
  • DIRECTV (Channel 677)

• Direct TV Sports Pack
  • Other carriers of the Longhorn Network include:

• AT&T U-Verse
  • Charter Spectrum
  • Cox
  • Frontier Communications
  • Google Fiber
  • Suddenlink
  • Verizon Fios
  • Full list available here
Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Newy25 said:

If you are out of Texas it is very hard to watch. 

Fuck this stupid network and the people who came up with it. 

I like UT baseball, so I totally disagree with this take.  If you like any of the other sports, LHN is great.  I like the revenue that it produces for the school, and I’ve always thought it could be a wonderful tool in the right hands.  Hopefully, CDC & Herman will be good stewards.  

Certainly it is more beneficial to some users than others due to geography, but that shouldn’t be the point.  I live in DFW and have season tickets for Football and even baseball (despite LHN televising all home games).  I just want UT to be as successful as possible and think you have to be a little crazy to think the network is a liability.  Steve Patterson was a liability.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

Go to R/cfbstreams on Reddit 

go 15-30 mins before the game

look through the 6-8 available 

make sure you are running an ad blocker for your browser (like Adblock plus)

and your done...

No - you aren't. Maybe you get lucky but I have had some horrendous streams in trying to watch LHN on cfb (if there are streams at all). Since it's a ranked matchup I would assume it should be better than normal but (as I already told someone in this thread) I would ensure you have a backup plan. 

the funny thing is this shit should have been happening more often over the last 6 years but because we sucked no one bitched about it.  

LHN is awesome.  24 hour infomercial for Texas and especially the tier 3 sports.  it would be nice if our basketball team got back to not sucking as well.  it's fantanstic for baseball fans.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the funny thing is this shit should have been happening more often over the last 6 years but because we sucked no one bitched about it.  

LHN is awesome.  24 hour infomercial for Texas and especially the tier 3 sports.  it would be nice if our basketball team got back to not sucking as well.  it's fantanstic for baseball fans.

Concur wholeheartedly.  Pos rep given.

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

It's also laughable and pathetic how some people refuse to go to a bar to watch games. It's fun!

Or just move to Texas where you can get it on basic cable and not live in some other shithole state.

Edited by JBJ
  • Like 1

IT team notes

It seems only yesterday we were going through the wide range of emotions over a wild class of 2015 recruiting cycle, but today we're sending them off and thanking them for their blood, sweat, tears, and patience. They arrived in Austin with higher hopes than you had and were let down by a change in head coaches; some of that failure theirs to own. That's a consequence of what they sign up for, but not what they signed up for. Props to this group for sticking things out and helping the program take the necessary steps out of a thick fog. We never heard about bad apples or malcontents. They bought into the new staff and are being rewarded with a good season. Some will be rewarded with much more in a few months.

TEAM

While the season has been rewarding in many ways thus far, there's still a lot of meat left on the bone. With Saturday night comes a huge game versus a good Iowa State team. An undefeated Iowa State team since Matt Campbell found his multiplier.

Styles make fights and this one is going to require a strong chin. Texas has demonstrated to have that throughout the Herman tenure, but unfortunately the team lets its guard down all to frequently for us to see it.

UT is the talented version of Iowa State. Iowa State is the disciplined version of Texas. For Texas to win, it will have to be more like Iowa State and that was a huge point of emphasis, even it if wasn't stated to the team in those exact terms.

Per numerous accounts, the team had its best week of practice in a long time, maybe even the whole season. I often take that with a grain of salt because I've been doing this a long time and I've seen teams with poor weeks of practice dominate on Saturdays and vice versa.

"The team was very focused. Tons of energy and effort. Orlando was on the defense hard all week, non-stop, and they responded. They spent a ton of time doing tackling drills, but only scrimmaged briefly early in the week. The team is pretty banged up."

I asked if the emotion of senior night will play a part in the team's performance. I left out the stat of being 1-7 in the last 8 senior nights. Nobody near the program needs to know that stat.

"It's going to be very emotional for the whole team, not just the seniors. That group is liked and respected by the whole team. There's going to be a lot tears in the locker-room."

Playing with emotion is optimal in football, but you have stay under control. This team loses discipline too frequently. I asked about that.

"Lots of focus on fundamentals this week beyond the tackling. Play your keys, don't lose your eyes. They're going to play action, worry about your assignment. Don't bite. The quarterback is going to use hard counts, stay on-side. He's going to pump fake, stay on your feet and hit him."

The quarterback is good.

"He is good but they do a good job of getting guys open for him. They'll have a trick or two for covering Hakeem Butler. We'll see if it works. That guy is good."

What about their o-line?

"Kind of like UT's but not as good. They do their job and know their assignments, but they lack talent. The d-line should have a good game."

The injury report will play a big role in this game. Guys playing don't mean they're 100%.

Brandon Jones: He's going to try and give it a go, but he's not moving all that great. He did practice a little this week. It'll be a Saturday decision.

Collin Johnson: He's in and had a pretty good week. Having him back is pretty big.

Davante Davis: Good to go. Again, that's big. Good chance he draws Butler a bunch of times.

Josh Thompson: He's out. His ankle just isn't responding to treatment as quickly as they'd like.

Keaontay Ingram: He's back to being 80-90% after the cheap shot he took last week.

Guys like Breckyn Hager, Gary Johnson, Caden Sterns will all play, but they're not at full strength.

With the uncertainty to Jones, guys cross-trained all over in the secondary. PJ was probably the best nickel, but Foster also worked there some, as did Chris Brown. Brown and Foster also worked at boundary safety. If Jones can't go it will be interesting to see what they do with Josh Thompson out (ankle).

Not much new on the offense. They know they have to play very well and score touchdowns not field goals. They have to run the ball better than they did last week. I asked if Calvin Anderson was hurt and heard, "just the accumulation of the season. He's pretty banged up but not hurt (injured)."

Miscellany:

-- For the first time this season Jalen Green had a better week than Anthony Cook. I don't think that means anything for this week but something to file away as the off-season nears.

-- I asked how Kris Boyd looked. "He always looks good in practice. Then he loses his mind in games. Those bad plays on the ball...those don't happen in practice."

-- Marqez Bimage had shoulder surgery this past week. He'll be back to light duty in two months and hopefully full strength by the end of spring ball.

-- I asked about Patrick Hudson. There is zero talk of him giving up football. In fact all I've heard about is him trying to get a 6th year and go to graduate school. I still have concerns over him long-term, but no doctor am I.

17 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Watching a bit of tonight’s ESPN College Football Countdown, and Joey Galloway had plenty to say about ISU, nada about us. Sounds like we have no chance.

I saw the same thing.  You would have thought Brock Purdy was going to win the Heisman  and was on Mel Kiper's top five NFL draft picks list with all the slobbering Galloway did during the segment.  Not a fricken word about Sam, LJ, etc.    Hell other than the Longhorn logo being shown at the opening of the segment, you wouldn't have even known ISU was playing Texas.  

what i think is funny is all the dipshits waiting until right before kickoff to bitch about not having lhn.   do you know how many awesome baseball games you've missed?  volleyball?  mens' basketball, womens basketball, soccer, swimming and diving, track and field, cactus cafe, longhorn legends?   and now you're going to bitch about not having lhn?

as for the game, you know you're soft on defense, or have a soft reputation, when teams every week go for it on 4th down against you.  and the worse part is they make it.  we've given up 500 yds of offense in 4 out of our last 5 games.  worst.defense.ever.  worse than the d that got manny fired, worse than the d that got mackovic fired.  we've got to get some fucking stops or even kansas is gonna roll on us.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thrillhammer said:

what i think is funny is all the dipshits waiting until right before kickoff to bitch about not having lhn.   do you know how many awesome baseball games you've missed?  volleyball?  mens' basketball, womens basketball, soccer, swimming and diving, track and field, cactus cafe, longhorn legends?   and now you're going to bitch about not having lhn?

as for the game, you know you're soft on defense, or have a soft reputation, when teams every week go for it on 4th down against you.  and the worse part is they make it.  we've given up 500 yds of offense in 4 out of our last 5 games.  worst.defense.ever.  worse than the d that got manny fired, worse than the d that got mackovic fired.  we've got to get some fucking stops or even kansas is gonna roll on us.

These are just weird takes all the way around. 

Of course people on a football board are going to bitch about not having LHN when a top 25 game of football is being played only on LHN. Never in my life have I watched a womens soccer game on LHN, nor do I care to. 

As far as 4th downs go, we have stopped a bunch and it is just the nature of the teams we play. The air raid teams are always aggressive on 4th down regardless of who they play. We have had one or two bad game on 4th but we have also played all air raid teams the last half of the season.  

20 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Watching a bit of tonight’s ESPN College Football Countdown, and Joey Galloway had plenty to say about ISU, nada about us. Sounds like we have no chance.

He also said that USC was going to boat race us last year. It's amazing how little the ESPN guys actually know about the sport they cover.