ISU @ Texas 7PM on LHN

horn_of_the_morning

Incredibly, this game has much more significance in the conference race than any other game we have played to date.  ISU is playing for a CCG berth.  The winner of this game will decide who the winner of the WVU/OU game could play in the CCG.

This is going to be a straight dog fight.  ISU is a very, very good team and they will punish us for any mistake we make.  We need to keep playing mistake free offense and have our defense be better than they have been.  Stadium atmosphere should be rocking.

Incredibly, this game has much more significance in the conference race than any other game we have played to date.  ISU is playing for a CCG berth.  The winner of this game will decide who the winner of the WVU/OU game could play in the CCG.

This is going to be a straight dog fight.  ISU is a very, very good team and they will punish us for any mistake we make.  We need to keep playing mistake free offense and have our defense be better than they have been.  Stadium atmosphere should be rocking.
You're partially correct.
If OU beats WV then those 2 will play a rematch the following week for the CC, rendering our matchup with ISU irrelevant.

Extremely curious to see this line.  We absolutely can win this game, and so can you.

I’m thinking UT -2.5.  I don’t see this being more than a 1 score game.

Optimistic:  we control the tempo, and pressure/confuse Ehlinger into a couple turnovers.  We stay on top in a generally tight game, and don’t make any big mistakes.  Win a 28-24 type game.

Pessimistic: we can’t contain your pass game, and get into a shoot out scenario, where every possession is crucial.  Special teams mistakes either lead to direct Texas points, or leave points on the table for us. UT 42 ISU 38

Edited by Al_4_ISU

56 minutes ago, Whatever said:

You're partially correct.
If OU beats WV then those 2 will play a rematch the following week for the CC, rendering our matchup with ISU irrelevant.

But ISU has tiebreaker against WVU.  So if ISU beats us, a 2 Loss ISU team goes in over a 2 loss WVU team.

8 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This game is so hard to get a handle on.  We've looked good against teams that have beaten you and vice versa.

My feeling isn't great.  Lost in the shuffle of our recent success is how terrible our special teams are.  We're going to lose a game due to it.  Could easily be this one,

The old reverse jinx post. I’m on to you asshole. 

Good day sir 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Did I see that Iowa State has Incarnate Word on their schedule on Dec 1?!!!

Wow, I didn't even know Incarnate Word had a football team? The Mighty... 

umm.. what are they?

Incarnate Word Cardinals clinches share of Southland Conference title 

CONWAY, Ark. -- Ra'Quanne Dickens ran 35 times for 213 yards and three touchdowns and Incarnate Word clinched a share of the Southland Conference title Saturday night with a 40-27 win over Central Arkansas.

Edited by LTtxfan

This will be the toughest win since OU.  And by far the best defense we have faced/will face all year.  ISU's on a 5-game streak themselves.   This is going to test the offense like no other game, maybe even the bowl we're going to.
I don't see us winning this one right now.  But maybe they can actually rally for their best game of the year.

38 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Did I see that Iowa State has Incarnate Word on their schedule on Dec 1?!!!

Wow, I didn't even know Incarnate Word had a football team? The Mighty... 

umm.. what are they?

It's a replacement for the first game of the season which was played for about 5 minutes then cancelled due to lightning.  So ISU had to scramble to get another team scheduled.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, taybo20 said:

I’m gonna make a voodoo doll of Brock purdy

I assume you already made a Montgomery edition.

In all seriousness, one of my concerns is that Purdy will come back to earth at some point.  This will be, without question, his hardest test from an atmosphere environment.  His only road games were in front of a so/so crowd in Stillwater, and the KU game where our fans outnumbered theirs.  I don't think he shits the bed, but it's a big test for a true freshman.  

Edited by Al_4_ISU

2 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I assume you already made a Montgomery edition.

To be honest, I’m nervous for the 2nd half when he comes in juiced and ready to go. The defense will already be worn down, and will be allowing gaping holes to let a fresh Montgomery just run wild. It will be a true tale of two halves I think.

Edited by taybo20

14 hours ago, taybo20 said:

We have to have 2 games per year on LHN, and they have to be home games. 

It seems like it would be in the best interest of both parties in the contract to agree to have it simulcast on one of the other channels as well.  Looking at http://www.gameviewingguide.com/ it looks like that timeslot is free on ESPN News.  I'm sure not everyone gets that but its likely carried by more packages than LHN.  I'm on YouTube TV so no LHN for me.  For the Spring game I did that PSVue 1 week free thing.  For the early season game on LHN I borrowed a buddies Spectrum account who was at the game, and streamed it.  I guess I will have to go that route again.

14 hours ago, Al_4_ISU said:

This game is so hard to get a handle on.  We've looked good against teams that have beaten you and vice versa.

My feeling isn't great.  Lost in the shuffle of our recent success is how terrible our special teams are.  We're going to lose a game due to it.  Could easily be this one,

Ban this man for a week, lest his reverse jinx takes hold. 

11 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I just can't see UT losing this. At the end of the day, it's still ISU. No matter how good a year they're having, ISU is just one of those schools we pretty much always beat easily. Charlie Strong even beat them twice. 

And it isn’t Halloween