Deja Vu for Tech 10 Years Later!

Vic Mackey

1 minute ago, housious said:

They didn’t have a safety in perfect position to make a tackle.

I’m still bitter.

Yeah...but I am still MORE bitter about the previous play. I hate that game so much. It was Oklahoma's greatest victory.

Edited by Valmy77

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

4 wide and each staggered exactly the same!.  RB in next to the shotgun. It's amazing. Sometimes sports crosses the supernatural threshold.

Time, Tech's campus, and tortillas are all flat circles. Coincidence?

...I think not.

(Pancakes at Denny's are also flat circles, but they don't start with at T, so in sum, fuck Gideon).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Helobious said:

The '08 game had... somewhat higher stakes. I'd trade a loss tonight for a win in that one in a heartbeat. 

The only thing that ever could be done about '08 is a return of the favor. And let's face it, Tech is never going to be that good ever again.

Just now, GhostOfTomJoad said:

No one is saying LJH is in Crabtree's stratosphere, slorch. But the similarities between the 2 plays are unmistakable. Take your butthurt somewhere else.

Not butthurt.

I like LJH.

Just now, GhostOfTomJoad said:

And yet in this thread & the game thread within minutes you've posted two swipes at LJH basically saying he doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as your Crabby. But totally not butthurt or nothing. Gotcha.

LJH says its his corner...for one fucking catch?  in the other thread.

Just needed a wee bit of calibration with that.

Oh for fuck's sake. Did he plant a flag in the end zone? Jump around & pound on his chest after the score? No.  He's a kid who just scored the game winning TD in spectacular fashion. The reporter asked him if he knew the significance of that spot. He even chuckled after claiming it was "LJ's corner now." I don't think his harmless little comment is going to change the Official Commemorative Status of Michael Crabtree's Super Duper Game Winning End Zone Corner.

5 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Your cunt qb shouldn’t have done the horns down and talked a bunch of shit on twatter.

Unless it was Bowman, IDGAF what the other 2 guys did.  About whom are you speaking?

1 minute ago, slorch said:

In all seriousness, I'm surprised you even watched the game...

Oooh, is that a Twilight burn?!? Never stop being you, slorch.

I watched it at my local pub with a bunch of friends, including a rabid Tech fan. He didn't go to any college but no one calls him a t-shirt fan or gives him any crap for his fandom. CSB, immediately after the game some old lady that no one had seen before sticks her face into our circle of 10 or so as we celebrated and starts asking "what year did you drop out of tu" and "when did you buy your t-shirt?" She then proudly told us that she graduated from Tech in '78. 

None of us knew her from Adam. And except for our youngTech fan friend we range in age from mid 40s to mid 70s. Nobody was talking shit in our Cedar Park bar that is a heavy Longhorn bar. But this old hag decided to go all aggy on a group of random, middle-aged strangers. When she discovered that I was the only Texas alum (others graduated from Ohio, Florida, Midwestern State & North-freaking-Dakota) she says "oh, well I guess you can celebrate then."

We laughed in her face & our oldest friend said "thanks for giving him permission."

2 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Oooh, is that a Twilight burn?!? Never stop being you, slorch.

I watched it at my local pub with a bunch of friends, including a rabid Tech fan. He didn't go to any college but no one calls him a t-shirt fan or gives him any crap for his fandom. CSB, immediately after the game some old lady that no one had seen before sticks her face into our circle of 10 or so as we celebrated and starts asking "what year did you drop out of tu" and "when did you buy your t-shirt?" She then proudly told us that she graduated from Tech in '78. 

None of us knew her from Adam. And except for our youngTech fan friend we range in age from mid 40s to mid 70s. Nobody was talking shit in our Cedar Park bar that is a heavy Longhorn bar. But this old hag decided to go all aggy on a group of random, middle-aged strangers. When she discovered that I was the only Texas alum (others graduated from Ohio, Florida, Midwestern State & North-freaking-Dakota) she says "oh, well I guess you can celebrate then."

We laughed in her face & our oldest friend said "thanks for giving him permission."

so she was right about the other Horn fans with you, eh?

and regarding Twilight, fuck yes, you're the dumbass who told us, and no, you should never, ever, ever, ever be off the hook for that.

Edited by slorch

Yeah, it's totally normal for a random 60-something tech grad to interrupt a group of people cheering in a bar asking to verify their credentials & then pass judgement on who is "allowed' to celebrate a victory. We didn't bother to ask her if our friend was allowed to root for Tech given his lack of diploma.

Never, ever, ever, ever, huh? Well, it's a good thing I've got a sense of humor & can laugh at myself. Seeing as how I started the whole infamous post almost a decade ago. 

Go wash the sand out of your vag, slorch. You seem extra irritable this morning.

1 hour ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Oh for fuck's sake. Did he plant a flag in the end zone? Jump around & pound on his chest after the score? No.  He's a kid who just scored the game winning TD in spectacular fashion. The reporter asked him if he knew the significance of that spot. He even chuckled after claiming it was "LJ's corner now." I don't think his harmless little comment is going to change the Official Commemorative Status of Michael Crabtree's Super Duper Game Winning End Zone Corner.

No, but he did manage to finish high school fully qualified to play college football. 

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

The only thing that ever could be done about '08 is a return of the favor. And let's face it, Tech is never going to be that good ever again.

Yup, the rest of you keep acting like you can change the past, it is what it is, so let us look forward.

If we do that same thing 100 times in a row I will be happy.

5 minutes ago, linux said:

Yup, the rest of you keep acting like you can change the past, it is what it is, so let us look forward.

If we do that same thing 100 times in a row I will be happy.

Yep. It's obvious this game wasn't on the same magnitude as the game in 2008. But we can't go back and change that outcome. So I will just enjoy this one from last night.

Me too. It was maddening see them replay that whole 08 game highlights during the tv timeouts surrounded by the giddy techsters. 
That made our last TD an added bonus for me.

I was five rows behind our Tubas and couldn’t see the screen. Thank goodness.
  • Like 1