Uniform Pron

JimmyHoffa

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, pepper brooks said:

glad the baseball unis got rid of the black underlay and beveled font.  Reminded my of the aggies beveled T they have had for a while now.  These new baseball unis are pretty much perfect.  Hope they ditched the pin stripes too.  just not our thing. 

Sorry.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Scooter Monzingo said:

I was always partial to some variety of those. I happen to like the pinstripes and the layout. Though I prefer the size and font of “Texas” in this version. It just looks like a baseball uniform should.

B9729-FFA-9-E3-F-4-C66-A37-A-F31-D1-DBDD

The drop shadow is pretty dated looking (and not in a cool retro MLB way) and black isn't a UT color. All about the new version.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

somebody paid some marketing firm big money, and probably two years to come up with that for the Jets.  horrific.  why mess with what was a pretty classic and decent uniform?  It wasn't cool nor ground breaking, but theyre the jets.  boring and irrelevant was befitting that franchise.  now, theyre boring, irrelevant and have uniforms that rival the diamondbacks for terrible.  Okay, theyre not diamondbacks bad, but theres nothing about these that is good.  

Edited by pepper brooks

17 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

somebody paid some marketing firm big money, and probably two years to come up with that for the Jets.  horrific.  why mess with what was a pretty classic and decent uniform?  It wasn't cool nor ground breaking, but theyre the jets.  boring and irrelevant was befitting that franchise.  now, theyre boring, irrelevant and have uniforms that rival the diamondbacks for terrible.  Okay, theyre not diamondbacks bad, but theres nothing about these that is good.  

Nike does them all in-house: here's a peek at the process

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2018/04/04/titans-new-uniforms-nfl-nike-tennessee-nashville-jersey-helmet-amy-adams-strunk-reveal/485926002/

35 minutes ago, pepper brooks said:

I think they're fine.  So they're ugly - who cares? Why not mess with the Jets uniform?  What's the downside?

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

45 minutes ago, texifornia said:

HUGE improvement 

20 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Yeah, @PittsburghTiger should be happy.

Very. I went down to the reveal yesterday. They even had T-Pain there to entertain the kids!

It was such a no-brainer. But leave it to Pitt Athletics to turn the simplest question into an answer about splitting atoms. I was talking to some of the football players and the issue now is wether or not to have helmet stickers. I pulled up a picture of Tony Dorsett and Danny Marino and their helmets had helmet stickers. I told the kids that they should vote yes for helmet stickers.

Maybe the traditional uniforms from when I was a kid are not the greatest, but they are very nice and very distinctive.

Plus, there was never any reason to get away from Script Pitt. Original Script Pitt was based on William Pitt's signature. So why the fuck change that!? Of course, Steve Pedersen did. 

The new numbers are based on what they are calling Cathedral Font, which, if you look at my little picture is based off the Cathedral of Learning. It's the greatest building on campus, and in the city as a whole. It's a bit gimmicky, but I'll allow for that. The kids like it.

• Like 3

When you have a distinct traditional look like Pitt, you should always stick to it. When they are on T.V., I don't have to look to see who is playing because I can recognize their colors and uniform. I'm glad they have gone back to it.