B12 championship tix

wild_turkey

Honest question-can't JerryWorld fit over 100,000 people when needed?  Curious if this will be as well attended as a usual RRS game (~90k) given that there's actually hardware on the line, but it's a morning game in the middle of the 'burbs with nothing fun to do beforehand.  I'm gonna wait for WVU to win tonight, but will probably regret that.  It's an extra $100 a seat likely with OU winning.  But the logistics of getting up and back that day are the real headache.  

Just now, ztejas said:

I live in Dallas and I'd rather watch elsewhere. Fuck Jerryworld for college football. 

Is there something specific about the stadium that makes it awesome for Cowboys football but shitty for college football?  

Is there something specific about the stadium that makes it awesome for Cowboys football but shitty for college football?  
Well it's not even awesome for Cowboys football in my opinion. I've seen every thing there from high school, college and pro. It's a sterile environment. I liked Texas Stadium much better.

2 minutes ago, Lobo said:

The only game I've been there for is 0:01* but I find it hard to believe it's awesome for anything.

2 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

What the hell guys? I did a cell phone flop out at the Tulsa game. 50 yard line. Buncha amateurs. 

To be fair though, you were trying to get a Lime scooter to Scholz's to watch the second half with proper lubrication.  

I don't think they'll drop, they just won't rise.  Think about this, literally the biggest thing we've played for since 2009 has been the Alamo Bowl of 2013, when it rose to the league's #2 bowl slot.  Yes, some OU games have been bigger, but you don't play your way into a RRS Game, it's already on the schedule.  Most we've ever had on the line since 2009 is this game in Arlington in 8 days.  It's gonna be a big crowd and fetch a high price, no matter the opponent.  I want WVU, we'll probably get OKL.  

If OU wins tonight, we're home team.  If WVU wins, we're visitor.  I think they used to alternate by division, but I think it all rebooted last year with the new format.  So I would have to think it's based on highest "seed"    Oklahoma was highest last year and wore home uniforms, but then maybe it was a coin-toss deal earlier in the week.  But you'd think locker rooms and shit need to be settled days in advance for load-in of equipment and all that.

Yeah, my bad.  I just keeping bumping us up one with the tie-breaker which isn't actually a real record.  So yeah, I would think we're Stormtrooper white no matter what.  It appears the visitor side (us, I''m guessing) is the north end of the stadium as you look West-East as the stadium is configured).  So 126-145 on the lower bowl.  

I would have to think that's it.  Again, I don't think we're flipping like we used to in division days, I think it's just better record is home.  

No, I got that impression from a couple other posters.  I've only seen two games there, both UT games, and both a long time ago.  I don't like it but it's where our game is.  I was just inquiring what exactly, so maybe it might influence seat locations or some such shit.  I dunno.  I wouldn't attend an NFL game for free, but if I'm about to drop a lot on Big 12 title tickets, would like any input.  

No, I got that impression from a couple other posters.  I've only seen two games there, both UT games, and both a long time ago.  I don't like it but it's where our game is.  I was just inquiring what exactly, so maybe it might influence seat locations or some such shit.  I dunno.  I wouldn't attend an NFL game for free, but if I'm about to drop a lot on Big 12 title tickets, would like any input.  

Gotcha. I still think you can get in for cheap of you wait. Place is huge. If it's WVU prices will go down.

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Heres what I'll say. It is a marvel of modern engineering. It will take your breath away the first time you walk inside. It's fun and it's loud in the way that Times Square is fun and loud on New Years.

It isn't a particularly great place to watch football. The angles are weird and a lot of them are either too deep or too shallow.

Yes, 'tis a marvel. 

Another pertinent question.  Where is the uber/rideshare dropoff/pickup area at JerryWorld?  Would likely effect our seat selection.  I can't see it on the seat charts online.  

Tickets right now are the allotment that was offered to the general public.  Per the big 12 website:

"Each participating university is allotted approximately 7,000 tickets, which will become available upon qualification for the championship and distributed by the respective participants’ ticket office. Additionally, 1,000 $50 student tickets will be sold only through the participants’ ticket office.

The championship game will feature the two teams that finish the regular season with the highest winning percentage in conference games. The team that finishes first will be designated as the home team and occupy the South bench. "

So there are gonna be a ton of tickets that hit the market Mon-Tuesday when the schools release there allotment.  Hold tight kids.  If WVU wins the market will get crushed.

So Texas on north end?  Figured that.  Rideshare appears to be far NW end of lot areas outside stadium.  Anybody else know different?  May as well sit to the NW or SW if possible.  

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Heres what I'll say. It is a marvel of modern engineering. It will take your breath away the first time you walk inside. It's fun and it's loud in the way that Times Square is fun and loud on New Years.

It isn't a particularly great place to watch football. The angles are weird and a lot of them are either too deep or too shallow.

Good God you’re a whiny pussy about everything. Stay home vagina.

bought tickets last week section 305, taking my son. Gonna be fun.

Please all whiny pussies stay home or go to a bar.