Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Elon claims it's not true.

Do you believe anything - a single word - that Elon says anymore?
I’m serious, does he have ANY credibility left? Elon could tell me that it’s night time, and I’d damn well be sure to go outside and check his statement.
He’s a self-absorbed tech bro narcissist who believes his own bullshit without question. Fuck him.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

This is precisely why I laugh when folks post about how they think only the MAGA-ist of Maga bros are the only ones talking about off-ramps for Putin and US fault and over-stressing of nuclear things, etc.   some techies that I talk to quite frequently are uttering the same exact gibberish and and they are as left as left can be.  It’s like running a fucking  across a giant floor of spilled sugar.  Always grains left on the outside.  

If you'd care to expound further on this we can go to CR. I too have had problems with certain members of my own left. 

Wellman made a show of blocking Tracey. 

And I'll leave it there. Open invitation.

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Do you believe anything - a single word - that Elon says anymore?
I’m serious, does he have ANY credibility left? Elon could tell me that it’s night time, and I’d damn well be sure to go outside and check his statement.
He’s a self-absorbed tech bro narcissist who believes his own bullshit without question. Fuck him.

By posting his response I did not I tend to imply I agreed with its veracity. 

31 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

I love it anytime someone IRL tries to talk about this war and I can immediately squash everything they say thanks to the shit I learn on this thread. 

That honestly happens on a shit ton of topics for me from being here and TOS. Lots of knowledgeable dumbasses around here 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Took a bit of googling & digging, but I found a Mint article on the vote that linked to this tweet, but the results don't line up exactly with the tweet you're reacting to.

FewebDRVsAEd43k?format=jpg&name=medium

So, I went to the UN General Assembly website and found a summary of the discussion but can't for the life of me figure out where to find the final vote results. I think that the original tweet was referring to the initial vote and my tweet is the rejection of the reconsideration, but I really don't know. At any rate, there's a bunch of non-voting countries that consider themselves part of the non-aligned nations...maybe.

The vote I am referring to is this one, the call from Russia to have the balloting over the annexation voting done in secrecy so this would never come out. And Albania, of all places, said nah, fuck you Vlad.

image.thumb.png.290cb5ca9bcdbf9ad048237edbf85fe1.png

What I do think is interesting is as you pointed out those who just did not vote at all. Now, looking at those who voted No, Mozambique is the shocker to me. Yeah, they were in deep with Wagner and Erik Prince (counter insurgency, that those two lost), but they are really courting the US and EU for oil and gas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Or, as the Russians would call it "Love Story."
You are seeing the worst "civilization" in modern history laid bare, proudly owning its horrifying character.  Again, at least the Germans had the decency to deny, to look away.  Russia....celebrates every war crime imaginable.
Shit, at this point, I can't see how this world makes it without a Russian-driven nuclear holocaust.  If there's one nation, one culture that has a dead aim on exterminating all of humanity just because, it's Russia.

“…the Russian has no regard for human life and is an all out son of a bitch, a barbarian, and a chronic drunk.” - George S. Patton and Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

If you'd care to expound further on this we can go to CR. I too have had problems with certain members of my own left. 

Wellman made a show of blocking Tracey. 

And I'll leave it there. Open invitation.

I was merely making an observation of people I have interactions with both left and right, wasn’t making it political by any means.  It seems the further reaches of both ends gravitate to the same boogeymen in different manners and come to the similar results.   

7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I was merely making an observation of people I have interactions with both left and right, wasn’t making it political by any means.  It seems the further reaches of both ends gravitate to the same boogeymen in different manners and come to the similar results.   

They get there in different ways. The result of bullshit is still bullshit. Honest invite. Most of the cabal is in here anyway. Anything else I wanna say is gonna be way too CR. This thread has stayed in bounds for the most part. I'd just as soon keep it that way.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

The vote I am referring to is this one, the call from Russia to have the balloting over the annexation voting done in secrecy so this would never come out. And Albania, of all places, said nah, fuck you Vlad.

image.thumb.png.290cb5ca9bcdbf9ad048237edbf85fe1.png

What I do think is interesting is as you pointed out those who just did not vote at all. Now, looking at those who voted No, Mozambique is the shocker to me. Yeah, they were in deep with Wagner and Erik Prince (counter insurgency, that those two lost), but they are really courting the US and EU for oil and gas. 

One last thing to point out on the vote results; both Hungary & Turkiye (gonna take me a while to get used to the new spelling) voted 'yes' which I hope bodes well for them ultimately falling in line on getting Sweden & Finland in Nato.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, bolverk said:

One last thing to point out on the vote results; both Hungary & Turkiye (gonna take me a while to get used to the new spelling) voted 'yes' which I hope bodes well for them ultimately falling in line on getting Sweden & Finland in Nato.

Agree. they both surprised me. I thought they would abstain. 

1 hour ago, bolverk said:

Do you remember Blagojevich in Illinois and his impeachment for trying to sell Obama’s vacant senate seat? Here’s the quote that got him in prison:

"I’ve got this thing and it’s fucking golden, and, uh, uh, I’m just not giving it up for fuckin’ nothing. I’m not gonna do it. And, and I can always use it. 

Blagojevich (a Balkan dude) and Orban and Erdogan are cut from the exact same cloth. Hungary has a rich culture and Western intellectual history but it’s also got years of Ottoman occupation layered with Communism and a long history of Balkan interchange. 

A vote at the UN is nice but it’s not a golden thing.  Both Orban and Erdogan are using the NATO piece and they aren’t giving it up for fuckin’ nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I have a place in my heart for rescuers and first responders. Hard enough any day, but knowing you could be targeted, having to wear armor. Damn. 

Reminds me of the firefighters I met in Bosnia. Never stopped responding during the Siege of Sarajevo. There was this one crazy ass dude who retired from the NYFD. Slept in the truck and was always ready to go. 

God Bless them. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I have a place in my heart for rescuers and first responders. Hard enough any day, but knowing you could be targeted, having to wear armor. Damn. 

Reminds me of the firefighters I met in Bosnia. Never stopped responding during the Siege of Sarajevo. There was this one crazy ass dude who retired from the NYFD. Slept in the truck and was always ready to go. 

God Bless them. 

saving lives

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Ukraine's media is doing wonders. Compare this vs. Russia's old talking heads. 

Oh, that's good.

But don't listen too closely to the lyrics:

Jane: "I love you. Yes, I love you."

Serge: "Me neither." or depending on translation "Me, no more."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The War Zone has a good article up about air defense deliveries, looks like we are rushing NSAMS and the Germans already gave an IRIS-T. Good short explainer on the limitations of individual systems and the challenges to integrate into Ukraine and their Soviet stuff, air defense is a whole concept, we’re behind, and it’s not as easy and just giving gear.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/ukraine-situation-report-u-s-to-rush-delivery-of-nasams-air-defense-systems

This Iranian stuff is bullshit. I’d be in favor of telling the Israelis they they can hit those drone manufacturing facilities and in fact, they should consider doing it a favor for Uncle Sugar. 

• Hook 'Em 6

The excuse of geofencing and not wanting to activate the service in Russian held areas to prevent Russians from being able to hack Starlink is a lie. 

Starlink is active in Kherson and Zaporizhzhia, major portions of which which have been occupied by the Russians since early in the war. The service is inactive in Donetsk, Luhansk and Crimea. 

That big stretch in the middle is both Russian occupied and active Starlink. 

1C92DEF8-869B-4576-B3F7-BEF93CE74A24.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

I took the Starlink map and put a BBC map of occupied territory over top. The area outlined in red has been held for the Russians for much of the war and is active Starlink. 

It's crystal clear they aren't denying Starlink access to Russian held territory to prevent Russian hacking. That's obviously a lie.

They are denying Starlink to pre-February invasion boundaries to handcuff the Ukrainians from retaking it. 

Starlink.001.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 5
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Elon refusing Ukrainian requests to activate Starlink in Crimea in effort to block them launching an offensive to retake Crimea. 

Musk talking to Putin and blocking Ukraine from retaking their own territory is a US, and global, national security threat.

This makes it far more likely the recent outages during Ukrainian offensives are not accidental, or pure geofencing issues. 

It's time for bipartisan hearings.

laughing-troy.gif

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

Elon Musk has always been a piece of shit.  

Angel investing in an established electric car start up and pushing out the founders, taking credit for the invention, then giving away the IP to keep the founders quiet out front should have told you. 

People saw his Taiwan plan from several days ago, right?

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

People saw his Taiwan plan from several days ago, right?

Probably should be in the Musk thread. 

That being said, man, what a shock the guy beholden to China and Russia for massive parts of his companies seemingly sides with...Russia and China. Freedom be damned. 

The interesting thing here is that I'm pretty sure Taiwan can choose to fuck with Tesla as much or almost as much as China. Wonder if they'll give that a shot as well. Homeboy already isn't exactly beloved by the Tesla board and investors. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or somebody in the government to have a chat with SpaceX about future contracts, since they are the parent company of Starlink.  If Musk has ordered them to fuck the Ukrainians over with Starlink units purchased and provided by the US government, then it shouldn’t be hard to fix.  Musk can’t be booted out of control over SpaceX, but his contracts can go elsewhere.

why-not-both-animated-gif-7.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

Putin has gone full-on Hitler during the Blitz, wasting military resources that he can’t replace, to kill small numbers of civilians.

Linked for bodies   Russia hit a market and killed a bunch of civilians

https://twitter.com/KyivIndependent/status/1580137611925938176

Absolute fucking psychopaths

• Rage+1 5

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Or somebody in the government to have a chat with SpaceX about future contracts, since they are the parent company of Starlink.  If Musk has ordered them to fuck the Ukrainians over with Starlink units purchased and provided by the US government, then it shouldn’t be hard to fix.  Musk can’t be booted out of control over SpaceX, but his contracts can go elsewhere.

Go where exactly? Over to ULA?  Virgin Galactic?  Northrup Grumman?  Arianespace?  Maybe go back to having the Russians sending up US astronauts again? 

The US Government / NASA needs SpaceX. Period. Full stop.

• Hook 'Em 1