Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

There is lot of chatter on vatnik channels and Twitter about the big counteroffensive launching incredibly soon. 

I am fairly credulous at this one. I don’t think Ben Wallace would have announced “yeah, these missiles are already there” and tipped the AFU hand to prep countermeasures unless it was so close as to not matter. They’ll be confirming the existence via impact craters soon. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Crimea is Ukraine. So yeah. 

Following up on the notion of Crimea striking a portion of the bridge that is "theirs" it just occurred to me...Do you think they give a fuck? They blew it up once, you think now they're worried about blowing it up again because it's "Russian territory?"

• Hook 'Em 5

8 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There is lot of chatter on vatnik channels and Twitter about the big counteroffensive launching incredibly soon. 

I am fairly credulous at this one. I don’t think Ben Wallace would have announced “yeah, these missiles are already there” and tipped the AFU hand to prep countermeasures unless it was so close as to not matter. They’ll be confirming the existence via impact craters soon. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 5

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Following up on the notion of Crimea striking a portion of the bridge that is "theirs" it just occurred to me...Do you think they give a fuck? They blew it up once, you think now they're worried about blowing it up again because it's "Russian territory?"

Yes, because according to the article, they gave assurances to UK that they wouldn't hit Russian territory using the Storm Shadows. It's probably moot anyway if the recognized territory of Ukraine crosses through the bridge, which according to this, it does:

Spoiler

Map_of_the_Crimea.png

Edited by KYHorn

2 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Interesting note in the CNN article:

A Western official told CNN that the UK has received assurances from the Ukrainian government that these missiles will be used only within Ukrainian sovereign territory and not inside Russia

I guess there might be a Ukrainian side of the bridge they can hit? It also removes the possibility of hitting most of the airfields mapped here:

Not sure how far before the Crimea portion the bridge is in international or Russian waters, but at least part of it is occupied Ukrainian water, so yeah, its in play.  That said, I agree that the storm shadow could also be extremely effective against air bases in Crimea, and the naval base.  I'm not sure how many were given to the Ukrainians, but just a few in critical areas could make a huge difference for them.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I wonder how big of a dumbass you have to be to get yourself resettled in Mariupol, shit. Draft-dodging and the like is one thing but it’s ordinarily not hard to wriggle out of Russian bureaucratic directives. A bunch of them likely went voluntarily, I know occupation authorities gave good salaries to teachers, civil servants, etc. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I wonder how big of a dumbass you have to be to get yourself resettled in Mariupol, shit. Draft-dodging and the like is one thing but it’s ordinarily not hard to wriggle out of Russian bureaucratic directives. A bunch of them likely went voluntarily, I know occupation authorities gave good salaries to teachers, civil servants, etc. 

It was reported that Russia was moving people from bumfuck nowhere Russia and settling them in occupied Ukraine.

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Yeah, if you want to make an example of one of the remaining “BRICS” then “S” is for sure the weak link. Not a terrible idea to absolutely wreck them and then to ask the others to rethink nicely. 

Like when the NCAA drops the banhammer on SW Valdosta Tech when Tennessee gets caught n their usual shenanigans? Works for me.

You guys think Charlie Wilson is in heaven with the biggest stiff dick hard on right now???

Boinking Emily Blunt.

Edited by Parliament
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Do you even sooner, bro?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

17 minutes ago, MissingInAction said:

Do you even sooner, bro?

Some of those Russians were most likely given better apartments/houses/farms than they had back in Russia.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Indoor plumbing

Old Man Good Job GIF

To put it in perspective, we don't know if it's started, but Russian social media is convinced that it is, mirrors Kherson/Kharkiv.  The Russians actually on the front line would know.

I don’t know if there are breakthroughs and all that. I’m not there. But Russians’ behaviour on public channels is very similar to what was happening during successful regroupings from Kherson and Kharkiv. They never panicked unless they had a reason to. They have a lot of eyes in the field, the military reporters, soldiers. I take it all with a grain of salt but I also don’t see a good reason for them to spread negativity without a good reason.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, The Dog said:

Relevant because Turkey. Erdogan is in serious trouble. Also, one of the opposition candidates dropped out which increases the possibility that Kilicdaroglu could get 50% and avoid a runoff:

This is impossible, I was told by people in this thread that he was a dictator and had no chance of losing an election.

5 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Let's not start partying at Applebees just yet

I mean, he still might not turn it over if he loses and become dictator in truth, but the fact is that these elections were important to his appearance of not being a dictator and as a result his blustering on Sweden/NATO was not going away until after. That seems like a completely reasonable point of view that many seemed to think was…I’ll just say ‘incorrect’ and leave it at that.

18 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

This is impossible, I was told by people in this thread that he was a dictator and had no chance of losing an election.

The massive earthquake and subsequent large loss of life really exposed the corruption and issues with Erdoghan's rule. That's a big part of it.

• Hook 'Em 8