Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, I have a feeling this was the concern of the more conservative faction within the White House/State Department - that the devil we know (Putin) is better than the one we don't know, and maybe their preference was to help Ukraine enough to get back to the 2022 borders, and maybe even part of the 2013 borders, but don't do enough that leads to Putin being out of power.

When Putin dies or is pushed out of power in some way, might as well start trucking shitloads of antacids (or booze) to the capitols of various European countries as well as the US.  At least when shit hit the fan in the late 80s/early 90s, there was enough of the Soviet infrastructure in place, plus a lot of parties interested in stability within and outside of the USSSR, that the nukes were taken care of.  Putin has eliminated so many people, and is left with Yes Men like Shoigu, my gut says the nuke situation will be bad. And there will be basically warlords looking to get the nukes and then negotiate with the West or whoever for recognition (or money).

Leaving Putin in power is how we got to this situation in the first place. Trying to leave him in power for the sake of nuclear security is like trying to fuck a girl's pregnancy away. It just don't work like that.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Leaving Putin in power is how we got to this situation in the first place. Trying to leave him in power for the sake of nuclear security is like trying to fuck a girl's pregnancy away. It just don't work like that.

With respect to Russia and its path forward, we all need to realize that 1) there are a multitude of options/possibilities, and 2) all of them are varying degrees of bad.

There is no plausible outcome where Russia becomes even a semi-functional semi-democratic state ready to participate in the community of nations as something of a rational and reliable player.  You'll get despotism/oligarchy/mafia state of some form or another, and you'll like it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

With respect to Russia and its path forward, we all need to realize that 1) there are a multitude of options/possibilities, and 2) all of them are varying degrees of bad.

There is no plausible outcome where Russia becomes even a semi-functional semi-democratic state ready to participate in the community of nations as something of a rational and reliable player.  You'll get despotism/oligarchy/mafia state of some form or another, and you'll like it.

Yes, the abortion analogy works on multiple levels, I know.

11 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

What if we're just not trying hard enough? I'm willing to do what I can to help

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just need one that understands not to attack outside their established borders, whatever those might be at the end of this.  The Russian people can continue to suffer as they have for centuries. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just need one that understands not to attack outside their established borders, whatever those might be at the end of this.  The Russian people can continue to suffer as they have for centuries. 

Not gonna happen.  As has been proven, time and time again.

The type of festering infection that is the Russian natural state of being cannot be forever constrained inside its borders.  That boil will eventually and inevitably burst, infecting its neighbors with pain.  

Not that it changes the only rational path -- trying to contain Russia for as long as possible.  Each iteration of the Russian state requires the same treatment, and has for centuries.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

And how far would a similar invasion make it into the US?  If the Proud Boys got armed up and invaded from Juarez, how far would they come before Texas National Guard helicopters blew them up?

You're assuming the pilots wouldnot be Proud Boy adjacent.  I don't have a whole of faith.

And somebody queue up the Admiral Painter gif.  Things could get out of control.  And instead of being the biggest naval battle since the Jutland, we could be looking at the biggest tank battle since Kursk.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

And how far would a similar invasion make it into the US?  If the Proud Boys got armed up and invaded from Juarez, how far would they come before Texas National Guard helicopters blew them up?

Any mediocre HOA would take them out before the National Guard even got there.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

14 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Mother of a couple of his kids, and she and they are American citizens.

FwHn7byX0AQeYzg?format=jpg&name=900x900

Okay, I had to look it up.  If the googles are to be believed, Solovyov is 5'4.5".  Teamed up with Putin, they might be able to capture the midget wrestling world championship.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

We'll see how long these revolutionaries hold out. I'm still thinking it's going to be a quick in and out panty raid but if they hold on then we might start seeing some comparisons to the Time of Troubles. One of the bloodiest times in Russian history where the false Dmitrys would march to Moscow claiming to be the true heir to the throne. 

Movie Popcorn GIF by Angry Birds

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

“Pro-Ukrainian separatists”, ”Ukrainian-backed”, etc.
These labels are interesting to me for some reason. Seems like there’s even a concerted effort by UKR to take credit for whatever is going on…

Seems more like trying to distance themselves in the same mold as Russia. But rather than shrugging and saying, “What little green men?” They’re saying, “These are RUSSIAN little green men in Russia. Who we have no problem with.”
  • Hook 'Em 4

On 5/22/2023 at 11:04 AM, Bevo said:

Yes, but Japan would or should have interest as well. Here is a pretty cool picture from Sakhalin Oblast of a Japanese Lighthouse built in 1939: Abandoned Lighthouses 8. Aniva Rock | Mike Grist

Just gonna offer up the richest region to Japan... Korea approves.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, BamaATL said:

Surprising about the Belarusian journalist, perhaps Lukashenko is beginning to see which way the wind is blowing?

I heard they broke the kid early on, got him to give up the names of lots of people who are now in jail. Setting him free is probably setting him up for multiple ass-whoopins.

• Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, dimyh said:

We'll see how long these revolutionaries hold out. I'm still thinking it's going to be a quick in and out panty raid but if they hold on then we might start seeing some comparisons to the Time of Troubles. One of the bloodiest times in Russian history where the false Dmitrys would march to Moscow claiming to be the true heir to the throne. 

Its going to last just long enough to cause Russia to divert forces and logistics to the area

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Rimbo said:

media.gif.1fed236853bbd1e0112ae56957ead52a.gif

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, texastough said:

Its going to last just long enough to cause Russia to divert forces and logistics to the area

Yeah I'm leaning towards this all being put on by the Ukes as a diversion or a probe to see what Russia does. They might be using native Russians who are friendly to the cause to help bolster the facade. Either way I don't think any country-wide revolution is gonna get going anytime soon. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1