Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

From the tweet below:

While the situation is still developing, the incursion into the Belgorod territory today reminds me of the raids a few months back, but with several major differences. The attack is much more brazen, a larger number of combat vehicles are being used this time, with much heavier artillery and mortar support. It is also being conducted in broad daylight, and drone footage is immediately being published online, to reach the maximum psychological effect. In the previous incident, we began finding out details when forces were already withdrawn, and the attack began early in the morning when it was still dark. What is also interesting is that both "Russian Volunteer Corps" and "Free Russia Legion" have left their marks today, they could potentially be operating in two separate areas (Legion in Dronivka, RDK in Grayvoron).

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

Sounds like it’s some of those handful of Russian separatist(?) groups that opposes the Putin regime. Not necessarily fighting for Ukraine but being opportunistic for their rebellion. All the reports I’ve seen say there haven’t been any civilian casualties. If it were a Russian false flag operation, there would be dead civilians…probably lots of them.

That's why I'm 95% convinced that it's legit and that the Russian groups that have been fighting against the Russian Army/Wagner are now doing something inside of Russia.

Putin would have maximized the fear factor by killing a bunch of Russian civilians if it was a false flag.

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, Schulz2.0 said:

FwteVKzXgAE1RCD?format=jpg&name=medium

Lol. Wut? They’re creating an elite aviation group, but not with their existing, trained pilots. They’re opening up enlistment to untrained dudes and retired pilots, and they somehow expect them to perform better than their current pilots? None of that makes any sense, so I guess it’s probably entirely accurate. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wonder if we have any assets cajoling Chechnya about going again now that forces are focused elsewhere. Guess you’d basically need to successfully have a coup first or simultaneously. 

It's like the bit from one of Hemingway's novels

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Crazy that 450 days into this Special Military Operation, Russians are still leaving tank hatches open

They'd rather risk death than sweat their nuts off while smelling each other's stank in a cloud of cigarette smoke and farts.  I don't there's much in the way of climate control in their tanks.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They'd rather risk death than sweat their nuts off while smelling each other's stank in a cloud of cigarette smoke and farts.  I don't there's much in the way of climate control in their tanks.

I further assume they're thinking about getting out rather than locking themselves in.  But those tanks just immediately burst into flame.  If those guys synapses even have time to tell their brains what's happening, they're incinerated before they can do anything.  Unbelievable. 

Although it could very well be that particular tank was abandoned.

Edited by Chad Fuck
  • Hook 'Em 5

6 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

I further assume they're thinking about getting out rather than locking themselves in.  But those tanks just immediately burst into flame.  If those guys synapses even have time to tell their brains what's happening, they're incinerated before they can do anything.  Unbelievable. 

Although it could very well be that particular tank was abandoned.

I wonder if the crew is sitting somewhere near by and taking a smoke break.   Dying inside a tank that is cooking off would be a terrible way to go.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Whether it’s Ukrainians or anti-Putin Russians, it does mean the Russians will have to try and find Russian troops inUkraine to redeploy to the Belgorod area, which helps the counter-offensive.  Plus it’ll make Russian leaders shit their  pants.  

Or pull some of those big healthy troops stationed in Moscow to beat up protestors, send them down there. Then stuff pops in Moscow.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

This is the point in HoIV where you have cultivated a coup in Far Eastern Siberia so that the Soviet Union has to send all their troops to have  supply attrition in the East. I'm glad to see Ukraine's top leaders love Paradox games too. I hope they have all the damned DLCs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

So with the FRL in Belgorod and the issues in St Petersburg, at what point do we see the breakaway factions out east to begin to start causing headaches as well?

We all know that these are being supported by "outside" forces, but at what point does this become something more than isolated flareups and becomes something legitimately dangerous for the current Russian regime?

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

So with the FRL in Belgorod and the issues in St Petersburg, at what point do we see the breakaway factions out east to begin to start causing headaches as well?

We all know that these are being supported by "outside" forces, but at what point does this become something more than isolated flareups and becomes something legitimately dangerous for the current Russian regime?

In all seriousness, I’d expect this small group to try and sneak back across the border at night, if not before then.  I think the Ukrainians are sowing confusion and fear about what’s coming next and distracting Russian command and forcing them the address this. 

• Hook 'Em 6

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Would china have any interest in those eastern regions becoming independent?  Better trade partners or more easily manipulated?

Yes, but Japan would or should have interest as well. Here is a pretty cool picture from Sakhalin Oblast of a Japanese Lighthouse built in 1939: Abandoned Lighthouses 8. Aniva Rock | Mike Grist

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Remind me, doesn’t russia need belgorod for rail supply?  I wonder how badly these guys can damage the rail lines while they are there. 

Rail is somewhat important in moving west to Belarus, but not as big a factor in supplying the various fronts inside Ukraine. To see a major issue on that facet would be Branysk or Voronezh. The much bigger concern is the airport, supply depots, major trauma hospitals, and maintenance facilities that are housed there.

If Belgorod goes, then now you have nothing between the various UKA troops and bypassing Svatove and attacking Staroblisk which would then put Luhansk at risk.

The current static lines have been in place for a while and the UKA unwillingness to actively cross the border to fight in Russia means that the border forces serve a dual purpose keeping the citizenry in line as well as serving as a blocking force to keep the UKA from going north around Svatove. Havign them instead being occupied with an internal rebellion means that the UKA can look to bypass the frontal approach and look to instead go north and then follow the rail and roadway into Staroblisk.

• Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

In all seriousness, I’d expect this small group to try and sneak back across the border at night, if not before then.  I think the Ukrainians are sowing confusion and fear about what’s coming next and distracting Russian command and forcing them the address this. 

So they'll zip in and out.   Kind of like going to Wisconsin.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1