Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So they are creating the barrel around the fish. 

I hope they just surround it and cut supplies a la a Vicksburg siege.  Starvation is a powerful motivator to surrender, and it would mean less Ukrainian casualties.  

• Hook 'Em 3

It really is the height of irony that russia invaded to "denazify" Ukraine, and now they're getting dragged into a Stalingrad type situation, only they're the invading force about to get reverse encircled. 

Not to mention the strategic impact Bahkmut has had to pin down larger force concentrations from russia that have enabled Ukraine to better shape the battlefield 

Edited by Captainant

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It really is the height of irony that russia invaded to "denazify" Ukraine, and now they're getting dragged into a Stalingrad type situation, on they're the invading force about to get reverse encircled. 

Not to mention the strategic impact Bahkmut has had to pin down larger force concentrations from russia that have enabled Ukraine to better shape the battlefield 

Yep. The Germans got to occupy the whole of Stalingrad. For a while.

• Hook 'Em 3

45 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It really is the height of irony that russia invaded to "denazify" Ukraine, and now they're getting dragged into a Stalingrad type situation, only they're the invading force about to get reverse encircled. 

Day 450 of 3-day Special Military Operation to de-nazify and de-militarize Ukraine. We have successfully demilitarized the loading dock of the west Bakhmut supermarket. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Haha 8

11 hours ago, Saint Tacky said:

Knew a guy that flew a Warthog in Iraq during the first Gulf War  Actually flew over the “Highway of Death” strafing Iraqis and their equipment retreating from Kuwait. He described it as a turkey shoot. No ground fire to worry about and just cherry picking targets, trying to inflict as much death and damage as he could. 

This old American-made flak vest was picked up on the “Highway of Death” after the war by my son’s friend who was a US Army transport truck driver. Straps were gone, but fortunately no bloodstains are evident.

CFBEA470-661D-4A5B-9CA1-A4A23EF7D733.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Orange&White said:

WTF? Why?

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

image.gif.ed1c31d1a30d9143f2445370e09d50b1.gif

Almost.

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Nothing like an older gent dragging balls on Putin's face

1 hour ago, Post Oak said:

Goddamn Joe

Telling it like it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, Bevo said:

The Ukrainian army received a new AFV- Czechoslovakian BPzV Svatava.

Can someone explain this to me? Is it a twitter mistake? Was it developed before '93? Was it a joint project between the two countries?

Made between 1988-90 in Czechoslovakia.

• Hook 'Em 2

The Third Assault Brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine announced that it cleared the enemy of 1,730 m in length and another 700 m in depth near Bakhmut.

1,730 m in length and another 700 m in depth - South Austin's mom would be proud.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

Oof, it's almost like the people should rise as one and demand change, but oh fucking well

I will say that mothers and wives of Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan exerted a tremendous pressure on the Soviet leadership.

With that said, I don't know if the same could be said now - Putin doesn't have a Politburo to keep him in check.  He can fire/replace/kill anybody that dares tell him "no".

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So they are creating the barrel around the fish.

but, of course, why would you announce that?  Maybe it’s a feint. Or maybe it’s fait accompli at this point. 

Surrounding thousands of Russian troops in Bakhmut after they claimed to take it would be a helluva mindfuck for all of those Russian units that have been involved in Bakhmut, particularly the recently-mobilized.  As a whole, they spend nearly 10 months trying to take this small town 145 miles from the Russian border, only to find themselves surrounded and cut off, just as the Ukrainians launch counter-offensives elsewhere.

33 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The cynic in me wonders if team Biden is trying to time the big victory to happen around next summer/fall right before the election. 

I think it's more about personalities/factions within the State Department/DOD/White House who had different views on what could be given to Ukraine, and the F-16 faction ultimately won out (helped by Russian constantly drawing red lines that mean nothing) - this debate has been raging for months now, but it really came to a head with Europe saying "we'll train the pilots and we'll provide the F-16s".  If some of the European countries, particularly the Brits, had not stepped up and started publicly pushing them in recent weeks, I don't know that it happens.

It's kind of like how the Leopard/Abrams thing happened - there were those who wanted to train/supply the Ukrainians, and those who didn't either out of fear or other reasons, and things reached a point where a consensus was reached, and somebody was going to supply non-Russian tanks, and either the US could be involved or not.

If you want to be cynical, I'd also wager that some defense contractors in the US were afraid of being left out.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Rimbo said:

longcat by brynn spoilered for scrolling sanity:

Reveal hidden contents

I think she’s really downplaying the significance of LRASMs. I have a feeling they will have a devastating effect on every Russian warship in the Black Sea.

• Hook 'Em 2

48 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I will say that mothers and wives of Soviet soldiers in Afghanistan exerted a tremendous pressure on the Soviet leadership.

With that said, I don't know if the same could be said now - Putin doesn't have a Politburo to keep him in check.  He can fire/replace/kill anybody that dares tell him "no".

5DC8F01A-F1F2-4CCE-BAA5-A03D9A80794C.thumb.png.abdf13a3e51b4a4f570dcd19da19975b.png

15ADB0B2-1E0C-4745-8F87-9C9C22D5E591.thumb.jpeg.3cb87ffc611cf5d149844a882c665f06.jpeg

Another Missing platoon?

BBD20741-C0E5-4D2D-B1E1-DD6E70987E61.thumb.webp.04a333d88c09df3b9cf549f0020b4f5b.webp

They’re Dead ladies…

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 4

11 minutes ago, Parliament said:

He shouldn't have said it, and I'm sure his detractors are gonna flake out.  So what. Glad he did.

I can't think of a reason why he shouldn't have. But then... I have the same problem Joe does with forgetting to filter my speech.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I think it's more about personalities/factions within the State Department/DOD/White House who had different views on what could be given to Ukraine, and the F-16 faction ultimately won out (helped by Russian constantly drawing red lines that mean nothing) - this debate has been raging for months now, but it really came to a head with Europe saying "we'll train the pilots and we'll provide the F-16s".  If some of the European countries, particularly the Brits, had not stepped up and started publicly pushing them in recent weeks, I don't know that it happens.

Did a lot of Biden people come from the Obama Administration? I've been a lot happier with the Biden's war efforts as president compared to how things were handled when he was VP. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Obama's people who were holding back supplying offensive weapons. I'm glad that things have finally changed for the better.

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

That number is incredibly small. The Netherlands, Holland, Denmark, and Belgium have 125 F16s between them. I assume the problem is that the US cannot supply replacements immediately or those countries cannot afford replacing more.

4 minutes ago, Bevo said:

That number is incredibly small. The Netherlands, Holland, Denmark, and Belgium have 125 F16s between them. I assume the problem is that the US cannot supply replacements immediately or those countries cannot afford replacing more.

Ukraine was asking for 40-50. Seems to be about that number.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Ukraine only had a few dozen SU-27s before the war. This would be enough to replace every single one of them. They had slightly more mig-29s. 30+ f-16s is pretty damn good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Ukraine was asking for 40-50. Seems to be about that number.

From the twitter above, the spokesman of the Ukrainian Air Force, Yuriy Ignat, says that Ukraine will receive several dozen F-16s.

Poland has 48 F-16s but probably will only agree to transfer those jets once it receives F-35s and puts them into service in their place.

Greece has a fleet three times as big, 83 of which are currently being upgraded to the latest Block 72 standard. Athens will unlikely prove willing to transfer any so long as it perceives there to be a military threat from Turkey in its region.

Israel has an estimated 362 F-16s. Israel was willing to sell Croatia 12 of its used F-16s for $500 million in the late 2010s, but the U.S. objected to the transfer since Israel has substantially upgraded those jets since acquiring them three decades earlier. Upgrades included sophisticated electronics and radar systems.

Turkey has approximately 270 F-16s. Since October 2021, Turkey has sought 40 new modernized Block 70 F-16s from the U.S. along with 79 modernization kits for keeping its existing fleet operational and up-to-date.  The United States banned Turkey from buying F-35s after it bought an advanced Russian air defense system.