Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Prigozhin has a pattern of complementing his valiant foes, as if he's larping as a Viking Chieftain one day fighting a rival, maybe the next day combining as allies.

I wouldn't be surprised if he tries for a general amnesty in return for attacking the regular Russian Army.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Bevo said:

There are only 600 and they cost $1M each. How many would Germany donate?

It's sunk cost, who the fuck else are you going to shoot them at in the next 10 years?  They also aren't currently in production (which in military terms means they already have better stuff that is in production).  Getting rid of them likely actually saves money in a fiscal sense.  

• Hook 'Em 7

6 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Moved a couple of posts over to CR.

I'll leave Rimbo's post here as it's more news than political opinion.

Moved the replying posts as they were more opinion than news.

sorry about that. it was meant more as a pm to slx.

8 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

If we're going off 17th-century French maps of Russia, I suspect that half of Russia wasn't Russia yet.

I'm going to go off a 1920s map of my neighborhood and start grazing dairy cattle again in all my neighbors' yards. Hey, map says we're a dairy.

8 hours ago, MissingInAction said:

By putin's logic I'm a Comanche. 

Don't even think about it. 

• Drool 1

This is a rough one. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/36-hours-in-bakhmut-one-units-desperate-battle-to-hold-back-the-russians-72e30f01?st=mjipju6ditasz8m&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

I’m really not interested in “what abouting” wrt the Russians on this one. This is wrong. A military draft is a dubious practice for a free people, one that should not even come up for debate unless the threat is existential (for Ukraine, it is). Given that, a drafted citizen (if “citizen” means anything) should be trained adequately and provisioned before battle.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Supposedly regular Russian troops are replacing Wagner mercs in the Bakhmut area.

Shoigu is calling the Russians invading Russia raid a "terrorist act" and said Russia will  “promptly and extremely harshly” to future raids.  oksure.gif.

He also claims they killed 70+ "terrorists" that invaded Russia, but can't provide evidence of it.

Wallace Shawn Reaction GIF by CBS

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1