Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

If you're crazy putin, what's your nuke target and why ?

yeah i was wondering that too. i guess kiev? not sure where else in Ukraine a tactical nuke is any good? Kharkiv maybe? 

or just kinda toss one over the border into poland maybe

the way things are going probably just gonna have some duders hot potato themselves in one of the "supply lines"

29 minutes ago, elfenix said:

nsiap

The ultimate problem with war, and just how fucking stupid it is; is that we never really can calculate the loss of talent.  Some of us are somewhat smart, some of us are somewhat gifted in other ways.  We don't get many Einsteins, Hawkings, Mozarts, etc.  Who know's if one is being lost in this nonsense?  Fucking pointless, so angering, and such a tragedy.  

And as for the video and her skills, amazing, even a bit haunting.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, staboner said:

yeah i was wondering that too. i guess kiev? not sure where else in Ukraine a tactical nuke is any good? Kharkiv maybe? 

or just kinda toss one over the border into poland maybe

the way things are going probably just gonna have some duders hot potato themselves in one of the "supply lines"

I would guess a small tactical nuke would be used on a supply hub, logistics based target somewhere in western Ukraine. Not a major metro area as that may be considered a major escalation. Someplace smaller, with some type of military importance, as they will be testing the waters too. They don't want escalation; just compliance. They just want to demonstrate their willingness to be crazy enough to utilize nukes at a small scale. They are not going to lob anything into NATO. It would be directed in Ukraine but in a way to announce to NATO you're not welcome.

Western Ukraine would be a way to target part of the territory that Putin is now writing off as unobtainable. Plus it's just a big fuck you to NATO about providing military supplies. Since it's in Ukraine it wouldn't classify as an article 5 attack but would be a strong message for anyone volunteering in that area.

Either that or trying to target the remaining airfields. Again just another plausible military type of target that would not generate maximum outrage like a civilian metro area.

55 minutes ago, elfenix said:

nsiap

22 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

The ultimate problem with war, and just how fucking stupid it is; is that we never really can calculate the loss of talent.  Some of us are somewhat smart, some of us are somewhat gifted in other ways.  We don't get many Einsteins, Hawkings, Mozarts, etc.  Who know's if one is being lost in this nonsense?  Fucking pointless, so angering, and such a tragedy.  

And as for the video and her skills, amazing, even a bit haunting.  

very reminiscent...

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, KYHorn said:

Translation of that phone call:

FN--dvBWQAMBMWq?format=png&name=small

On a micro level, this conversation makes me sad. Most likely he’ll be KIA and daughters left without a father.

Then I pull back and think that those fucks probably killed civilians and deserve to die. 

C49506C9-4CAB-41DC-BB36-434431988E52.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, 'stache said:

The thread overlooks that one of the primary "goals" is to avoid nuclear war. Direct intervention by the US and/or NATO means a strong likelihood of nuclear war. That's the big difference here. If Russia didn't have nukes and the long cold war history, I bet we'd have fucked them up by now. I'm almost to the point of saying fuck it, give it a go and hope he doesn't use nukes, because he might use them anyway if he's losing. But the thread needs to acknowledge that the nuclear issue is the major, if not sole, reason the west has avoided direct intervention, not some namby pamby weakness or love for diplomacy.

Would we have been hot-to-trot in 1990/1991 if Saddam had hundreds of nukes and a means of getting them deployed if not around the world, at least around the Middle East?

13 hours ago, statsman said:

More random thoughts:

The important thing to remember, is that Russia is the junior partner on the other side. China backed them, hoping to set a template for how they would assimilate Taiwan- overwhelming military superiority, swooping in fast, and waving sanctions aside as the world is forced to accept the new normal. 

Russia fucked it up. It was supposed to be over in three days. It’s now over three weeks, and Russian progress is stalled.Ukraine is helped by NATO aid to Ukraine, in weapons and intelligence. Russia would like to escalate on the other side and call NATO out as an antagonist, but I bet China doesn’t want that (since they’re assisting Russia, and would be similarly entangled as a supporter and supplier).   

China has to be fairly worried.  Our little missiles that we are handing out like candy are not having any problems with even top-of-the-line Russian hardware, and we are getting lots of data about how to improve them.  We are also getting lots of data about MANPADs against modern Russian aircraft as well.

Taiwan is taking notes and probably putting in orders for lots of stuff.

And China has to get troops and tanks on the fucking beach to start with and they have to have full air superiority to do that.

Lots of people are learning lots of stuff.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

As drones get smaller and smaller, it's the "swarm" that seems inevitable.  Hundreds if not thousands of small, autonomous drones that can attack like a flight of birds/bugs.  Think of the thousands of grackles on campus.  Now think about a coordinated attack, each carrying a small explosive device enough for a single person, that flies over infantry units and picks them off one by one, or vehicle by vehicle.  So small and fast, they'd be almost impossible to single out and destroy before another gets you.

Like this, but with essentially a hand grenade attached to each and no cool lights to tell you where they are and where to run...

giphy.gif

You almost nailed it.

Have say 80% of the hand grenade drones have no light.

Have another 20% have hand grenades and lights.

Have the 20% of drones with lights herd everybody towards an area where it appears that there are no drones, and then *boom* here comes the drones without lights.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, BachelorTrek said:

In one of the videos I probably posted in this thread already here, too, one of the Ukrainian soldiers commented that the ruskies/orcs always fight "straight-ahead" and "never maneuver" so that Ukrainian forces can always move around them and have multiple axes of attack to destroy the ruskies/orcs with.

That definitely sounds how ruskie-conscripts would fight when they are ordered to "go forward" by the ruskie generals who think they are somehow invulnerable in battle like MacArthur or Patton (even though Patton was wounded in battle in WW1, but he wasn't a general then yet) and go up to the front lines to order the conscripts forward. Instead, at least 4 dead ruskie generals, and counting!  Lulz.

Russian conscripts may also be scared there are troops behind them that will shoot them if they deviate from the plan.  Maneuvering around and not blindly charging the enemy may look like they are bailing on Mother Russia.

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

China has to be fairly worried.  Our little missiles that we are handing out like candy are not having any problems with even top-of-the-line Russian hardware, and we are getting lots of data about how to improve them.  We are also getting lots of data about MANPADs against modern Russian aircraft as well.

Taiwan is taking notes and probably putting in orders for lots of stuff.

And China has to get troops and tanks on the fucking beach to start with and they have to have full air superiority to do that.

Lots of people are learning lots of stuff.

Saw a video the other day of one of the toys sent to Ukraine go in one side of an armored vehicle and out the other. I'm sure it instantly cooked the crew inside as the vehicle was completely on fire and continued rolling down the road. A quick death I hope.