Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 hour ago, KYHorn said:

This video, posted yesterday or so, mentions that Russians have been building a pipeline for fuel stretching from Belarus down south towards where the convoy was stalled. Has anyone seen more about this? Seems like a potentially significant development for them.

Seems like that pipeline isn't very secure and making it go boom by dropping some artillery or other munitions would be too easy

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

What's the latest on the story of Russia seizing the foreign owned aircraft leased to Russian carriers? I have to think that a mass seizure will ruin the Russian freight and passenger carriers for decades. I'm sure companies would be willing to sell to them in the future for cash but who would ever lease to them again? Or more importantly, no one would insure those leasing companies or perhaps invest in them.

Russia has basically cut itself off from the outside world with that nifty trick.  What I imagine will happen in the short term is that they are hoping that after the war ends they will issue their own new airworthiness certificates and claim that they are capable of manufacturing parts and servicing the aircraft.  And they’ll hope that enough of the authoritarian countries they fly to will accept that.

A long term option will be to seek a state bailout for the carriers via the purchase of Chinese aircraft and probably integrating their aircraft industry deeper into China’s. One thing China has continued to struggle with is producing indigenous engines— which the Russians can do— so look for the Russians to finally cave on long resisted tech transfer in that field. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Bosnia says, bitch please.  You get the pimp slap Ivan

2ALj.gif

Put down the crack pipe Putin.  It would impossible to move troops into Bosnia without crossing through a NATO country or two and all of the Article V hell that would unleash in the process.

So the elite echelon was moved by air to Novosibirsk?  I'd say that's not a good sign, as two of the giant mountain bases are supposed to be at Kovinsky Kamen and Mount Yamantau.  In 2020, interesting info came out from Putin himself regarding this and his nuclear command.  

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/37569/putin-reveals-existence-of-new-nuclear-command-bunker-and-says-its-almost-complete

Neither of these are very far from Novosibirsk.  I think this is a big signal, he intends to fire a nuclear weapon of some sort in the next day or so.  If our resident Navy guy says he's back in and its going to get interesting in the next few days, I suspect that if he does indeed launch, we will in fact retaliate and will sink his nuclear submarines as a first measure.  This is a very scary time.  

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

So the elite echelon was moved by air to Novosibirsk?  I'd say that's not a good sign, as two of the giant mountain bases are supposed to be at Kovinsky Kamen and Mount Yamantau.  In 2020, interesting info came out from Putin himself regarding this and his nuclear command.  

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/37569/putin-reveals-existence-of-new-nuclear-command-bunker-and-says-its-almost-complete

Neither of these are very far from Novosibirsk.  I think this is a big signal, he intends to fire a nuclear weapon of some sort in the next day or so.  If our resident Navy guy says he's back in and its going to get interesting in the next few days, I suspect that if he does indeed launch, we will in fact retaliate and will sink his nuclear submarines as a first measure.  This is a very scary time.  

Not to shit on a veteran but I highly doubt a guy called back from Ready Reserve is privy to that kind of intel.  

However, fuck Putin.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Not to shit on a veteran but I highly doubt a guy called back from Ready Reserve is privy to that kind of intel.  

However, fuck Putin.  

I'm sure not, and even if he is talking here would be a no no, or anywhere for that matter.  But us calling up reservists isn't a great sign either.  

12 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Maybe sort of....   IMO, RR peeps get called up during times like this for all sorts of reasons.   Let's hope it's "keep 'em fresh and ready" and not "get him on a plane to his last duty station and on task."   

Agree.  For Intel or Logistics guys especially who are in the Reserves it is not that unusual if the US is getting into a situation where we are forward deploying assets/people that they will call up reserve's to back fill jobs stateside.

If we are calling up Reserve guys who are in combat roles to deploy (infantry, tanks, artillery) that is more telling.

43 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

that was my first take as well on seeing the planes chatter (as in going away from europe and towards bunkers in siberia). 

that with fartingmonk's post and another service friend telling me something similar has me unhappy this friday friends

1 minute ago, staboner said:

that was my first take as well on seeing the planes chatter (as in going away from europe and towards bunkers in siberia). 

that with fartingmonk's post and another service friend telling me something similar has me unhappy this friday friends

I guess the real question is, will the Russian leaders follow through with the order, or not.  Human kind hopes for the latter

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

Bosnia says, bitch please.  You get the pimp slap Ivan

2ALj.gif

I always hate when they don't include the actual quote:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/politics/short_news/russian-ambassador-says-bih-can-join-nato-but-moscow-will-react/

“If (Bosnia and Herzegovina) decides to be a member of any alliance, that is an internal matter. Our response is a different matter. Ukraine’s example shows what we expect. Should there be any threat, we will respond,” Kalabukhov told the FTV entity broadcaster.

According to Kalabukhov, the West is posing a threat to Bosnia and Herzegovina’s security by claiming that Russia “is allegedly preparing a plan.”

“We do not have any plans. We will respond having analysed the strategic and geopolitical situation,” the ambassador said. NATO membership is not a reality for BiH given the current lack of consensus on the matter in the country, he added.

That sort of threat in bold really is contradictory to Russia's explanations for its actions in Ukraine and further exposes them as all pre-text. It isn't about Nazis, or nuclear weapons, or biological weapons, or anything else but Putin wanting more power.  

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I guess the real question is, will the Russian leaders follow through with the order, or not.  Human kind hopes for the latter

I think his plan now is level Kyiv in an attempt to decapitate leadership, and he will do so with a nuclear weapon under a false flag of chemical weapons from the Ukrainians, think Kharkiv as an area to do this, it's leveled anyway.  So he would realize a chemical attack in Kharkiv then justify a nuclear strike at Kyiv.  Ugly shit, and lots of people will die, but he doesn't care about any of that at all.  He's deluded himself into thinking that this will break the will of at least eastern Ukraine, from the Dnieper River east.  

Will his nuclear command follow his orders?  I'm not holding out hope.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

"Ukrainian forces liquidated the commander of the 3rd infantry division colonel Igor Nikolaev"

I know this is probably a translation type issue, but I can't help but picture him turning into a pink cloud

I guess we sent them some of our newest weapons.

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

"Ukrainian forces liquidated the commander of the 3rd infantry division colonel Igor Nikolaev"

I know this is probably a translation type issue, but I can't help but picture him turning into a pink cloud

F6A0003C-9C99-4FB4-96DE-B85C54D59CDF.gif.61c482aa699d376bd2ca55ebb7515f9b.gif

Edited by Gatorubet
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russia dropping nukes on Ukraine is about as likely as Sela Ward showing up at my door. 

[Brisket, figuring out the address for atomheart's door......because nukes are more likely to be in play than any of us would like to admit.  Thus, I'm not going to miss out on an opportunity to spend some time with an obviously confused and distressed Ms. Ward]

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Russia dropping nukes on Ukraine is about as likely as Sela Ward showing up at my door. 

They don't have to drop them.  They're already there.  

Remember how they used to place severed heads on spikes at the edge of town as a reminder?  They'll set off a few just to remind NATO.  Of course, the jet stream being what it is...and Putin's genius being what it is...here we go.

whoever posted that YouTube video of the guy telling the “real, strategic events of the war-unbiased”. Just want to give you a big FUthanku for making me dive into a phone-hole and spend way too much time figuring out what is true and what isn’t and are WE being fed “propaganda” but no way is that possible or is it but what about this and that map. Yeah thank you whoever it was. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1