Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

10 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I was wondering the same thing.  And at the 45 second mark it looks like someone trying to leave thru the top hatch is blow straight up and is on fire.  Hard to tell what it is though. 

One guy gets out and you see him trying to inch his way to some cover.  Looks like he was the only survivor.  And I have my doubts about his long term health.

Also - Avatar boobs!

Just now, Hefeweizen said:

Here is the inside of that theater before it got hit.  Holy shit.

"Commit war crimes" is the only play in the Russian military playbook.  It's their "Greg Davis calls a telegraphed 3-yard out pattern on 3rd and long."

I mean, I guess they have one other play they've been running a lot: "get blown the fuck up and die."

I like the second play a lot more.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

One guy gets out and you see him trying to inch his way to some cover.  Looks like he was the only survivor.  And I have my doubts about his long term health.

Also - Avatar boobs!

Dude was getting out, gets blown sky high and lands over between the tank and guardrail. Last dude gets out, get close miss by another strike, looks to be dead in last few frames or just laying in a really weird position.

3 minutes ago, HOOKEM4 said:

Dude was getting out, gets blown sky high and lands over between the tank and guardrail. Last dude gets out, get close miss by another strike, looks to be dead in last few frames or just laying in a really weird position.

Holy shit, how did I miss that.. first guy actually was the flaming rocket exiting screen top. 

25 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If Zelensky survives and Russia is defeated, I wonder if he would go back to entertainment after his tenure as president. He'd have a worldwide audience by then as a hero. I'd watch.

I'd pay 9.95 for some old shows right now if I knew where they were

Just now, Parliament said:

Wiki says that Switchblade drone is only $6k.  At that price, there is a whole bunch of land armor that is obsolete. I can't imagine there's a defense system that can stop a swarm of those things.  

I guess the real question is range. Is the guidance line of sight, or can you get out of range of the tank guns and pick them off? 

22 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Huge if verified -  Kherson airport abandoned by the RU forces

Okay.....side note.  That guy is filming from what is clearly a passenger car.  The tarmac is littered with debris from shit that done got blowed up.  That includes chunks and shards of metal.  Dude is just BEGGING to get a flat tire.  I wouldn't ride around on that in anything that's not tracked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Okay.....side note.  That guy is filming from what is clearly a passenger car.  The tarmac is littered with debris from shit that done got blowed up.  That includes chunks and shards of metal.  Dude is just BEGGING to get a flat tire.  I wouldn't ride around on that in anything that's not tracked.

I'd take a flat tire in a soft-skinned truck over being mistaken for a Russian in a tracked vehicle and having a Javelin shot up my ass....;)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I thought exactly the same thing, Then I thought about taking wheels with good tires off disabled cars and putting them in the back seat.  #DadMode

Edited by TexasEd

17 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Wiki says that Switchblade drone is only $6k.  At that price, there is a whole bunch of land armor that is obsolete. I can't imagine there's a defense system that can stop a swarm of those things.  

agreed and that's the 300 variant... curious if they are sending the larger 600 "tank" killer version. Don't know the cost, just know the company has been prevented from demoing that version.  Wondering if they are using the opportunity for real world use.

It is probably already well understood in this thread, but Putin is really more mob boss than dictator politician. He has stripped the country of money just like the mob takes over legitimate businesses. Why is that distinction important?

Because it means you have to have both his capos and the heads of the military collaborate on a takeover. That’s probably extremely difficult to do.

In the 2000’s I had business in Moscow and met one of the mob group that had taken over one of their major public companies. I don’t want to name the company for fear of waking up with a horse head in my bed.

He looked like what you’d expect in a Russian version of Goodfellas. His office was all paneled wood with animals on the wall, and green felt everywhere. He was swigging vodka at 11 am, and was very brash. Yet, as we found out later, he was powerless under that mob structure and had to run everything right up to the top, which we presumed was someone in the inner circle. Mob figures can have an iron grip for a long time. It may take some time to get Putin out. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

I'd take a flat tire in a soft-skinned truck over being mistaken for a Russian in a tracked vehicle and having a Javelin shot up my ass....;)

I mean, if javelins focus on a hot exhaust source, my ass would most certainly be in jeopardy.  

1 minute ago, TexasEd said:

I thought exactly the same thing, Then I thought about taking wheels with good tires off disabled cars and putting them in the back seat.  #DadMode

See, it's not just me.  Also, I absolutely thought of that phase of redneckery.  If I was going to drive around those areas, or try to use a passenger vehicle to escape an area under attack, one of my prep moves would be to steal 4 compatible wheel/tires off of disabled vehicles.  Can't have enough spares when there's shrapnel laying around everywhere.

2 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It is probably already well understood in this thread, but Putin is really more mob boss than dictator politician. He has stripped the country of money just like the mob takes over legitimate businesses. Why is that distinction important?

Because it means you have to have both his capos and the heads of the military collaborate on a takeover. That’s probably extremely difficult to do.

In the 2000’s I had business in Moscow and met one of the mob group that had taken over one of their major public companies. I don’t want to name the company for fear of waking up with a horse head in my bed.

He looked like what you’d expect in a Russian version of Goodfellas. His office was all paneled wood with animals on the wall, and green felt everywhere. He was swigging vodka at 11 am, and was very brash. Yet, as we found out later, he was powerless under that mob structure and had to run everything right up to the top, which we presumed was someone in the inner circle. Mob figures can have an iron grip for a long time. It may take some time to get Putin out. 

Henry Hillendropov?

Edited by DigglerontheHoof
henry not hank
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

agreed and that's the 300 variant... curious if they are sending the larger 600 "tank" killer version. Don't know the cost, just know the company has been prevented from demoing that version.  Wondering if they are using the opportunity for real world use.

So many new drone options for about every conceivable task.  Neighbor was a 160th pilot (Nightstalkers).  His company is making a strategic communications and coordination drone for combat zones.  Looks like the switchblade in that is is portable and can be carried into the fight and launched above it.  It then helps coordinate the "stack" of fighters and helicopters from various bases and at various altitudes to better identify and coordinate attacks.  I'm sure there's a lot more to it, but they are in defense contractor talks with it now.  

As drones get smaller and smaller, it's the "swarm" that seems inevitable.  Hundreds if not thousands of small, autonomous drones that can attack like a flight of birds/bugs.  Think of the thousands of grackles on campus.  Now think about a coordinated attack, each carrying a small explosive device enough for a single person, that flies over infantry units and picks them off one by one, or vehicle by vehicle.  So small and fast, they'd be almost impossible to single out and destroy before another gets you.

Like this, but with essentially a hand grenade attached to each and no cool lights to tell you where they are and where to run...

giphy.gif

Edited by BabaYaga