Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

A few random thoughts-

1. I think we are doing good at comms intercepts. We (the west) need to make it very clear to Russian officers that we know who they are, what they are doing, and war crimes will be prosecuted. 
2. The message should go to China- you are at a fork in the road. You can go one way and liberalize, improve business, cultural and legal ties to the west. If you pick the other path, Russia’s future will be yours, too. 
3. Russia is stretched out, militarily. If there is a way to jump start a revolt in Belarus and Georgia, real pressure would be applied to the Putin regime. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

remember, the ukes took out that comms tower requiring uncrypted russian comms......  cnn said that earlier today, i'm sure vlad wants to believe that dearly, because the alternative reality is the boys sit inside vlad's encrypted systems and turn around latlong in realtime which if true (and snowden should make everyone believe it's possible) justifies the trillions spent on the toys.

• Like 1

I don’t think Putin has quite the grip on Russia that everyone thinks. From what I’ve read, most of the demonstrators are released within hours. This tells me that the police and the courts are not about making people disappear like this was a 1930 old Bolshevik purge.

Also if a very large group demonstrated, Putin would face a difficult choice. Tell the military to disperse the crowd and if the army refuses, that’s effectively a coup. That being said, there doesn’t appear to be any mass uprising or demonstrations at the level that would make the military pause.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I don’t think Putin has quite the grip on Russia that everyone thinks. From what I’ve read, most of the demonstrators are released within hours. This tells me that the police and the courts are not about making people disappear like this was a 1930 old Bolshevik purge.

Also if a very large group demonstrated, Putin would face a difficult choice. Tell the military to disperse the crowd and if the army refuses, that’s effectively a coup. That being said, there doesn’t appear to be any mass uprising or demonstrations at the level that would make the military pause.

I would love this 100%! An uprising! The problem is: power has been systematically taken from the people over time. Nazis perfected this. People become the proverbial frog in the boiling water. You take a few things away. And promise other things. Blame everyone else for why the people don’t have these things you promised. It works and we see it at work not just in Russia. 

• Rage+1 1

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I would love this 100%! An uprising! The problem is: power has been systematically taken from the people over time. Nazis perfected this. People become the proverbial frog in the boiling water. You take a few things away. And promise other things. Blame everyone else for why the people don’t have these things you promised. It works and we see it at work not just in Russia. 

I've been thinking on this, if there is a mass uprising within Russia, it wouldn't shock me if tactically nuked one of his smaller own cities as a false flag.  Do you really put it past the guy?  I don't.  

Pretty sure it’s ‘frog on a hot plate’, but tomato/potato I guess.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

I've been thinking on this, if there is a mass uprising within Russia, it wouldn't shock me if tactically nuked one of his smaller own cities as a false flag.  Do you really put it past the guy?  I don't.  

Who knows? If he is indeed in  bunker without a thought counterpoint to his own? Will he continue to do what he has done already? Intelligence says he’s got to eat at some point? Poison his food. We have someone at least close on the inside (I am assuming Chinese intel.. because they saw the build up on the border just like we did. They conduct fucking war games with these fucks. China knew. My best guess is China/one other country we aren’t talking about are close enough to doing what we hope.

I promise not to fuck up the thread tomorrow with my hero’s speech to Congress. I also have a job. And despite what @Bama Chick thinks about me. I think she is awesome in her own way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

oh-yes-what.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

He polished up that handle so carefullee, That now he is dead and most painfully

Anyone else notice that even their dress uni's look like shit?  Hell, you could walk out of Marshall's with a better jacket then what their generals are wearing for dress uniforms.

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.  And Putin remembers that.  He won't make the mistake of exposing himself to a popular uprising.

It will have to be a palace coup, and I bet he's one paranoid motherfucker about who gets into the "palace" these days.  It really will just have to be one guy acting alone, I think.  So, I don't hold out much hope.

2 minutes ago, pops said:

Good god.... they are fucking kids. Fuck putin in the goat ass. I honestly can't believe I grew up in the 80s worried about fucking Russia. They suck. 

Just wait until you hear Zelenskyy address our Congress tomorrow. It will be on point, eloquent and dare I say West Wing style for people still drinking that sand. 

Neat article on the Insurgency in waiting group that was formed when the prevailing wisdom was that Ukraine would cede some of it's territory to Russia and this group wanted to carry on resistance in those areas.  But now everyone is all in to defeat Russia.

https://newlinesmag.com/reportage/ukraines-insurgency-in-waiting/

The entire nation is concentrated on fighting these dickheads.

• Hook 'Em 3

Politics is more than red team v blue team.  Pearl clutching over capitulation v gung ho let's go discussion is political and belongs in CR.  It constantly amazes me how supposedly college educated peeps have trouble understanding the difference between a political opinion v news/current events.  Take hot takes to the CR.
It amazes me that this is a "take".
  • Hook 'Em 1

What would you say in front of Congress? Zelenskyy will absolutely crush it!

6 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
4 hours ago, bernorange said:
Politics is more than red team v blue team.  Pearl clutching over capitulation v gung ho let's go discussion is political and belongs in CR.  It constantly amazes me how supposedly college educated peeps have trouble understanding the difference between a political opinion v news/current events.  Take hot takes to the CR.

It amazes me that this is a "take".

Shit “educated peeps” I mean that’s a dead give away. Peep art is kind of a thing now.

44BBDD96-2256-431B-AE0C-397BC59AA765.jpeg

3 hours ago, statsman said:

A few random thoughts-

1. I think we are doing good at comms intercepts. We (the west) need to make it very clear to Russian officers that we know who they are, what they are doing, and war crimes will be prosecuted. 

Would be cool to put a lot of Russian officers/NCOs on full blast on social media - it's liable to get back to quite a few of them.  Just putting their names out there, as in "We know that Lieutenant Vasily Whatever in the 4th Guards, 1st Motorized Rifles is in Ukraine, and we are tracking what he does, and there will be war crimes trials someday."

3 hours ago, statsman said:

3. Russia is stretched out, militarily. If there is a way to jump start a revolt in Belarus and Georgia, real pressure would be applied to the Putin regime. 

Really need to put the Russian military even more through the ringer in Ukraine first.  Georgia is small and Putin would fuck them up hard - they don't have the space that Ukraine does nor the manpower.

If we could get Belarus going though....

3 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The thinking is that they are trying to keep things kind of calm (people won't fight hard if they think they are going to be fined and released), keep from creating marty-like figures that the protestors could rally around (witness the TV editor lady being quickly fined and I guess freed), as well as trying to keep from filling up their holding cells/local jails/whatever.  If they fill those up, then they've A) tied up a personnel having to watch the jailed folks instead of out on the streets and more importantly B) If things go to shit, they have no place to transfer the more serious protestors.  They need to keep jail slots open to put the more serious protestors and keep them secured. Dumping hundreds or thousands in camps runs the risk of them rioting and overthrowing the place.

Those things are not a bad strategy at this point in time, especially if they are having to use riot police in Ukraine as troops.  Right now if people are getting arrested, fined, and let go quickly, it could very well deter a small amount of them going forward, but also there aren't too many reports coming out that people are getting beat the fuck up/killed/etc.

Because if they were seriously torturing protestors on a large scale, killing them, etc., word will get out, and then the gloves are off, and the cops in the black suits may not have as easy of a time arresting people in crowds.

4 minutes ago, RPM said:

I don't think Russians are afraid of being doxxed.

Many wouldn't be but if enough Russian officers and NCOs here and there in Ukraine all of the sudden had their shit put on blast on social media and it gets back to them, and they think they are being watched, it could make some of them hesitate.

At the very least they'll be paranoid, and they won't trust the people above them to keep their communications secure.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, MoJames said:

Apologize, you mean that Russia's Medvedev can use the death penalty to enforce punishment or that he will be put to death or something else?

I mean that Russia can formally reinstate the death penalty.  Medvedev had flagged this as a benefit of leaving the council a couple weeks back. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Rage+1 1

19 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Don't make me go CR.  The bold is a very, very, very good question.

And you can't have the leadership without some collaboration from the people.  Russia is the way it is because, above all else, a very significant portion of the Russian people WANT it to be that way.  And the way it is.....is as a warring state that wishes to continue to wage war, open as well as asymmetric, on dozens and dozens of fronts.  On this planet, Russia is a flaming weight, dragging down civilization and burning us all in the process.

Would changing their leadership fix shit?  Well, without that, everything else is pointless.  But changing the leadership today is not nearly enough to resolve the huge problem that Russia and the Russian worldview presents.

This is true. Ideologies of the leadership do not stray that far from the people. We would all like to believe that the Russian people are screaming for help behind their wall as Putin holds them hostage, but that simply isn't true. The people may not agree with the tactics, but I bet if you questioned them you would find that they are fairly aligned on the ideology. After all Russians have been under that leadership since forever. It's not as if they had a democracy and then suddenly were back to a dictatorship. They know nothing else. It's part of their DNA.

I am way behind on the thread, so I apologize if I'm beating a dead horse. Moving way too fast.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, RPM said:

I don't think Russians are afraid of being doxxed.

Funny historical note- the Nazis had mustard gas. Late in the war, when defeat was certain, Hitler gave the order to use it. He was not obeyed, because on scene commanders knew the war was lost and they would have to answer for war crimes. That’s what I’m getting at with the suggestion that the west broadcast that we know who and where they are. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

It is interesting how young these Russian soldiers are. Given the age divide in sources of news/information, you'd think a fair portion of them are somewhat aware of the reality in Ukraine. Probably explains the morale and dissertation problems.

4 minutes ago, KYHorn said:

It is interesting how young these Russian soldiers are. Given the age divide in sources of news/information, you'd think a fair portion of them are somewhat aware of the reality in Ukraine. Probably explains the morale and dissertation problems.

Losing millions of young men in the 1940s put a ripple in their population age demos that is still there, as many of those men did not procreate. Maybe we are at the right time point for that missing generation, and it has to be made up by older and younger?