Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Why not the removal of Putin at this point? He’s proven he cannot be a participant on the world stage. No honor. No trust. Willing to potentially throw in chemical warfare and nuclear because of a galactically stupid invasion with hideous intel and even worse horrible strategy and weapons. We know where he is. Just get it done. Send in one of those people for that purpose. Adios mother fucker! 

Holy hell, he's in a hardened facility in the Urals surrounded by 50 k of troops.  I'm not saying it's impossible but that would make a James Bond plot look logical and realistic to send in an assassin.  Let's just pretend you could skip to the door of the bunker, it's locked and designed to withstand a nuclear blast.  If Putin is taken out, it will be by someone inside of that, not anyone from outside.  

• Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

As it stands now, we have people practically stumping for MAD over Ukrainian alignment with the west. Not independence -- alignment with the west

You keep peddling this Russian lie over and over, even though other posters have repeatedly pointed it out. 

Putin wants to bring back the Russian Empire. He does not think Ukraine has a right to exist as a sovereign entity. He does not think they should have been given autonomy during the USSR and should not have ever been able to leave being a Russian vassal province. He wants to revoke this and subjugate Ukraine and the Ukrainian people under Russian oppression again. 

Despite this being pointed out to you over and over, you still repeat the Russian lie.

You are far more poisoned from reading/watching Russian propaganda on Russia Today than you realize. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Holy hell, he's in a hardened facility in the Urals surrounded by 50 k of troops.  I'm not saying it's impossible but that would make a James Bond plot look logical and realistic to send in an assassin.  Let's just pretend you could skip to the door of the bunker, it's locked and designed to withstand a nuclear blast.  If Putin is taken out, it will be by someone inside of that, not anyone from outside.  

I wonder if he will attend the May Day parade.

2 hours ago, RPM said:

Yeah, about that. You start cannibalizing aircraft for spare parts and doing undocumented/certified repairs both aircraft become virtually worthless. It's a lose/lose.

The executive director at the research center I work at was a former Army Colonel.  Anytime ANYONE suggests cannibalization of any of our equipment to make something work he gives them a stare that could melt steel...

He does NOT like his logistics messed with.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ag with kids said:

The executive director at the research center I work at was a former Army Colonel.  Anytime ANYONE suggests cannibalization of any of our equipment to make something work he gives them a stare that could melt steel...

He does NOT like his logistics messed with.

We’ve seen this movie before with Russian civil aviation in the 1990s to early 2000s. That fleet will never fly outside of Russia and people will die. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 3/14/2022 at 9:25 AM, Buzzrock said:

Can y’all see these articles? I thought that if a subscriber shared a WSJ article then it wouldn’t be behind a paywall:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-one-of-russias-deadliest-assaults-on-a-ukraine-city-they-want-to-terrorize-11647204498

Warning: it’s rough.

““Your first re­ac­tion is shock. You are stunned. Your mind re­jects it,” Ms. Zh­danova said. “You see it with your eyes, like with a cam­era, like you are not a hu­man be­ing. Then af­ter five or 10 min­utes, you re­al­ize how ter­ri­fy­ing it is and start trem­bling, shak­ing, cry­ing.””

The West needs to negotiate an end to this now.

Trying this again. See if this link works:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/inside-one-of-russias-deadliest-assaults-on-a-ukraine-city-they-want-to-terrorize-11647204498?st=h52vpyumxopkqqn&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Pretty sure we will never see him in public again, ever.  

I Don't know about that. Missing that parade would be a massive deal. I think he has to attend. And maybe the reason all their tier 2 and tier 3 shit is in the ukraine is they are keeping the modern stuff for the parade. 

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

I Don't know about that. Missing that parade would be a massive deal. I think he has to attend. And maybe the reason all their tier 2 and tier 3 shit is in the ukraine is they are keeping the modern stuff for the parade. 

Vlad has pretty much proven he doesn't have to do shit, especially in Russia, he does whatever the hell he wants.  

18 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Russia is leaving the Council of Europe, so now Medvedev can have his death penalty. 

Apologize, you mean that Russia's Medvedev can use the death penalty to enforce punishment or that he will be put to death or something else?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

WTF?

You want us to RETREAT?  Yeah.  That won't encourage Putin to do this over and over and over AT ALL.  Fuck, we already learned that lesson when nobody piped up about the "annexation" of Crimea or the incursion of little green men into Donbas.

Putin will not be stopped.....until he is stopped.  This isn't about being manly, or donning the breastplate of badassery or some bullshit.  It's about standing up to a psychopathic violent bully to stop him where he stands.  Because if we don't, he 100% will continue his actions.

Correct, a bully isn't going to stop bullying until you punch him in the face. This has to end now, he can't be allowed to continue this behavior, it has been rewarded in the past. No more.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Apologize, you mean that Russia's Medvedev can use the death penalty to enforce punishment or that he will be put to death or something else?

The former. Medvedev wants to reinstate the death penalty to suppress dissent. 

• Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Correct, a bully isn't going to stop bullying until you punch him in the face. This has to end now, he can't be allowed to continue this behavior, it has been rewarded in the past. No more.

Not to throw a Gibbs rule in there but it’s not the punch it’s the follow through. Lots of punches right now for Putin on several fronts…we need a follow through. The knock out. It’s been discussed what that might be: diplomacy, negotiations, sanctions, sending weapons, sending more troops to safeguard NATO interests: all good punches. We need the follow through. Bite the ear off Mike Tyson style…just kidding. But closing the skies and allowing NATO troops to beat them back is a follow through. Is it without cost? No. Or should we wait to see if Putin decides to use chemical warfare on the Ukrainians and then have to pull out everyone anyway as we watch the Ukrainians slowly die.

I think we are past the point of criticizing being preemptive with Putin at this point. I don’t think even China can get them to stand down and I’m not convinced we know what China’s end game is in this or if they can be trusted to right the ship. I know China will do what’s in the best interest of  China and fuck everyone on the planet…

waiting for the follow through…

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Makes sense to not escalate since a no-fly implies shooting down violators. But is there anything stopping NATO from flying over Ukraine including over Russian troops in a non-no-fly manner? 

Only our desire not to escalate to WW3.  If we fly one plane over the border, we need to be ready to go straight to a full air war.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The US administration is right to avoid any movement to a NFZ, soft or hard. Hell, Russia showed they’re fine shooting down a 777 a few years ago. Too much risk of escalating out of control. 

It’s time to review the 60 years old Berlin Cold War playbook. JFK never gets enough credit for how firm he was. Khrushchev tried to slightly change the deal a few times, and each time was very firmly countered by JFK. For example- when Khrushchev said that all vehicles crossing the German border would be inspected, including US vehicles going to West Berlin, Kennedy ordered an armed caravan to mass in the border, led by a senior general. After the full caravan was assembled, Kennedy gave the order for them to drive to Berlin and stop for nobody. Khrushchev dropped his new rule. 

That is the kind of firmness we need now. 

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

After Zelenskyy addresses Congress tomorrow… I feel like they will get some damn planes… maybe. It’s soul shattering to watch. I still have hope they can win…just keep wanting and praying for a miracle. Hopefully Putin dies soon. 

In the past, the Russian/Soviet leader dying meant someone who has benefitted from the same system takes his place, so nothing changes.  The way putin has shaped his government over the decades, what are the odds that the men in line to take over don’t all think the same way he does?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, clapclapclap said:

Definitely rude

War in Ukraine: who is Marina Ovsyannikova, who opened an anti-war poster  on Russian TV?

Edited by TexasEd
muledick
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

The Russian attempts at sanctions on the U.S. today are just so precious.  I don't know you write out "Bless your Heart" in their alphabet, my we are truly blessed.  

If you're Russian, and it seems like there are people of influence in our country that support/admire what you're doing...I assure you...it only seems that way.

The world is going to finish what the Nazis couldn't.  And the rest of us will laugh and laugh until we are very old men. 

23 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

On one of the front lines, the SSO operators of Ukraine drove the enemy out of the occupied positions, destroyed his equipment and liberated an important transport artery.

:(

1 -- "room for compromise."  Remember, a Russian "compromise" would be "we were planning to subjugate your entire country, execute all of your leadership, rape your women, and lay waste to your cities.  However, we now realize that seems cruel and discriminatory -- so our offer is that we will rape your children, too."

2 -- Zelensky is saying the "we won't join NATO" for a reason.  It's really the only chip to offer that Ukraine finds acceptable.  It won't be enough -- see the "Russian compromises" above -- but he's trying to offer something.

2 minutes ago, statsman said:

(Longhorn) Kevin Williamson had a good commentary-

Russian Invasion of Ukraine: Civilized World Renders Judgment | National Review

“The woman’s pelvis had been crushed and her hip detached.”

I don’t even know what that last part means. I suppose I can imagine a crushed pelvis easily enough. I can’t imagine what a detached hip looks like or feels like.

The woman in question was famous for a minute. She was a Ukrainian mother who appeared in a famous news photograph. She is dead now. So is the child she was carrying. She was photographed being carried out of that Mariupol maternity hospital that was bombed by Russian troops in Ukraine, one of many examples of the savagery in which the Russians have been engaged. It is tempting to write “sub-human” savagery, but savagery is entirely human. Nobody talks about rattlesnakes or scorpions behaving in a savage fashion — nobody expects them to be anything other than what they are. But we expect more of H. sap. — God knows why.

“Unidentified bloodied pregnant woman,” one headline called her. She must have had a name.

We know the name of Tatiana Perebeinis, 43, and her children, Nikita, 18, and Alise, 9. They were killed running for their lives when they were fired on by Russian artillery. Another famous photo. She was an accountant for a Silicon Valley tech company, working out of Irpin. “Photos of Tatiana Perebeinis and her kids lying in a gutter, surrounded by suitcases and pet carriers, ran on the front page of The New York Times on Tuesday and reverberated around the world,” reports the Daily Beast. I suppose they did.

Here is another family being wiped out, this time caught on video. There are more like it than you want to see.

“We are all Ukrainians now,” says the headline over a Wall Street Journalcolumn. The sentiment is a humane one. But it is a lie. We are not all Ukrainians. Most of us are far removed from anything like that kind of danger or that kind of suffering. The worst we have felt is higher gasoline prices and more expensive groceries. These matter, of course, and they matter a great deal to the poor, for whom these additional financial burdens are very heavy. But that is not the same.

It is not easy to be brave, and it is not easy to suffer. But how much easier it must be to suffer oneself than to watch one’s children suffer, to be cold and hungry, to die, blown to pieces in the womb before taking their first breath. How many Ukrainian mothers and fathers would happily — joyfully — give their own lives if it meant that their children could have a decent dinner and a safe, warm place to sleep — i.e., if they could have what my dogs have? Millions, I imagine.

No, we are not all Ukrainians now. Not by a damned sight.

We are not all Russians either. I do not flatter myself that the Russian people have been waiting for my advice, but I will offer it, anyway: You have to act. You must. This is your country, your army, your government, your tax dollars, your flag, your name. Vladimir Putin is not a superman, and he cannot act alone. What is being done by your government is not going to be forgiven. You, and your children, and your grandchildren will bear the shame of this. Things are never going to go back to normal for you. I don’t know if you have noticed, but, to put it in popular terms, the civilized world has got together, and we have voted you off the island. The ties between you and the civilized world that have been cut in recent weeks are not going to be restored quickly, and many of them will never be restored at all. You are not part of the civilized world anymore. We are not going to forget what you have been party to, what so many of you have stood by and accepted.

What makes it worse, if that is possible, and certainly more asinine: You have already lost, in that what your government had hoped to achieve will not be achieved. You can murder as many expectant mothers and children as you like, bomb them until you run out of munitions, burn down the hospitals and the libraries, execute all the mayors, and you will still have lost. And when you are gone, the civilized people of this world are going to help to rebuild Ukraine, and you will be — what? Praying for high gas prices?

Spot on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MillerEP said:

Bucha today.

Ukrainian farmers trophied rockets to the Hurricane MLRS. Photo location unknown.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

The video from Bucha.....is that all Russian abandoned equipment in all of those driveways?  WTF?  They just walked away?  I would like to know more about what happened there.

Two primary options: 1) The farmers have to park their loot somewhere so they can go back out and get another one. 2) The russians parked it there when looking for food in those houses.  I think it is #1