Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Okay.....side note.  That guy is filming from what is clearly a passenger car.  The tarmac is littered with debris from shit that done got blowed up.  That includes chunks and shards of metal.  Dude is just BEGGING to get a flat tire.  I wouldn't ride around on that in anything that's not tracked.

Maybe he shops at Discount Tire? They have a pretty damn good warranty.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Now think about a coordinated attack, each carrying a small explosive device enough for a single person, that flies over infantry units and picks them off one by one, or vehicle by vehicle.  So small and fast, they'd be almost impossible to single out and destroy before another gets you.

Every attack leads to a countermeasure.

This is where Brisket begins developing a device that looks like a combination between a Phalanx system and a 50-barrel 10 gauge automatic.  50 barrels with 6 rounds each available, but the rounds are significantly larger/longer to carry a bigger powder load (for more energy and range) loaded with F shot.  Short-range radar-guided -- it picks up small targets (say, the size of a snow goose) and blows them away at 300 yards -- plenty of distance to render a drone explosion relatively harmless.  Mount that on multiple vehicles in any column or convoy.

And, I mean, if you wanna cheat and use one during the special snow goose season to knock their numbers down, more power to ya.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Every attack leads to a countermeasure.

This is where Brisket begins developing a device that looks like a combination between a Phalanx system and a 50-barrel 10 gauge automatic.  50 barrels with 6 rounds each available, but the rounds are significantly larger/longer to carry a bigger powder load (for more energy and range) loaded with F shot.  Short-range radar-guided -- it picks up small targets (say, the size of a snow goose) and blows them away at 300 yards -- plenty of distance to render a drone explosion relatively harmless.  Mount that on multiple vehicles in any column or convoy.

And, I mean, if you wanna cheat and use one during the special snow goose season to knock their numbers down, more power to ya.

2c7d27803e7103722a1b42b9ac7de78d.gif

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Okay.....side note.  That guy is filming from what is clearly a passenger car.  The tarmac is littered with debris from shit that done got blowed up.  That includes chunks and shards of metal.  Dude is just BEGGING to get a flat tire.  I wouldn't ride around on that in anything that's not tracked.

Dude prolly wrapped his tires in Russian scrap metal. He's good.

48 minutes ago, Fico said:

I'd pay 9.95 for some old shows right now if I knew where they were

Zelensky recently starred in and created the Netflix satirical series Servant to the People, which ended (no shock here) when he decided to run for president in 2019 under a new political party also titled Servant of the People. Coincidence? Maybe not.

Netflix has finally added this gem back to its service in the United States, meaning Americans curious about the Ukrainian figurehead’s unusual pre-presidential acting career can check out the series as they continue to marvel at his work against the Russian invasion. The show aired three seasons from 2017-2021, debuting a total of 51 episodes to the streamer. Right now, you can stream the entire first season of the satire on Netflix anywhere in the U.S.

Of course, Netflix is jacking up their fees again to like $15. 

47 minutes ago, Parliament said:

Wiki says that Switchblade drone is only $6k.  At that price, there is a whole bunch of land armor that is obsolete. I can't imagine there's a defense system that can stop a swarm of those things.  

That's smaller anti-personnel one. The Switchblade 600 I'm sure costs a lot more. 

3 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

That's smaller anti-personnel one. The Switchblade 600 I'm sure costs a lot more. 

"Sure, I can set you up with the Switchblade 300.  It's a fine drone.  A solid choice.  But you look like a family man.  And doesn't your family deserve the Switchblade 600?"

Used-Cars-trailer.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

So many new drone options for about every conceivable task.  Neighbor was a 160th pilot (Nightstalkers).  His company is making a strategic communications and coordination drone for combat zones.  Looks like the switchblade in that is is portable and can be carried into the fight and launched above it.  It then helps coordinate the "stack" of fighters and helicopters from various bases and at various altitudes to better identify and coordinate attacks.  I'm sure there's a lot more to it, but they are in defense contractor talks with it now.  

As drones get smaller and smaller, it's the "swarm" that seems inevitable.  Hundreds if not thousands of small, autonomous drones that can attack like a flight of birds/bugs.  Think of the thousands of grackles on campus.  Now think about a coordinated attack, each carrying a small explosive device enough for a single person, that flies over infantry units and picks them off one by one, or vehicle by vehicle.  So small and fast, they'd be almost impossible to single out and destroy before another gets you.

Like this, but with essentially a hand grenade attached to each and no cool lights to tell you where they are and where to run...

giphy.gif

Hitchcock's prophecy

Tippi Hedren GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Honest question, say The Hague says Putin has committed war crimes what happens?  Doesn't someone need to go grab him to make him stand trial?  Does this just give other Russian leaders an "out" to turn the old Bunker Dwarf over and remove him from power?

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

In one of the videos I probably posted in this thread already here, too, one of the Ukrainian soldiers commented that the ruskies/orcs always fight "straight-ahead" and "never maneuver" so that Ukrainian forces can always move around them and have multiple axes of attack to destroy the ruskies/orcs with.

That definitely sounds how ruskie-conscripts would fight when they are ordered to "go forward" by the ruskie generals who think they are somehow invulnerable in battle like MacArthur or Patton (even though Patton was wounded in battle in WW1, but he wasn't a general then yet) and go up to the front lines to order the conscripts forward. Instead, at least 4 dead ruskie generals, and counting!  Lulz.

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This dude has lost the fucking plot.  He goes on to say that he doesn’t mind if people have a villa in Miami or French Riviera, the problem is in their “mental state— they are not from here, they are not from Russia.”

Back at the end of the Cold War and start of independent Russia, some foreign policy wag called Russia “Upper Volta with rockets.”  The big story of this war, regardless of who wins, is going to be Russia’s accelerated decline.  

FUCKING RINOS!  (Russians in Name Only)

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Nature abhors a vacuum.  Just fucking call it "McDowell's" and have a sense of humor about it already

anigif_sub-buzz-32697-1509645119-1.gif?r

Goog, I mean SkyNet-translate app says those words underneath the logo are Uncle Ivan....[the] Terrible!  How fitting that the food will Suck!  Lulz.

image.png.9ebb99e97f1771f5e786c7f209c2b53d.png

Even creepier than the BK king......

Edited by BachelorTrek

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

When he gets a flat, he'll just switch to another abandoned vehicle.

3 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Goog, I mean SkyNet-translate app says those words underneath the logo are Uncle Ivan....[the] Terrible!  How fitting that the food will Suck!  Lulz.

image.png.9ebb99e97f1771f5e786c7f209c2b53d.png

It's more like drunk uncle Ivan. Vanya is an informal sort of nickname, something said to someone with affection. 

1 hour ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

agreed and that's the 300 variant... curious if they are sending the larger 600 "tank" killer version. Don't know the cost, just know the company has been prevented from demoing that version.  Wondering if they are using the opportunity for real world use.

600 is still being fielded for US SOCOM. Not sure we would send those. 

• Hook 'Em 2

40 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

love that list and General Joe is doing very well.  I've changed my mind on sending Migs from Poland because the Ukranian Migs are not being used much right now as is probably because they might get Stingered by friendly fire.  Sending more Migs is useless then.  Love sending more JAVENINS and stuff the infantry can use to smash their trucks.

It's so beautiful !!

25-Taps-1981.jpg 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

In one of the videos I probably posted in this thread already here, too, one of the Ukrainian soldiers commented that the ruskies/orcs always fight "straight-ahead" and "never maneuver" so that Ukrainian forces can always move around them and have multiple axes of attack to destroy the ruskies/orcs with.

That definitely sounds how ruskie-conscripts would fight when they are ordered to "go forward" by the ruskie generals who think they are somehow invulnerable in battle like MacArthur or Patton (even though Patton was wounded in battle in WW1, but he wasn't a general then yet) and go up to the front lines to order the conscripts forward. Instead, at least 4 dead ruskie generals, and counting!  Lulz.

Combine that with all those weird videos of one or two Russian tanks wandering around unsupported, like something from a video game.

Today it occurred to me that maybe Russian tankers train by using only World of Tanks or some such.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BabaYaga said:

So many new drone options for about every conceivable task.  Neighbor was a 160th pilot (Nightstalkers).  His company is making a strategic communications and coordination drone for combat zones.  Looks like the switchblade in that is is portable and can be carried into the fight and launched above it.  It then helps coordinate the "stack" of fighters and helicopters from various bases and at various altitudes to better identify and coordinate attacks.  I'm sure there's a lot more to it, but they are in defense contractor talks with it now.  

As drones get smaller and smaller, it's the "swarm" that seems inevitable.  Hundreds if not thousands of small, autonomous drones that can attack like a flight of birds/bugs.  Think of the thousands of grackles on campus.  Now think about a coordinated attack, each carrying a small explosive device enough for a single person, that flies over infantry units and picks them off one by one, or vehicle by vehicle.  So small and fast, they'd be almost impossible to single out and destroy before another gets you.

Like this, but with essentially a hand grenade attached to each and no cool lights to tell you where they are and where to run...

giphy.gif

It's even scarier than we think. This is from 2017, and has warning at the end stating all of the technology already exists. FIVE YEARS ago. 

CHIEF

6 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Man this is Eastern Europe. He still hasn't taken the snow chains off of his tires that he put there the day before the Berlin Wall fell.

So if we discount all the cold war air force & navy brush-ups, and all the times that the soviets both flew planes into the warzones from the USSR and American pilots faced them in both the Korean War and the Vietnam War, this famous standoff occurring during the Berlin Crisis in October 1961 (just after the Berlin Wall went up) was the last time USA and ruskies (then soviets) faced each other in direct intimidation.

I never even knew this standoff happened until I came across pictures of it-- it wasn't in any of my history books, even the ones that mentioned the Berlin Airlift.

10 M-48 Patton tanks and 10 T-55 soviet tanks faced each other at Checkpoint Charlie, 300 feet from each other.

image.thumb.png.7e88839f2e4704a2d428f4a46a1f52bd.png

USA tanks in the foreground, soviet tanks in the background.

image.thumb.png.165e4e5d9c613ccde5753b08dfa28651.png

soviet T-55 tanks

image.thumb.png.22b0d3b79c9ddf2b3eea615678049821.png

image.thumb.png.1d97df03d184e6170c88f85d8b90ae45.png

USA M-48 Patton tanks

Article and some more photos:
https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/standoff-checkpoint-charlie-1961/

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1