Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

49 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

covering up the deaths

Graveyard don't lie. That's what they see. They don't honor the contracts. They don't pay the widows. The graves are dug and there's a new name. It's not in the papers. The gung-ho motherfuckers are dead months ago. Those that remain are about to let Pirogue roll right by. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Oh, wow. I mean, just wow.

2 minutes ago, vtaenz said:

Rostov is still a really long way from Moscow.

If they can take Rostov without taking much fire from the Russian Army which is all over the surrounding areas/Ukrainian border, Moscow is wide open, because the further (farther) they go, the more it will be down to 

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Is there an O/U on how long this “coup” lasts? I don’t give them 4 hours before the Wagner folks are slaughtered. I bet it’s just a small number participating anyway. No way are they all on board

It doesn't work when you do it on purpose.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

Just now, Helobious said:

Is there an O/U on how long this “coup” lasts? I don’t give them 4 hours before the Wagner folks are slaughtered. I bet it’s just a small number participating anyway. No way are they all on board

It depends, Prigozhin said a few weeks ago that Russian was going to put out a shoot-to-kill order on Wagner, and then Russia ordered Wagner to join the Russian Army by July 1st.

A whole lot of Wagner types were probably all thinking the same thing - if they are forced into the Russian Army, then they will find themselves being put through the meat grinder - these dudes all watched the Wagner convicts get chewed up, and then the regular Russian Army get chewed up at Bakhmut.

Would be funny if the below referenced this.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Please, don't change.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dude. You act like the Wagner are “smart” people. Most are convicts and the rest are just serial killers who get paid for the work. They don’t care. Provide booze after a long day of killing and they are happy to do what boss says. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that isn't what's going to happen.  I think if he gets a few more dominoes to fall, Pringles has a shot at a legit coup here.  The general dissatisfaction of ordinary Russians could be much more than we think.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Man it's really nice that Surly finally has it's own version of Jim Cramer - do you have any stock buys that I could invert on?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

35 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

Between now and then I fully expect Musk will launch himself at the sun, along with an octagon, and him and Zuckerberg will throw down will in the Sun's corona.

Xi is going to invade Laos and be roundly defeated.  

King Charles will become mired in a scandal involving sex with a farm animal.  

It's been a strange week.  

I didn't even know King Charles went to A&M....Pretty sure they would have added it to the hall of championships before the Queen was cold

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That would require someone to fire a shot, which doesn’t appear to be happening.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Lol. You’re right. That small group of hired convicts is going to overthrow the Russian government and definitely defeat a military 10x their size

So Russia has 200-500k more troops they aren’t using. Estimate for Wagner is 20-50k. Hmmmm

• Haha 1

Just now, Royalfan5 said:

So are the Ukrainians just waiting to see what units wander off before pushing forward gently to see what falls over at the point?

It's a weird situation - on the one hand, the Ukrainians probably have 80% or more of the troops they've built up for the counter-offensive still waiting to be used, and they sure as hell could cause some havoc if they unleashed a bunch of them, especially towards Mariupol (which is not far from Rostov-on-Don).

And the fact that Wagner got no resistance rolling towards and into Rostov on Don should scare the absolute hell out of Putin.  You'd think some colonels or generals would grab a bunch of Russian soldiers and haul ass towards Rostov on Don hoping to do something and curry favor with Putin.

On the other hand, Prigozhin is promising to end the war, and if this is actually playing out like it looks, Russian troops will have to be pulled out of Ukraine either because they have to go after Wagoner (which they'll slow walk it) or because they can't be trusted.  The FSB, OMON/riot police, etc., cannot take on tens of thousands of Wagner mercenaries who are doing a re-enactment of Sherman's March to the Sea, or Moscow as it were.

• Hook 'Em 2

Lol. You’re right. That small group of hired convicts is going to overthrow the Russian government and definitely defeat a military 10x their size

I don't think they really have much in the way of interior defense, and it doesn't look like he's getting much in the way of opposition.  Half of the Russian army is Ukraine, and the other half is stationed around it's borders, which is fucking huge.  They might literally roll up the highway gaining supporters as they go, not meeting much in the way of resistance.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Shaddie said:

So Russia has 200-500k more troops they aren’t using. Estimate for Wagner is 20-50k. Hmmmm

Russia has an extremely robust rail infrastructure within their own borders. I don't know if partisans can take enough of it out of action to freeze those soldiers

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

The military appears to be part of the coup. They aren’t firing a shot.

Yeah.  Even if they aren't directly putting on Wagner armbands or whatever, if they aren't firing a shot, as far as the folks in Moscow are concerned, they are a part of the coup.

And things are spreading - if this is true, it means that another oblast is being contested, and this one is bordering Rostov and Belgorod. More importantly, it's on the way to Moscow from Rostov.

• Hook 'Em 2

"Without a Tsar, Russia is a widow and the Russian people are orphans." - Old Russian proverb

We will see if this mirrors any of the Time of Troubles which had an abrupt absence in leadership. The son of Ivan the Terrible, Tsar Fyodor, died before producing an heir and the next in line would have been his half-brother, Prince Dmitri, but who was mysteriously slain years earlier as a young child. Dmitri was found dead, throat slit, at the tender age of nine. Dmitri's mother accused Boris Godunov of the dastardly murder but Boris simply claimed that the young boy must have been epileptic and fell tragically on his own knife. The Russian habit of mysterious deaths has apparently been a cherished tradition, passed on generation-to-generation...

Anyways, Boris had the fortune, or possibly the incredible foresight, to be elected next Tsar. However he managed to make his own fate, he could not also strong-arm Fortune. Russia succumbed to many famines and plagues. As unrest grew so did the rise of the False Dmitris, all claiming to be the long lost half-brother and the legitimate owner of the throne. These pretenders would rise up along the borderlands, supported by Poles or Cossacks or any manner of disenfranchised that they would encounter along the way towards to Moscow. Frequently local garrisons that were nominally obligated to halt the long revolutionary marches would instead join the pretenders. Needless to say there were many years of turmoil and many changes in leadership.

Now the present situation is not in any way based upon royal bloodlines or distant claims to hereditary rule. However the underlying dilemma of legitimacy is very similar. Plus Mr. Priggy faces the same general strategy, march to Moscow to make a change. Who is going to let him pass? Who will join his side? It is all quite incredible and I know one thing --- I will certainly be grabbing Ye Olde Bucket of Popcorn for the next few days.

Cinema spectator of the Renaissance, a man in a medieval collar eats popcorn,  Stock Photo | Adobe Stock

Edited by dimyh
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Raises hand.

It appears they are going to roll right into Moscow IMO.

It could happen yes. Likely. No. At least I hope no. Pringles seems more likely to use nukes than Putin. But if he controls RU I can see his struggle to keep that will keep him somewhat in check. These dudes egos won’t allow them to piss the whole world off so they nuked to Stone Age. 

1 minute ago, Shaddie said:

It could happen yes. Likely. No. At least I hope no. Pringles seems more likely to use nukes than Putin. But if he controls RU I can see his struggle to keep that will keep him somewhat in check. These dudes egos won’t allow them to piss the whole world off so they nuked to Stone Age. 

Buckle up.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Did you see something a comment on TikTok? 

Don't agree. An insurgency is hard to put out. And looks like it is their core force. Notice no Russian aircraft attacking them? Cuz Wagner was given operational control of them. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3