Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Imagine the condition of some of this equipment. Yeah, I am sure Brazil and Belarus really keep up with maintenance. 

This would not necessarily mean that the equipment is in good shape, but the Russians (like us), frequently require that Russian techs be on-site to do maintenance on a lot of their high-value tech.  Really common with aircraft. I don’t know the precise deals with these countries but it would not be surprising if they had factory techs doing key work. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This would not necessarily mean that the equipment is in good shape, but the Russians (like us), frequently require that Russian techs be on-site to do maintenance on a lot of their high-value tech.  Really common with aircraft. I don’t know the precise deals with these countries but it would not be surprising if they had factory techs doing key work. 

Maybe.

But regarding your parenthetical, if I’ve learned anything during this debacle, it’s that the Russians are not like us. So maybe it’s “required” that a tech be on site. But if I’m Yuri, I’m probably banging whores and not working on Yaks. Or only putting in token face time because I’m getting paid to spend my time selling the parts on the black market.

I’m also struggling to come up with what Russian equipment the Brazilians have because they buy a ton of stuff used from us and Western Europe. Helicopters maybe?
  • Hook 'Em 3

9 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Imagine the condition of some of this equipment. Yeah, I am sure Brazil and Belarus really keep up with maintenance. 

Egypt and Pakistan (and to a somewhat lesser degree, Brazil) are major American allies that get a ton of military aid, including technical assistance with things like maintenance.  It would not at all surprise me if the equipment in those countries is in significantly better shape than the stuff that stayed in Russia.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Egypt and Pakistan (and to a somewhat lesser degree, Brazil) are major American allies that get a ton of military aid, including technical assistance with things like maintenance.  It would not at all surprise me if the equipment in those countries is in significantly better shape than the stuff that stayed in Russia.

We tend to sell maintenance packages with specific equipment. And it still is an issue. Either way buying back their shit is funny. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chad Fuck said:

Maybe.

But regarding your parenthetical, if I’ve learned anything during this debacle, it’s that the Russians are not like us. So maybe it’s “required” that a tech be on site. But if I’m Yuri, I’m probably banging whores and not working on Yaks. Or only putting in token face time because I’m getting paid to spend my time selling the parts on the black market.

I’m also struggling to come up with what Russian equipment the Brazilians have because they buy a ton of stuff used from us and Western Europe. Helicopters maybe?

I was wondering the same. Some comments said MI-24's. 

16 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Good twelve part read.  The fatalism of the average Soviet/Russian man is mind blowing.   They go to war without equipment or training or food after they’re tricked into it, and do it.

Our patriots refuse to go to Cabela’s if they have to wear a mask.

This made me visualize our natural gas provider having its workers mobilized.  I don't think the results would be all that great.  I can promise you this, they will arrive late, they will get confused by the paper work, and it will take six of them and a supervisor to turn on a meter.  

• Haha 7
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, BamaATL said:

This made me visualize our natural gas provider having its workers mobilized.  I don't think the results would be all that great.  I can promise you this, they will arrive late, they will get confused by the paper work, and it will take six of them and a supervisor to turn on a meter.  

@Brisketexan?