Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

9 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

…and if I didn’t teach my scouts that, when they found 1000 ants in their sleeping bag - where they decided to break the rules and eat potato chips in bed the night before - gave them a much better understanding of policing the area

Better ants than bears.  But we digress.  

Optics and morale be damned, Ukraine needs to fortify along these lines to provide some insurance against a Russian breakthrough if there’s a hiccup in allied support or manpower. Russia still wants more Ukrainian territory (like Odesa so they can go for Moldova) and they still want a puppet leader in Kyiv. 

Edited by B00M
  • Rage+1 1

Hungary has historically had the unerring ability to choose the wrong side in any major conflict. Clearly this hasn't changed.

It's still a little shocking to me that the lessons of 1956 have already been forgotten there (save, perhaps, for the unfortunate lesson that the West abandoned them to their fate). Wanting a Russia with clearly imperial tendencies, same as then, to crawl back in bed with them after 50 years of previous abuse seems, um, unwise.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, flatdawgs said:

Hungary has historically had the unerring ability to choose the wrong side in any major conflict. Clearly this hasn't changed.

It's still a little shocking to me that the lessons of 1956 have already been forgotten there (save, perhaps, for the unfortunate lesson that the West abandoned them to their fate). Wanting a Russia with clearly imperial tendencies, same as then, to crawl back in bed with them after 50 years of previous abuse seems, um, unwise.

I mean....after watching the cascade of the stupid decisions of the first half of the last century being trotted out again and re-tried in this new century, this might as well be the emblem of the 21st century:

Fqx-RLFWcAEI4Rs.jpg:large

Yes, Hungary, get in bed with Russia again, it will SURELY work out well THIS time.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

Hungary never seems to go with their gut…

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Hungary never seems to go with their gut…

Don't know if it's true, but a friend of mine has a Hungarian fiancé (who has been in the US for 20+ yrs as a student and then researcher).  Her parents are still in Hungry and according to my friend there is no love lost between the Hungarians and Ukrainians.  Border disputes and old timey bad blood.  When the war started he had asked her parents about the conflict and their response was along the lines of "I hope the Russians and Ukrainians kill each other off"  Not what he expected.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C04j2BbJ9cW/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Ukraine City council meeting is serious business.  Debating about wartime raises and a guy leaves and comes back and tosses grenades.  

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukraine-councilor-sets-off-grenades-meeting-captured-on-video/

Edited by Hook1997
  • Rage+1 1

29 minutes ago, locodos said:

Don't know if it's true, but a friend of mine has a Hungarian fiancé (who has been in the US for 20+ yrs as a student and then researcher).  Her parents are still in Hungry and according to my friend there is no love lost between the Hungarians and Ukrainians.  Border disputes and old timey bad blood.  When the war started he had asked her parents about the conflict and their response was along the lines of "I hope the Russians and Ukrainians kill each other off"  Not what he expected.

This is true, and true throughout the entire region (@956 Worldwide would be much better informed than I am). Just between 1918 and 1945 borders throughout Eastern Europe moved substantially, sometimes hundreds of kilometers, and nearly all Central and Eastern European countries have some form of irredentist movement and/or dormant (or not so dormant) land claims - often with several of their neighbors. While Hungary and Ukraine do have this issue, the one between Hungary and Romania is worse.

All that said, Poland probably has the greatest issue with Ukraine in this regard - the entire nation of Poland was moved west a couple of hundred kilometers in 1945; nearly all of western Ukraine was Polish prior to that date - and yet Poland is one of Ukraine's staunchest allies. What Russia did in that part of the world for centuries is far more important in most countries' minds than these land issues.

Hungary, on the other hand, is just being a dick.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, flatdawgs said:

This is true, and true throughout the entire region (@956 Worldwide would be much better informed than I am). Just between 1918 and 1945 borders throughout Eastern Europe moved substantially, sometimes hundreds of kilometers, and nearly all Central and Eastern European countries have some form of irredentist movement and/or dormant (or not so dormant) land claims - often with several of their neighbors. While Hungary and Ukraine do have this issue, the one between Hungary and Romania is worse.

All that said, Poland probably has the greatest issue with Ukraine in this regard - the entire nation of Poland was moved west a couple of hundred kilometers in 1945; nearly all of western Ukraine was Polish prior to that date - and yet Poland is one of Ukraine's staunchest allies. What Russia did in that part of the world for centuries is far more important in most countries' minds than these land issues.

Hungary, on the other hand, is just being a dick.

Hungary has been on the wrong side in both of the twentieth century’s major conflicts. However, the endless nagging about the unfair terms of the treaty of Trianon has far more to do with Orban and how he keeps bringing it up and less to do with genuine national urging to return Uzhorord or Transylvania to Hungary.  It’s important to remember that Hungary had not ruled those lands (and Slovakia, and part of Serbia) as a Hungarian state for many centuries. Rather, ethnic Hungarians were the local lords while themselves subordinate first within the Austrian Empire and then nominally within the dual monarchy of Austro-Hungary.  You’ll notice that today’s Orbanists aren’t clamoring for THAT part of RETVRN! 

One difference is that all the ethnic Poles up and left Ukraine. But lots of Hungarians stayed behind. So there is a slight bit of “yearning for the scattered people to be back in one home” but it’s not like the Hungarians abroad want this. And many of them do just….move to Hungary. 

TL;DR, there is some cranky-level griping about Poland not having Lviv, but they got over because…..they got over it.  Hungary WAS mostly over it until Orban decided he didn’t want to be over it anymore. Most irredentist movements have history and national longing as window dressing to very modern political manipulation. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Today, Russians attempted another attack on Avdiivka front. Deepstate about today’s attack:

“Today, Russians again marched in a column in the area of the Avdiivka Terekon. About 15 AFVs with infantry drove through Krasnohorivka to the south to Terekon, dropped the infantry and drove back. Thanks to the combined efforts of all the brigades on the site more than half of the equipment was destroyed. The infantry is now concentrated in the windbreaks, its destruction continues.

Expect a video of Russian equipment destruction from the Ukrainian brigades in the coming days.

Tactics generally do not change. Regular column attacks in the hope of a quick operation.

Again, we are talking about the important role of observing the frontline from drones and other UAVs, which reduce to zero the possibility of any blitzkrieg on an operational-tactical level.”

https://t.me/DeepStateUA/18342

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Greggo said:

Muh bridgehead. Surly armchair warlords duped again.

https://archive.ph/9Haed

some excerpts

“Several soldiers and marines spoke to journalists out of concern about the high casualties and what they said were overly optimistic accounts from officials about the progress of the offensive.”

“Soldiers and marines who have taken part in the river crossings described the offensive as brutalizing and futile, as waves of Ukrainian troops have been struck down on the river banks or in the water, even before they reach the other side.

Conditions are so difficult, a half-dozen men involved in the fighting said in interviews, that in most places, there is nowhere to dig in. The first approaches tend to be marshy islands threaded with rivulets or meadows that have become a quagmire of mud and bomb craters filled with water.”

“In the case of the Dnipro, President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine and other officials have suggested recently that the marines have gained a foothold on the eastern bank. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted a statement last month claiming they had established several strongholds.

But marines and soldiers who have been there say these accounts overstate the case.

“There are no positions. There is no such thing as an observation post or position,” said Oleksiy. “It is impossible to gain a foothold there. It’s impossible to move equipment there.”

“It’s not even a fight for survival,” he added. “It’s a suicide mission.”

“Oleksiy said the Ukrainian commanders’ poor preparation and logistics had decimated his battalion. Wounded men were being left behind because of a lack of boats, he said, and the brutal conditions were degrading morale and soldiers’ support for each other.

“People who end up there are not prepared psychologically,” he said. “They don’t even understand where they are going. They are not told by the command that sends them there.”

Oleksiy agreed to let The Times publish his account out of frustration at the losses. “I did not see anything like this in Bakhmut or Soledar,” he said, referring to two of the most intense battles on the eastern front. “It’s so wasteful.”

Ukraine.

But I’m a realist about how this is going and how it was always going to go if we (US/NATO) didn’t get directly involved. Russia was always going to be willing to go farther than we would to win this.  We’ve wasted a lot of resources, taking the long way, to get to a predictable outcome. This board is emotionally invested in a lost cause. 

I don’t completely agree with that. Russia will be in an even more serious population decline by the end of this along with most countries not wanting anything to do with them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Greggo said:

some excerpts

“Several soldiers and marines spoke to journalists out of concern about the high casualties and what they said were overly optimistic accounts from officials about the progress of the offensive.”

“Soldiers and marines who have taken part in the river crossings described the offensive as brutalizing and futile, as waves of Ukrainian troops have been struck down on the river banks or in the water, even before they reach the other side.

Conditions are so difficult, a half-dozen men involved in the fighting said in interviews, that in most places, there is nowhere to dig in. The first approaches tend to be marshy islands threaded with rivulets or meadows that have become a quagmire of mud and bomb craters filled with water.”

“In the case of the Dnipro, President Volodymyr Zelensky of Ukraine and other officials have suggested recently that the marines have gained a foothold on the eastern bank. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs posted a statement last month claiming they had established several strongholds.

But marines and soldiers who have been there say these accounts overstate the case.

“There are no positions. There is no such thing as an observation post or position,” said Oleksiy. “It is impossible to gain a foothold there. It’s impossible to move equipment there.”

“Oleksiy said the Ukrainian commanders’ poor preparation and logistics had decimated his battalion. Wounded men were being left behind because of a lack of boats, he said, and the brutal conditions were degrading morale and soldiers’ support for each other.

“People who end up there are not prepared psychologically,” he said. “They don’t even understand where they are going. They are not told by the command that sends them there.”

Oleksiy agreed to let The Times publish his account out of frustration at the losses. “I did not see anything like this in Bakhmut or Soledar,” he said, referring to two of the most intense battles on the eastern front. “It’s so wasteful.”

Ukraine.

But I’m a realist about how this is going and how it was always going to go if we (US/NATO) didn’t get directly involved. Russia was always going to be willing to go farther than we would to win this.  We’ve wasted a lot of resources, taking the long way, to get to a predictable outcome. This board is emotionally invested in a lost cause. 

Fuck off

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Greggo said:

some excerpts

Ukraine.

What is this like your 10th attempt to come back here? Maybe it just isn't meant to be.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

I don’t completely agree with that. Russia will be in an even more serious population decline by the end of this along with most countries not wanting anything to do with them. 

Well the Arab countries and China are trying to bring the Russian women in as wives. Jimbo Putin just likes to sit back and watch.

Edited by Schulz2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

What is this like your 10th attempt to come back here? Maybe it just isn't meant to be.

It’s quite astonishing. That cunt keeps coming back and spending time to create profiles just to make one post that no one agrees with, just to be banned and start over. 

I can’t even image what the ultimate goal is. Maybe he thinks he will change all of our minds?

Its all quite hilarious and pathetic.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

https://euromaidanpress.com/2023/12/16/bild-publishes-russian-war-plan-to-seize-eastern-ukraine-by-2026-isw-ukrainian-intel-react/

German newspaper find on Russian plans into 2026.  If you extrapolate their losses to their desired gains, with nothing changing, the math would say the take losses of approximately 6 million in order to it.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 hours ago, Greggo said:

Ukraine.

Cool you responded as a totally different user...

Also, I just wanted to get a Russian to admit they were rooting for Ukraine in writing.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2