Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

39 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Russia still has a decent amount of both, unfortunately. The new F-16s will help.

They probably have more planes than qualified pilots.  It’s like the Japanese after Midway and the sinking of their four carriers. They lost all of their experience flyers - and the newbies they sent up after that led to the Great Mariannas Turkey Shoot. 

So the question is less , “how many planes are in hangers?” - and more “how many people are qualified to fly them right now?”

• Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, Smax said:

Not really, what else is the world community going to do that they aren't already

Not for him, but there’s a lot of chatter about Navalny and various countries taking the $300 billion in frozen Russian assets and giving them to Ukraine, which would be new, and would be huge.

Times Radio has had a few folks talking about how catastrophic it could be for Putin in the wake of Navalny’s death. As of now, those assets owned by the Russian banks and Putin’s oligarchs are still frozen, but if they decided to take those assets and give them to Ukraine it would hurt the banks and would really hurt a lot of oligarchs, and would be a massive boost to Ukraine.

I don’t know if it’d be enough to turn oligarchs against Putin - they already have to be pissed that the assets were seized and they aren’t able to wander freely around in their fancy yachts, etc. but it would boost Ukraine. The talking heads seem to think it would be a massive blow against Putin,

I’m pissed that those assets weren’t already sent to Ukraine. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Not for him, but there’s a lot of chatter about Navalny and various countries taking the $300 billion in frozen Russian assets and giving them to Ukraine, which would be new, and would be huge.

Times Radio has had a few folks talking about how catastrophic it could be for Putin in the wake of Navalny’s death. As of now, those assets owned by the Russian banks and Putin’s oligarchs are still frozen, but if they decided to take those assets and give them to Ukraine it would hurt the banks and would really hurt a lot of oligarchs, and would be a massive boost to Ukraine.

I don’t know if it’d be enough to turn oligarchs against Putin - they already have to be pissed that the assets were seized and they aren’t able to wander freely around in their fancy yachts, etc. but it would boost Ukraine. The talking heads seem to think it would be a massive blow against Putin,

I’m pissed that those assets weren’t already sent to Ukraine. 

Haven't watched yet but lets say the 300 billion is given to Ukraine, not only would be a slap to Putin and the oligachs but a big middle finger to congress too, so it needs to happen. If  some of the oligarchs start to turn, whats to stop Putin from killing one or more of them just like he did Navalny? Heard a Soviet saying today on a podcast about all this, no man no problem, that can go to either side here. But with the murder of both Navalny and Prigozhin fresh on Russian minds, not sure what kind of stomach or balls these oligarchs have 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Slacks said:

OK, so I don't keep up, but someone help me understand why anyone thought Navalny was going to live. I assumed he was already dead shortly after he was 'captured'.

Navalny was his biggest and most famous critic, and (openly) keeping him locked up in an arctic hellhole was Putin’s way of telling Russians and the world “fuck you, I’m so powerful I keep my opponents locked up for bullshit reasons and there is nothing you can do.”

Why kill him in such an open manner (versus making him “disappear” and be off limits to everybody)?  Fear of something.

Was he scared that he wouldn’t “win” the “election” next month?  No, the results are ready known and everybody knows them.

Navalny can still rally people, even indirectly - he  wanted Russians that supported him to all show up at noon to vote.  The police couldn’t arrest them since they were voting, and it wouldn’t changed the rigged outcome, but if a massive amount of people all decided to vote at noon it would be a sign that Navalny had a lot of support https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/navalny-asks-russians-protest-against-putin-by-all-voting-noon-2024-02-01/#:~:text=Navalny asks Russians to protest against Putin by all voting at noon,-By Lucy Papachristou&text=LONDON%2C Feb 1 (Reuters),out to vote at noon. 

Was Putin scared about ramping up the SMO?  He’s still not publicly touching Moscow and St. Petersburg for open mobilization

We are less than a week out from the anniversary of the main invasion of Ukraine and it’s not going well - massive losses to take Avdiivka, continued naval and air losses, etc.  We hit that two year anniversary with things going poorly, and then a massive outpouring of voters at noon on Election Day, and Putin looks weak.

Navalny dead and Putin can take Russia down whatever dark road he thinks he needs to in regard to Ukraine without anybody for the opposition to rally around.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Smax said:

If  some of the oligarchs start to turn, whats to stop Putin from killing one or more of them just like he did Navalny?

If the oligarchs believe that they will be killed off for real or contrived reasons, they could hit a point where they decide to move against Putin before he moves against them.  With Ukraine going so poorly, he needs scapegoats and he’s already sending officers that have been deemed to be poor leaders into the front lines with the fresh meat.  Rich people who are known to Russians as a whole are all that’s left for him to use - some mid-level bureaucrat that nobody has ever heard of won’t keep the mob satisfied,

• Hook 'Em 3

On 2/18/2024 at 11:50 PM, bolverk said:

I watched all three, and those are excellent reactions and analyses. For those who haven't watched due to length or whatever, I'd recommend initially starting with the second video at 1.25x speed for a great background, followed by the thought-provoking second half of the first video on political implications within the Russian sphere. Then, move on to the third for reaction.

it was interesting to see Romans’s video to see his reaction as someone who’s followed Navalny for a while.  99.9% are so beaten down I cannot conceive of them doing anything but feed themselves into the grinder

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, B00M said:

use tiny and silent drones for surveillance so the Russians don’t know they need to run and seek cover 

I should get one of these and try it out in San Marcos around spring time for research purposes. Sewell park would work.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, F250 said:

I should get one of these and try it out in San Marcos around spring time for research purposes. Sewell park would work.

Surly crowdfunded… for science.

kate upton bikini GIF

then again, Teledyne probably wouldn’t sell to animals like us. Honestly I was surprised by how much of the wing geometry was on display in that vid. Hopefully the wings on display are intentionally wrong 

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2